Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This could be great news

This could be great news

Carl Nicks, the pro bowl guard is doubtful for Sundays game with that weird foot fungus going through the Bucs locker room.
    If Nicks doesn't play, the Bucs weak spot goes up against the Jets strength.
    With Freeman not being fleet of foot, getting some quick pressure up the middle on the Bucs could be just what the doctor ordered for our suspect secondary.
    Something tells me Cro is gonna have a great game. With all the talk about Revis back in NY, I can see Cro doing something to remind everyone he's also a pro bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Carl Nicks, the pro bowl guard is doubtful for Sundays game with that weird foot fungus going through the Bucs locker room.
    If Nicks doesn't play, the Bucs weak spot goes up against the Jets strength.
    With Freeman not being fleet of foot, getting some quick pressure up the middle on the Bucs could be just what the doctor ordered for our suspect secondary.
    Something tells me Cro is gonna have a great game. With all the talk about Revis back in NY, I can see Cro doing something to remind everyone he's also a pro bowler.
    Not a fungus, its a bacterial infection called MRSA, which stands for Methicillin Resistatnt Staphylococccus Aureus, or in layman's terms a Staph infection. It is methicillin resistant which means that it cannot be killed by regular antibiotics. My biggest concern would be that since MRSA is very difficult to eradicate(there is anecdotal evidence that it is impossible to get rid of fully), my biggest concern would be that the Jets bring back the bacteria to their locker room and it becomes a problem here. If a MRSA patient comes into the hospital, he or she and her room is pretty much quarantined, to prevent spread.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    Not a fungus, its a bacterial infection called MRSA, which stands for Methicillin Resistatnt Staphylococccus Aureus, or in layman's terms a Staph infection. It is methicillin resistant which means that it cannot be killed by regular antibiotics. My biggest concern would be that since MRSA is very difficult to eradicate(there is anecdotal evidence that it is impossible to get rid of fully), my biggest concern would be that the Jets bring back the bacteria to their locker room and it becomes a problem here. If a MRSA patient comes into the hospital, he or she and her room is pretty much quarantined, to prevent spread.
    I'm sure the facility has been given a real deep clean by now.

Jets Insider VIP
    I had MRSA a few years back. It was 1st diagnosed as staph and they gave me regular antibiotics. The infection wasnt getting better and about 5 days later the test came back it wasnt regular staph, it was MESA. They switched my antibiotic and within 5-7 days it was gone.

Besides the spot of the actual infection being very painful, it wasnt bad at all. I guess im lucky but i cant understand how lawrence tynes's season is over because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I had MRSA a few years back. It was 1st diagnosed as staph and they gave me regular antibiotics. The infection wasnt getting better and about 5 days later the test came back it wasnt regular staph, it was MESA. They switched my antibiotic and within 5-7 days it was gone.

Besides the spot of the actual infection being very painful, it wasnt bad at all. I guess im lucky but i cant understand how lawrence tynes's season is over because of this.
    It ate his big toe off.

A few guys from my wrestling team had a staph infection (me being one of them). It was infected in my bloodstream, and my veins on my forearm were bright bluish purplish. Disgusting.

But we're all better now. I hope the Bucs locker room gets better - after week 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    A few guys from my wrestling team had a staph infection (me being one of them). It was infected in my bloodstream, and my veins on my forearm were bright bluish purplish. Disgusting.

But we're all better now. I hope the Bucs locker room gets better - after week 1.
    In other news Revis is holding out for hazardous duty pay..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Revis hasn't played one iota of football at full speed.
    If I were MM, I would definitely start out the game with a pulling sweep to his side with a pitch to Ivory.
    Forget the fact that we might not get any yards, I would love to see Revis reaction to guys laying down cut blocs around his knees outside of the tackle.

Not trying to injure, just trying to intimidate.
    That and making him go full speed a couple of times with Hill & Gates. There is no way he can be on 4 quarters shape after being out an entire year & no game speed play.
    If he is & he doesn't skip a beat than holy chit, he's another AP which is crazy rare.

If I were MM, I would definitely start out the game with a pulling sweep to his side with a pitch to Ivory.
    Forget the fact that we might not get any yards, I would love to see Revis reaction to guys laying down cut blocs around his knees outside of the tackle.

That and making him go full speed a couple of times with Hill & Gates. There is no way he can be on 4 quarters shape after being out an entire year & no game speed play.
    If he is & he doesn't skip a beat than holy chit, he's another AP which is crazy rare.
    +1

Been my feeling on him exactly.

All League

I think most veterans would look down on that, teammate or not

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    I think most veterans would look down on that, teammate or not
    LOLWUT?!

What game are YOU watching?

But yeah, we need to find out his most comfortable scenario and do that.

Maybe we can ask teams not to rush Geno as well?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Well if the spot is right at the end of his kicking toe and the spot is very painful that would sorta limit his kicking ability wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    LOL. Excellent.

I read a headline something about the bucs ending his season to avoid a lawsuit? His wife is all pissed. Idk I didn't look further into it

Quote Originally Posted by george jetfan from miami View Post
    I read a headline something about the bucs ending his season to avoid a lawsuit? His wife is all pissed. Idk I didn't look further into it
    Oh, is this the guy who's wife was sending those pissed off tweets about the Bucs "class" all sarcastic and pissed?

LOL. I got a kick out of that. She was REALLY pissed, you could tell!

Reminded me of Leon's wife getting all pissed at NYC when he got traded.

Jets Insider VIP

He is hamstring pull prone. I like your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He is hamstring pull prone. I like your ideas.
    I laugh at fans that think that vets won't go after him.
    BB went right after him after his holdout by sending Moss deep. He pulled his hammy & had to come out.
    This is the freaking NFL, it's what they do, challenge guys that might not be 100%.

Jets Insider VIP
    Petty sad when Aaron Hernandez's current locker room is cleaner than the Buc's...

Jets Insider VIP
    Florida is so humid and hot. I'm sure those conditions are breeding grounds for this foot stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Florida is so humid and hot. I'm sure those conditions are breeding grounds for this foot stuff.
    Wow all this talk must really have mr and mrs Ryan all fired up.