Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DETAILED Predictions Thread

Jets Insider VIP

DETAILED Predictions Thread

I know that MaineJet has already posted a thread with your season predictions. Some posters have answered this with an overall record reply and some have posted a game-by-game reply.

I've tried here to do something a little more Techy. If you click in this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mj9...vidn8/viewform You will be taken to a google form. This google form will require you to select win of lose for every game that the jets play this season.

The results should be automatically be tabulated. The two images below should be updated to reflect your input. These are predictions for each game (as percentages of entries) as well as a predictions for the overall record (again expressed as percentages). These should update shortly after each of you posts new data (takes a second...). Enjoy! -- GG

Last edited by GreenGeek; 09-01-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    bump

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

don't want to scare anyone off ... so edited my original comment ... i'm in
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 09-01-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    don't want to scare anyone off ... so edited my original comment ... i'm in
    Notice that the link is docs.google.com...
    pretty safe!

GG

BTW---When the google spreadsheets "add" one response, they do it by making a new line. This means that I do have to make a small edit to the spreadsheet to get the histograms to update. I will continue to look in periodically to make these updates and keep the totals up to date.

Jets Insider VIP
    Its funny that so many posters on the other thread selected 5 or fewer wins this season. Currently, when asked for game-by-game info, we don't have a single entry with fewer than 6 wins out of 16 people responding. Interesting...

Jets Insider VIP
    22 entries and never fewer than 6 wins projected.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I'm going to check it out....my prediction is 9 wins...if I thought we were going to be so bad and I have yet to see a regular season 2013 game, I might as well not watch any Jets football lol....Amazing how many have already given up on the 2013 season. Unlike them I am excited and looking forward to this season.

This is a cool thing you are doing.

Thanks

Very cool, thanks. Funny how shell shocked Jets fans are of game against the New England Crime Syndicate week 2. TBH I picked it as a loss also, but short week anything can happen...also it's not like we're any better at playing the Pastriots home versus away.

Practice Squad
    16-0 checking in.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    This is a cool thing you are doing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria
    Very cool, thanks. Funny how shell shocked Jets fans are of game against the New England Crime Syndicate week 2. TBH I picked it as a loss also, but short week anything can happen...also it's not like we're any better at playing the Pastriots home versus away.
    Thanks. As I said above, the google spreadsheets "inserts" a line for each entry and so I have to manually change the definitions for the histograms to update. Just updated the overnight results now. The pessimists have been found. There is now one entry at two wins and one entry at 5 wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    BTW--It is not required that you have a Jets Insider ID to participate. Lurkers can put in their predictions as well and they also count.

My prediction is 9-7,maybe 10-6.Why?Because were much stonger aty the guard position,and deeper at running back.Our running game will be much better than last yearI believe were stonger at the tight end position, and Hill will take a major step foward in his second year,as most wide receivers do coming out of college.And regardless of Smith being a rookie, he's an upgrade, maybe a big one,[we'll see],over Mark Sanchez.Our defense still is saftey light,but we have two speed rushjers that will contridute,Barnes and a healthy Sapp.We won't struggle like we did early last year against the run.We have not one, but two big timers at nose tackle.Last year we were forced to play Devito there because of pouhas bad back.So our defense will be better.The patriots aren't as good as they were last year,looking at the roster,and the Dolphins with that strong d, will have alot of trouble running and pass protecting because thier offensive line is in shambles.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    My prediction is 9-7,maybe 10-6.Why?Because were much stonger aty the guard position,and deeper at running back.Our running game will be much better than last yearI believe were stonger at the tight end position, and Hill will take a major step foward in his second year,as most wide receivers do coming out of college.And regardless of Smith being a rookie, he's an upgrade, maybe a big one,[we'll see],over Mark Sanchez.Our defense still is saftey light,but we have two speed rushjers that will contridute,Barnes and a healthy Sapp.We won't struggle like we did early last year against the run.We have not one, but two big timers at nose tackle.Last year we were forced to play Devito there because of pouhas bad back.So our defense will be better.The patriots aren't as good as they were last year,looking at the roster,and the Dolphins with that strong d, will have alot of trouble running and pass protecting because thier offensive line is in shambles.
    Did you add the prediction to the poll by clicking the link above?
    Here it is again: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mj9...vidn8/viewform

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    That was cool, thanks for doing it.
    Any of the SOJFs that truthfully go through that list & only come up with 2-3 wins are Pats fan posers.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    Just did that GreenGeek.10-6 answering game by game.I might add the absurdity of people actually believing were only going to win three or four games,LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    Awesome thread/idea.

10-6 is far more absurd than 4-12.

I myself went with 5-11. I wanted to say 6-10, but we always lose a game we shouldn't. The October-November schedule is brutal. Aside from maybe Buffalo there isn't a win there.

4 sure fire losses
    12 games up for grabs
    Would love to win 9 of those
    Game one will tell us a lot about this team

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    10-6 is far more absurd than 4-12.

I myself went with 5-11. I wanted to say 6-10, but we always lose a game we shouldn't. The October-November schedule is brutal. Aside from maybe Buffalo there isn't a win there.
    LOL.Remember our predictions at the end of the season.We have 4 wins in our division alone.