Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 186

Thread: 2013 Season record prediction thread

  1. #1

    2013 Season record prediction thread

    Now that the regular season is upon us and all of the offseason moves have pretty much come to a close, what do you think the Jets record will be?

    I figure somewhere around 5-11. I think the defense will be good. IMO, not as good as any other defense we have had under Rex Ryan, but still a good defense. Probably a top 15 defense. I also believe the ST's will be improved. After having such a terrible year on ST's last season, I can only see the unit being better. The offense should be better over the long term, but I cannot see the offense being very productive this season. They got better along the OL. They added some youth and actually got some badly needed depth. I love the Willie Colon FA move. I love the guys attitude and assuming he stays healthy, I can definitely see the OL as a whole being better. Kellen Winslow seems to be a good addition as well and should give the QB another weapon in the passing game.

    However, that is where it ends for the offense. The passing game will be a nightmare this season. Whoever plays QB will never get any respect from opposing defenses. They will sell out and stop our running game and challenge the QB to throw the ball. It's that simple.

    Overall, this is a rebuilding season for the team. The FO is paving the way for a championship run in anywhere from 2-3 seasons from now. They are on schedule. The team will need to go through a bad season or two to complete the rebuilding process. 2013 is the worst part of the rebuilding process.

  2. #2
    I agree with your prediction, but don't understand how you get there. You say ST and offense will be better than last year's 7-9 squad and the D will be top 15 (I'm assuming you're talking yards and not points, as the Jets D was 20th in points the last 2 seasons). So why do you predict two less wins? As to being on track to building a championship run in the next 2-3 years, that will solely depend on if you have found, or will find, a franchise caliber QB. Jury's out on Geno (or Simms) and who knows who will be next if neither is the answer. I'm picking 5-11 or 6-10 because I think QB will be a major issue as I see the team flip flopping between Geno and Snatchez and Rex making bonehead decisions because his professional life is on the line.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,769
    This thread needs a public poll with the amount of wins.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,274
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I agree with your prediction, but don't understand how you get there. You say ST and offense will be better than last year's 7-9 squad and the D will be top 15 (I'm assuming you're talking yards and not points, as the Jets D was 20th in points the last 2 seasons). So why do you predict two less wins? As to being on track to building a championship run in the next 2-3 years, that will solely depend on if you have found, or will find, a franchise caliber QB. Jury's out on Geno (or Simms) and who knows who will be next if neither is the answer. I'm picking 5-11 or 6-10 because I think QB will be a major issue as I see the team flip flopping between Geno and Snatchez and Rex making bonehead decisions because his professional life is on the line.
    The Jets were 6-10 last season you must be thinking of the 9-7 team that beat the Pats in the bowl awhile back..

  5. #5
    4-5. Impossible to win without a good QB in this league. This season is all about seeing the young players develop, and whether or not they see enough of Geno Smith to think he may be the guy going forward.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,868
    Heart 9-7
    Head 6-10

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,779
    Geno starts 4 wins. He is promising but he won't win this year. Mark starts, much better. He has won 11 games before.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,447
    if the schedule was flipped maybe 8-8 but it's brutal to begin with: 6-10

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,300
    7-9

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Geno starts 4 wins. He is promising but he won't win this year. Mark starts, much better. He has won 11 games before.
    If Geno plays as well as Mark did his rookie year (which isn't much of a bar), I don't see why we set such low expectations. 8-8 should at least be in the realm of possibility if we don't get another Sanchez circa 2012.

    If Geno can't give us a rookie Sanchez effort I hope they pull him somewhat quickly and get Simms in there. Not because I think he's the answer, but because I want to be SURE we don't have our future QB already on the roster before we go "wasting" a high draft pick on one next year (no I don't think we'll be picking top 3) . . .

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,930
    5-11

  13. #13
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,101
    13-3

  14. #14
    Another encouraging thing I forgot to add......

    Geno Smith is our starter and that is a good thing for the time being. The kid needs to start and get his feet wet. Think of 2013 as a 16 game audition. MM will get the chance to work with him and try to get Geno through the learning curve much faster. But then it is all up to Geno. Who knows if the game will ever slow down for him? Who knows if he'll ever have full command of the offense? Will he ever raise the level of talent of the players around him?

    But it is all good anyway. Assuming Geno fails, there's every reason to think that Idzik will go after another QB in next years draft. The 2014 draft stands to have quite a bit of talented blue chip QB prospects.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Another encouraging thing I forgot to add......

    Geno Smith is our starter and that is a good thing for the time being. The kid needs to start and get his feet wet. Think of 2013 as a 16 game audition. MM will get the chance to work with him and try to get Geno through the learning curve much faster. But then it is all up to Geno. Who knows if the game will ever slow down for him? Who knows if he'll ever have full command of the offense? Will he ever raise the level of talent of the players around him?

    But it is all good anyway. Assuming Geno fails, there's every reason to think that Idzik will go after another QB in next years draft. The 2014 draft stands to have quite a bit of talented blue chip QB prospects.
    I agree with this to a point. If Geno looks completely lost ... Expect to see the only QB on our roster that did not look flustered under pressure ...

    Prediction 6-10

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Jets were 6-10 last season you must be thinking of the 9-7 team that beat the Pats in the bowl awhile back..
    Yes and no. Yes, I was wrong on the # wins, and no, it wasn't any sort of "The Bowl" when the Jets beat the Pats a while back.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    13-3

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Heart 9-7
    Head 6-10
    Sounds about right. We will of course win a game or two we shouldn't, and lose a game or two we shouldn't.

  19. #19
    4-12 Ryan fired at the Bye week

  20. #20
    3-13

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us