Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 kids under the age of 16 shot in NY in last 3 months. Two, less than 3 years old.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

15 kids under the age of 16 shot in NY in last 3 months. Two, less than 3 years old.

But the SQF hand-wringers care about minority communities and the kids therein, right?

And Bill DeBlasio is telling us his son has more to fear from the police than the lawlessness that is returning to the streets as the gang-bangers realize the cops that save thousands of lives since the 90's...are institutionally neutered.

Anyone notice that in the dialogue of the current Mayoral race, the words "getting stopped" has virtually taken on the meaning of getting lynched?

My inclination to say I told you so is overshadowed by the great sadness I feel that an untold number of minority kids have just been sentenced to death.

If you feel that is too strong an assessment, you fail to grasp the dynamic of what has gone on in this city the last 25 years.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, 32. Like you, I was on the front lines during the bad old days, only in the jails. To gain control of out of control violence against inmates and staff, the steps taken were very similar to those taken by the NYPD. These included coordinated, quick-hitting (legal) searches, stringent parameters for the re-arrest and conviction of inmates committing violence against staff and affording officers the legal authority to conduct searches for contraband based upon probable cause, without necessity for arrest nor fear of reprisal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    But the SQF hand-wringers care about minority communities and the kids therein, right?

And Bill DeBlasio is telling us his son has more to fear from the police than the lawlessness that is returning to the streets as the gang-bangers realize the cops that save thousands of lives since the 90's...are institutionally neutered.

Anyone notice that in the dialogue of the current Mayoral race, the words "getting stopped" has virtually taken on the meaning of getting lynched?

My inclination to say I told you so is overshadowed by the great sadness I feel that an untold number of minority kids have just been sentenced to death.

If you feel that is too strong an assessment, you fail to grasp the dynamic of what has gone on in this city the last 25 years.

-
    It's not just NYC, Atlanta, DC , Charlotte etc.... Friggin ridiculous what's happening. It has me totally turned to watch out for myself and mine.

Heard a representative of the black community stating that as long as whites move when blacks move in, there is no equality.

I was waiting for him to address the high crime of black on black, illiteracy, unemployment, teenage pregnancy. geez....I'm still waiting.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    It's not just NYC, Atlanta, DC , Charlotte etc.... Friggin ridiculous what's happening. It has me totally turned to watch out for myself and mine.

Heard a representative of the black community stating that as long as whites move when blacks move in, there is no equality.

I was waiting for him to address the high crime of black on black, illiteracy, unemployment, teenage pregnancy. geez....I'm still waiting.
    "The Troubles"....

Lmfao.

Blacks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murder in NYC is at historic lows, no?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Sad. And when it gets worse they will complain that the police aren't doing their jobs.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    So...whats your point?

A one year old shot and killed in Brooklyn last night, well after I posted this thread. A one year old baby.

You still gonna comfort yourself with the crime stats?

I find it ironic that the greatest benefactors of an active police presence stat wise (minorities) and the lib hand wringers that would blithely chirp away their empty pandering platitudes....are hand in hand demonizing the NYPD (as flawed as any larger municipal force would be).

PK throws his snark-bombs about "the blacks" when it was in fact..."the blacks" and the "Libs" who decided this was a racial issue, not the cops, black white and hispanic that were out there trying to scare the guns back into the shadows so they couldnt be pulled impulsively during stupid street beefs like we see now.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So...whats your point?

A one year old shot and killed in Brooklyn last night, well after I posted this thread. A one year old baby.

You still gonna comfort yourself with the crime stats?

I find it ironic that the greatest benefactors of an active police presence stat wise (minorities) and the lib hand wringers that would blithely chirp away their empty pandering platitudes....are hand in hand demonizing the NYPD (as flawed as any larger municipal force would be).

PK throws his snark-bombs about "the blacks" when it was in fact..."the blacks" and the "Libs" who decided this was a racial issue, not the cops, black white and hispanic that were out there trying to scare the guns back into the shadows so they couldnt be pulled impulsively during stupid street beefs like we see now.

