Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Season record prediction thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I only care if the Pats win, as long as they do that, I don't care what their rivals do. My oldest is a jet's fan and I rooted for the jets alongside him as long as it did not affect the Pats. The only guy on the jets I don't like is Holmes now that Scott is gone.
    You don't have a say in how the teams do. You can only hope or root , so join the club I say and throw your two cents in. I enjoy your posts.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    From 6-10 last year...
    - Easier schedule
    - Real O coordinator
    - Better depth on o-line

I think they could land anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 (depending on injuries, Geno, etc) but for the sake of a prediction I will go 10-6.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples injury will hurt Jets defense, no doubt...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 to 5 wins

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    same as last year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    My oldest is a jet's fan and I rooted for the jets alongside him as long as it did not affect the Pats.
    You are a good dad then

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanri View Post
    From 6-10 last year...
    - Easier schedule
    - Real O coordinator
    - Better depth on o-line

I think they could land anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 (depending on injuries, Geno, etc) but for the sake of a prediction I will go 10-6.
    a quarterback tight end wide receiver and running back might help as well a defense with experience.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I was more optimistic, gun to my head I'd say 5-11. Still really excited for this season though

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    9 and 7. Steal a win for 10 and make the playoffs. Yea I'm a dreamer. Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am actually proud of you all. There's almost never been a thread of this nature where it does not eventually fall into some sort of pissing match between two Jets fans or a Jets fan and rival fans. This has really gone well.

Rex Ryan has been saying he thinks the defense will be top 5 this season. I cannot see how? Missing a FS, lost talent in the secondary, suspect linebacking corp, Coples injury, etc.

But I have always found when Rex Ryan makes a prediction, he's normally right or very close to being right. If the Jets defense ends up being as good as he claims, the number of wins could easily go up. Especially, if this Jets defense manages to generate more turnovers than ever before when Rex has been around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    you're the worst kind of SOJF. You talk a lot or months about how much better the Jets are, then you predict a big 4 wins. Kind of sad. You really have no faith in the team to profess to like. You know deep down the Pats are your Daddy.
    LOLZ!!!

FTR, I am expecting many more than 4 wins... I was mocking idiots who actually believe we will win 4 games max so we can get Bridgewater.

I'm pretty sure I've said here several times, that if this team plays like a team, 10 wins is certainly possible.
    Damn near EVERY FACET of the Offense is improved over last year, and maybe over ALL of the Schotty Era if these guys play to potential, and Geno catches on quick.

I expected SOME clowns on here to be completely fooled, but I thought you knew better!
    I must remind myself that you are a Pasts* fan and you guys have pretty bad interpretation skills. It's ok.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys this is a 4-11-1 team but we are primed for a turn around next year which is exciting in my POV

* tie with the Browns

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Seems strange to me that you wouldn't root against your division rivals more than other teams (*addendum of other teams that there is specific history of them getting in the way of your team winning ... I.e. NY Giants
    I got nothing against the Giants, they won the games. It hurt to lose, but it was fun getting there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread needs to be revisited after Week 2 for all of the dopes that think we're gonna only have 4-5 wins max.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    This thread needs to be revisited after Week 2 for all of the dopes that think we're gonna only have 4-5 wins max.
    I'm a little surprised at you I thought you were a little bit more level headed than that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I'm a little surprised at you I thought you were a little bit more level headed than that.
    I am! I won't be overly surprised by 6 wins, and I won't be remotely surprised with 8.

I think 10 is possible if we get the bounces our way! And I think we beat the Pasts* week 2!

The Defense is gonna be the Defense. The Offense is clearly upgraded with the presence of MM/Lee alone.
    Geno is the key.

New England took a MAJOR drop this off-season/Training Camp.
    You don't just come back from that like nothing ever happened... I don't give a rat's ass WHO you are!
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 09-02-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On paper we will be favored in only 3games (BUF,Oak,Clev). Defense will be decent but the secondary is not as good as last year. Offense still has the same holes, just think I don't think any Jets offensive player was selected in fantasy football worldwide. Pats will find a way to win 11 games and division, they won 10 games the year Brady was injured. Prediction 4-12

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    7-9

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    On paper we will be favored in only 3games (BUF,Oak,Clev).
    Do you believe we will be underdog @Buffalo? Or did you simply forget we play division teams 2x a season?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Do you believe we will be underdog @Buffalo? Or did you simply forget we play division teams 2x a season?
    yes we will, maybe pick em