Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Bridgewater on ESPN right now

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Hey great job by your tigers knocking of the dawgs....I was in the swamp yesterday watching my Gators....I'll be back in 2 weeks for the Tennessee game.....gotta love college football. Your boys has a legit chance to win the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Again, you are missing the point completely.

Wait... Why does Bridgewater wear gloves? Anyone know?

It is f*cking bizarre to see a QB wearing gloves in perfect warm weather. Remember Kurt Warner wearing gloves in a dome?

Sorry, I don't draft a QB who wears gloves. Haha

Hall Of Fame
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Wait... Why does Bridgewater wear gloves? Anyone know?

It is f*cking bizarre to see a QB wearing gloves in perfect warm weather. Remember Kurt Warner wearing gloves in a dome?

Sorry, I don't draft a QB who wears gloves. Haha

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Hey great job by your tigers knocking of the dawgs....I was in the swamp yesterday watching my Gators....I'll be back in 2 weeks for the Tennessee game.....gotta love college football. Your boys has a legit chance to win the ACC.
    Yeah, it was an awesome game. One of the best crowds I have seen at CU. Nothing beats a college football game in that type of atmosphere. The whole weekend was great, one giant party for 3 days. Winning the game made the flight home much better.

Veteran
    Yeah, it was an awesome game. One of the best crowds I have seen at CU. Nothing beats a college football game in that type of atmosphere. The whole weekend was great, one giant party for 3 days. Winning the game made the flight home much better.
    Was watching the game with my brother and I can not count how many ties we wished we were there. We TV viewing people were allowed too see the approaching buses. Pretty cool.

And since your boy and Rex's are on the same team it gives me even more reason to root for them. Being in SEC country I want to see the ACC beat em.

Hall Of Fame
    Nothing beats a college atmosphere and I know it was rocking in death valley....we had a great crowd in the swamp but it felt like it was 300 degrees....when I left the stadium there were 2 ambulances outside tending to heat victims....they gave out fans shaped like a Gator helmet.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    Was watching the game with my brother and I can not count how many ties we wished we were there. We TV viewing people were allowed too see the approaching buses. Pretty cool.

And since your boy and Rex's are on the same team it gives me even more reason to root for them. Being in SEC country I want to see the ACC beat em.
    No, my son is only 13, I was joking that him and Rex's son were on the field at the end of the game because my son and nephew ran on the field after the game. I am a Clemson alum.

I saw the TV footage of the approaching buses today when I watched the game on DVR, it is pretty awesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Nothing beats a college atmosphere and I know it was rocking in death valley....we had a great crowd in the swamp but it felt like it was 300 degrees....when I left the stadium there were 2 ambulances outside tending to heat victims....they gave out fans shaped like a Gator helmet.
    I know, the heat was brutal this weekend down there. We went to the ESPN College Gameday show in the morning and it was 92 degrees at 9am...LOL. Brutal humidity.

LOl...LOL....seriously??
    Too many vegetables, not enough protein will cause this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Not a fan of Manzeil at all ... Now Clowney ... That is a whole nother story altogether ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Why not just resign Tebow?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    OROY ... LMAO ... Dude threw three picks in his last game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    And any idiot knows that means 54 per season, right GM Dunnie?

Wait, you're the genius that thinks Simms should start, that playing 4th stringers means nothing. LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Irrelevant numbers. Check out these awesome Geno Smith passes.

West Virginia ran this play constantly and it is officially recorded as a pass.

Andrew Luck became the presumptive #1 pick after a freshman season during which he posted the following numbers:

162/288 (56.3%), 2575 yards (8.9 ypa), 13 TD / 4 INT

That same year, Case Keenum threw for 5600 yards with a 70.3% completion rate and 44 TDs. But no one in the NFL cared about that. Just like they didn't care about Colt McCoy's season the year before, when he completed 76.7% of his passes for 3800 yards and 34 TDs while rushing for another 11 TDs.

The way Luck got his not quite 2600 yards was far more impressive than anything the other QBs did that year.

