Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raiders cut Tyler Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol.. So if the raiders offense has been slightly better than jets the raiders defense must consistently be the worst in nfl every yr not wasting my time looking it up, just know raiders suck so something on that team must suck terrible .. I admire you for sticking with 1 of the worst teams in past decade or more : ) seriously
    Slightly better is wishful thinking as if I said Jets defense was slightly better than the raiders. ( same context) The Jets have had the worse offense in football the last couple of years. All the Proof I need right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    There has not been one game played, yet you affirm that the Jets will be terrible, and that Doug Martin will rush for 120 vs the Jets.

You must be consistent when to allege thing via the Force and then when it does not apply.
    The difference is where he talking about is Raiders Qb- they have three starts among them self ( Two of them were quite impressive- small sample. They aren't some raw rookie(Geno Smith) who isn't ready to play . IF M sanchez ( worst Qb in the NFL) was healthy he would be starting. (What does that tell you) T Pryor going on his third year and Flynn his 6 year. Big difference right there Yes Or NO.

The Jets have had trouble stopping the run.( weren't that great last year in that regard) You look at Tampa Bay WR blocking for the run, against the Jet cb's. Jets are given up 20 pounds each . When those WR can control those Cb's is it going to be easier for the RB to get outside. Like I said lets wait till game ends and see if I was wrong.

All Pro
    Oh this is fun.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/

Raiders avg. offensive rank in the past 10 years: Pts: 23, Yds: 21.7
    Jets avg. offensive rank in the past 10 years: Pts: 19.2, Yds: 21.5

So other than the fact that the Raiders were worse in both categories, you were right.

Want to compare last 5 years?

Raiders: 21.6 / 19.4
    Jets: 16 / 20.4

Jets vastly better in pts, slightly behind in yds.

Now let's compare defense over 10 years:

Raiders: 24.9 / 22.3
    Jets: 12.5 / 11.1

Need I say more?

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike you. You're a loyal fan of a horrible franchise. So are we. But you make statements that are just plain incorrect and you're gonna get schooled when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The difference is where he talking about is Raiders Qb- they have three starts among them self ( Two of them were quite impressive- small sample. They aren't some raw rookie(Geno Smith) who isn't ready to play . IF M sanchez ( worst Qb in the NFL) was healthy he would be starting. (What does that tell you) T Pryor going on his third year and Flynn his 6 year. Big difference right there Yes Or NO.

The Jets have had trouble stopping the run.( weren't that great last year in that regard) You look at Tampa Bay WR blocking for the run, against the Jet cb's. Jets are given up 20 pounds each . When those WR can control those Cb's is it going to be easier for the RB to get outside. Like I said lets wait till game ends and see if I was wrong.
    Mark Sanchez would start on the Raiders. What experience do the two of them have that beats the worst QB in the league, according to you. Flynn got traded to Seattle, who lost the job to a rookie, who got traded to Oakland, who is losing the job to a 3rd year player who nobody else wanted. The Raiders also cut their 4th round draft choice without playing 1 snap. What does that tell you?

I can easily say that the Raiders have lost their starting tackle, easily the most talented player on the team. Darren McFadden, who is extremely injury prone won't last the season, as normal, in this - his last year as a Raider.

If an injury prone McFadden, who tallied 700+ yards is the starter for the Raiders, what does that tell you about the Raiders?

Why are you so hell bent on showing Jets fans how bad they are, when the Raiders could possibly field a team with zero wins for the entire season?

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Oh this is fun.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/rai/

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/

Raiders avg. offensive rank in the past 10 years: Pts: 23, Yds: 21.7
    Jets avg. offensive rank in the past 10 years: Pts: 19.2, Yds: 21.5

So other than the fact that the Raiders were worse in both categories, you were right.

Want to compare last 5 years?

Raiders: 21.6 / 19.4
    Jets: 16 / 20.4

Jets vastly better in pts, slightly behind in yds.

Now let's compare defense over 10 years:

Raiders: 24.9 / 22.3
    Jets: 12.5 / 11.1

Need I say more?

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike you. You're a loyal fan of a horrible franchise. So are we. But you make statements that are just plain incorrect and you're gonna get schooled when you do.
    Nice try but there isn't anyone on each team roster. You have to go to worst time in the Raiders franchise history to get numbers to support your position.( Jets best years in franchise history) . It convenient you didn't include trhe 2000 - 2002 raiders offenses. Thats like saying how many Lombardis does your team have in comparison to the raiders. (It's not important as whole mdifferent set of players)) Were talking a couple years where the brunt of these offensive players came from. The last three years your have had the worst offense on football and raiders have done way better on offense. Facts.

Lets go back to Franchise History and compare both teams franchise history. You want no part of that. Again when your offense puts up better numbers than the raiders, than I might take your post seriously. that isn't asking a lot. There is only 15 Raiders that are left from 2 years ago and most of them reside on the offense side of the ball.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-02-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Mark Sanchez would start on the Raiders. What experience do the two of them have that beats the worst QB in the league, according to you. Flynn got traded to Seattle, who lost the job to a rookie, who got traded to Oakland, who is losing the job to a 3rd year player who nobody else wanted. The Raiders also cut their 4th round draft choice without playing 1 snap. What does that tell you?