-
    My point is that if murder is at a historic low, then something is going right, big picture wise.

I don't know the details of the small picture issues you seem to be talking about. (Perhaps some details for non-NYCers would help your point) of course any time someone is murdered regardless or race, it's a tragedy, that goes without saying.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My point is that if murder is at a historic low, then something is going right, big picture wise.

Yeah... Bloomberg's iron fist, nanny state policies. As soon as Quinn or DeBlasio does away with stop and frisk and similarly acquiesces to the outraged left-wing activist leaders, the city will revert back to the Dinkins days. Old 32 will be having flashbacks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Precisely, but this low is no accident.....and was paid for in blood, sweat and tears, literally.

Now that the work has been done, the architects are being demonized, the cops publicly de-balled...and the mutts have sensed it;

These children being mowed down is but a portent of much much worse things to come. (and then you will hear the where are the cops rallying call). But this time, no amount of Guiliani or Bratton will be able to motivate cops that have been branded racist thugs and threatened with prosecution for civil rights violations. NYC shall reap what it sowed...... in body bags.

Sometimes, very small ones.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The next mayor will ruin NYC. Back to the days of David Dinkins. The Dem candidates are all pandering to the lowest common denominator.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that the work has been done, the architects are being demonized, the cops publicly de-balled...
    What does this mean....what is going in NYC?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah... Bloomberg's iron fist, nanny state policies. As soon as Quinn or DeBlasio does away with stop and frisk and similarly acquiesces to the outraged left-wing activist leaders, the city will revert back to the Dinkins days. Old 32 will be having flashbacks.
    I lived and worked in NYC in the Dinkins era. 53st and LEX subway stop smelled of urine... , I worked in Citicorp center. The city was a disgusting place to be in many areas.

My fear is that your post is on target.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does this mean....what is going in NYC?
    Read Ernies post. Post 12.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kids father won't even talk to the cops. No snitching yo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Precisely, but this low is no accident.....and was paid for in blood, sweat and tears, literally.

Now that the work has been done, the architects are being demonized, the cops publicly de-balled...and the mutts have sensed it;

These children being mowed down is but a portent of much much worse things to come. (and then you will hear the where are the cops rallying call). But this time, no amount of Guiliani or Bratton will be able to motivate cops that have been branded racist thugs and threatened with prosecution for civil rights violations. NYC shall reap what it sowed...... in body bags.

Sometimes, very small ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    The next mayor will ruin NYC. Back to the days of David Dinkins. The Dem candidates are all pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Except the crime drops over the past 25 years are true in almost every major city. Major crime rates in 2010 are far lower then what they were in the early 1990s. I'm someone who thinks the Giuliani/Bloomberg combination has been great for NYC. But the idea that NYC is exceptional because of it's drop is ludicrous. The entire country dropped, NYC dropped a little more than most. But NYC crime/murder rate would have dropped regardless of who was mayor, 24 of the 25 biggest cities in the US saw a major drop in murders over the past 20 years.

Also, I imagine people in NYC would notice this more than anyone else, but there's been an uptick of homelessness, crime, and squalor over the past 5 years, it's been subtle, and it hasn't been a major tick in general crime, but it's noticeable to me
    Last edited by Batmans A Scientist; 09-02-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    11 SQF definitions

Suggest New

Suggest New

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    But the idea that NYC is exceptional because of it's drop is ludicrous.
    Is that the argument here? That New York City is exceptional?

Meh, re-reading....dont see that, ludicrous..indeed. Rock on with your bad self.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    11 SQF definitions

Suggest New

Suggest New
    One year old shot to death... in it's stroller. Its funny...because a conservative guy is railing about it?

How else do I interpret this?

(Does in fact confirm much of my views on liberals.)

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bloomberg is more worried about a large soda then a child's life.