Bridgewater may not be Luck, but it's the same concept. The way he's getting his numbers is more impressive than the way Geno got his (in Texas Tech scheme, with the added bonus of the Jet Sweep Pass(?)) to Tavon Austin.
    Cool story dude.

He threw for over 600 yards and 8 TDs in one game with 89% completion and you decided to downplay those numbers by showing a different game. As if those numbers needed clarification you needed to tell us that those are irrelevant numbers? And to check out some awesome Geno Smith passes?

It's never enough for Jet fans, always looking for better. No one is talking Geno as Luck, we don't have Luck. No matter how good he is, he's irrelevant.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-02-2013 at 12:59 AM.

LOl...LOL....seriously??
    What's so funny? Clowney is a can't miss prospect. Probably the best edge rusher to come out since Peppers. All QBs are a risk (other than Luck and Peyton) and Manziel has as much upside as Bridgewater, just more risk, so if given to chance to get one ofbthe best Defensive prospects to come out in the last 10 years, and Manziel who could turn out to be one of the most exciting players in the league, why not? I'd sign up for 1-15 right now for that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What's so funny? Clowney is a can't miss prospect. Probably the best edge rusher to come out since Peppers. All QBs are a risk (other than Luck and Peyton) and Manziel has as much upside as Bridgewater, just more risk, so if given to chance to get one ofbthe best Defensive prospects to come out in the last 10 years, and Manziel who could turn out to be one of the most exciting players in the league, why not? I'd sign up for 1-15 right now for that.
    Johnny Football isn't going to make it to the 2nd round. No one thinks that.

No one signs up for 1-15, ever.

Especially not for a DL who takes plays off a lot and whoever is available at the top of the 2nd round.

Most sane fans would hope that Geno does well and we can add to a decent team instead of looking to pick up hot names.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-02-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Why not just resign Tebow?
    Anyone who compares Manzeil to Tebow either never actually watched them play, isn't paying attention, or is altogether clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Johnny Football isn't going to make it to the 2nd round. No one thinks that.
    I have heard many people projecting him there right now. Height, body, reckless play, coachability and off the field concerns could make him drop. He is a huge risk.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I have heard many people projecting him there right now. Height, body, reckless play, coachability and off the field concerns could make him drop. He is a huge risk.
    No way, he's a kid who acts like one but hasn't done anything thats that bad, that would effect his draft status. Coachability? He's supposed to be easy to coach and works hard at his craft. I don't want him either way, wouldn't take him in the 2nd, don't know why you dream of getting another 2nd round QB anyway. Why not just hope that the one you took this year works out, makes sense in every way.

Anyone who compares Manzeil to Tebow either never actually watched them play, isn't paying attention, or is altogether clueless.
    Your right but only because Tebow might have been a better pro prospect.

Manziel isnt even 2nd round talent. He will likely get a 4-5 round grade by the board. I am not a big fan of next years class but here is my top 15 most are underclassman mind you.

1. Teddy Bridgwater
    2. Brett Hundley
    3. Marcus Mariota
    4. Tajh Boyd
    5. Jeff Driskel
    6. Kevin Hogan
    7. David Fales
    8. A.J. McCarron
    9. Derek Carr
    10. Aaron Murray
    11. Stephen Morris
    12. Johnny Manziel
    13. Zach Mettenberger
    14. Jeff Mathews
    15. Logan Thomas

I love Marriota as the second QB behind Bridgewater next year. Bridgewater is one of the better QB prospects to come out, and taking into account the impact he will have on a team, I would take him over Clowney. A franchise QB in today's league? Almost impossible to contain. An amazing DE? You double team him, and force others to beat you on defense. There are studs like Von Miller, Ware, and others out there, and yet those defenses aren't anywhere near elite. But how many elite QBs have teams that aren't top tier offenses?

Bridgewater at No. 1, and Clowney at No. 2. Marriota reminds me a lot of Kapernick, 4.4 speed, elusive, and can still throw very well with a strong arm. Yeah, he plays in a uptempo offense, but I think the skill set is there for him to really dominate. Manziel, I think is going to be a circus, albeit talented, but a circus.