I can easily say that the Raiders have lost their starting tackle, easily the most talented player on the team. Darren McFadden, who is extremely injury prone won't last the season, as normal, in this - his last year as a Raider.

If an injury prone McFadden, who tallied 700+ yards is the starter for the Raiders, what does that tell you about the Raiders?

Why are you so hell bent on showing Jets fans how bad they are, when the Raiders could possibly field a team with zero wins for the entire season?
    Lol I don't know who is more delusional, raider fans who try to argue they aren't a terrible team or the sanchezites who argue Sanchez is a good qb ha.. I proved my point, googled " worst nfl team in past decade" and raiders had the most hits

Veteran
    Tyler is tough as hell. But he has had a concussion or two b/c he is so tough.

You could make an argument that more talent was cut over the last week in the league then the Raiders have on that squad IMO.

The worst QB in the NFl wouldn't start on any team. ( unlike Jet fans rival fans judged him without bias) That is a fact. For years I personally been telling you how bad he was. You were in denial than but are coming around what I knew a long time.

You can say whatever you want that is your opinion. Only time will prove if your opinion was correct regarding this year.( no one knows as it didn't occur yet) Don't try to tell me your Offense is better than the Raiders when the numbers say that isn't even remotely true.(That fact) When the Jets put up better numbers on offense I will shut up. ( last couple years it hasn't even been close) Jets are starting the same suspects on offense and I'm sorry I don't see it.

The Raiders are easily winning more games than the Jets this year as I have my bet with can"t wait . Wouldn't make it if I truly didn't believe in what I said.

Yes the Raiders lost their best Offense lineman. Still it going to work in their favor. The raw Rookie M Watson will start in his place at LT. (get valuable game experience) Going to have some bumps in the road, but there is no doubt he going to be big time player for them. That 2014 Raider Oline should be top notch. ( might even be sooner when Veldheer comes back sometime this year) LT J Veldheer C S wisniewski and RT M watson is as good a young trio as there is.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Tyler Wilson is terrible. The Raiders best QB is that McGloin kid and he's backup material.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    if the Raiders don't think you can be a good QB, then you are not a good QB.
    Given their moves over the past decade at the QB position, I would check out anyone that they thought could NOT play QB.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Nice try but there isn't anyone on each team roster. You have to go to worst time in the Raiders franchise history to get numbers to support your position.( Jets best years in franchise history) . It convenient you didn't include trhe 2000 - 2002 raiders offenses. Thats like saying how many Lombardis does your team have in comparison to the raiders. (It's not important as whole mdifferent set of players)) Were talking a couple years where the brunt of these offensive players came from. The last three years your have had the worst offense on football and raiders have done way better on offense. Facts.

Lets go back to Franchise History and compare both teams franchise history. You want no part of that. Again when your offense puts up better numbers than the raiders, than I might take your post seriously. that isn't asking a lot. There is only 15 Raiders that are left from 2 years ago and most of them reside on the offense side of the ball.
    You are the one who said "One year could be an accident. That Raiders offense has been better than the Jets for years. True or false. Again so it was pretty silly for the poster to comment about raiders offense , when Jets have had one of the worst offenses in football. Lmao"

You said years. You didn't say how many. I showed you that over 5 and 10 years, the Raiders offense has not been better. So now your answer is to go back over franchise history. Yes...you are clearly winning at the internet.
    Last edited by nycdan; 09-02-2013 at 07:05 PM.

You are the one who said "One year could be an accident. That Raiders offense has been better than the Jets for years. True or false. Again so it was pretty silly for the poster to comment about raiders offense , when Jets have had one of the worst offenses in football. Lmao"

You said years. You didn't say how many. I showed you that over 5 of 10 years, the Raiders offense has not been better. So now your answer is to go back over franchise history. Yes...you are clearly winning at the internet.
    Boom. Roasted.

#yoloswag

You said years. You didn't say how many. I showed you that over 5 of 10 years, the Raiders offense has not been better. So now your answer is to go back over franchise history. Yes...you are clearly winning at the internet.
    If you had to go back 15 years for stats to make your case. You would have. Raiders had the number 1 offense in all of football in 2002. (notice you started after that year) How is that relevant to what each team has now on offense. Last three years as most of our roster is made of young players you haven't been anywhere close to the Raiders. If you don't understand this point than there isn't anything I can do for you.
    You have four fifths the same crap at WR (this year ) and 3/5 of the same Oline this year. Your Qb situation is even worse than last year. YEt your trying to tell me your offense is going to be better than the raiders. Seriously lay off the drugs. Like Gary Stevens said best it applies to Jets offense /Marty Morthweig. You can't make chicken salad, out of chicken crap.

When rex Ryan is fired after this year you can bring in offense minded coach who will look to finally upgrade the offense. Instead of just worrying about his defense.

BTW Jerry McDonald ‏@Jerrymcd 46m

Tyler Wilson has cleared waivers and the Raiders have one space left on their practice squad. IF Reggie wants him he will sign him to practice squad.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Raiders signed QB Tyler Wilson to their practice squad.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt Raiders sign Tyler Wilson to practice squad. At $6,000/week, would make $102,000 for season. Made $451,000 bonus a month ago.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.