Thread: Thoughts on my team?

Thoughts on my team?

Had the annual live draft for my most important league last night. Feeling good about my team. Had the 8th pick and much to my surprise, Charles fell to me, which made me very happy. 10 team league with PPR scoring. Thoughts?

QB - Matt Ryan
    RB1 - Jamaal Charles
    RB2 - Stevan Ridley
    WR1 - AJ Green
    WR2 - Victor Cruz
    TE - Jermichael Finley
    Flex (RB/WR/TE) - Darren McFadden
    DEF - Chicago Bears
    K - Justin Tucker

Bench:
    QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - Shane Vereen
    RB - Knowshown Moreno
    WR - Cecil Shorts
    WR - Golden Tate
    WR - Josh Gordon
    WR - Michael Floyd
    TE - Jordan Cameron

All League
    Can you post the entire draft? Who did you get in round 2? Looks great. I ask because I have the same draft type later today

I'll see what I can do. I'll ask the commish how to do that, I'm not sure how. I will warn you, due to doing our same league for so long, over time we've had some drop out and the replacements are a bit incompetent fantasy wise. We have 2 or 3 incompetent teams which waters down the league a bit. Hence why I could take AJ Green in the 2nd and have Ridley fall to me all the way in the late 3rd lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Had the annual live draft for my most important league last night. Feeling good about my team. Had the 8th pick and much to my surprise, Charles fell to me, which made me very happy. 10 team league with PPR scoring. Thoughts?

QB - Matt Ryan
    RB1 - Jamaal Charles
    RB2 - Stevan Ridley
    WR1 - AJ Green
    WR2 - Victor Cruz
    TE - Jermichael Finley
    DEF - Chicago Bears
    K - Justin Tucker

Bench:
    QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - Shane Vereen
    RB - Knowshown Moreno
    WR - Cecil Shorts
    WR - Golden Tate
    WR - Josh Gordon
    WR - Michael Floyd
    TE - Jordan Cameron
    Your bench is strong. Consider one of your receivers (watch Tate this year) as your flex.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post

QB - Matt Ryan
    RB1 - Jamaal Charles
    RB2 - Stevan Ridley
    WR1 - AJ Green
    WR2 - Victor Cruz
    TE - Jermichael Finley
    DEF - Chicago Bears
    K - Justin Tucker

Bench:
    QB - Andy Dalton
    RB - Shane Vereen
    RB - Knowshown Moreno
    WR - Cecil Shorts
    WR - Golden Tate
    WR - Josh Gordon
    WR - Michael Floyd
    TE - Jordan Cameron
    I love the first 3 picks on your squad. Charles and Ridley are a fantastic pairing at RB and AJ Green should be a touchdown machine this season. Cruz is a solid WR 2. DMC is ok for a flex play but I'd advise caution there. His team looks like one of the worst in all of football and I don't see them scoring much. Finley is ok at TE but don't be scared to switch to Cameron if he gets hot. Two things for week one. If its me I might start Shorts or Vereen at Flex over DMC. Also consider grabbing Knile Davis (the handcuff for Charles) for your bench. All in all a nice job in a 10 team league.

Thanks for the feedback. As John also mentioned, I am a bit weary about DMC as my flex. I'm considering several options at that spot for week 1 (Shorts, Vereen, Tate). Not big on Finley at all either, I have him and Cameron ranked identically in my own TE rankings. The two of them will be interchangeable throughout the year for me. Good tip on Davis. I'm going to consider dropping Floyd or Moreno for him.

My advice for week one is to play your heavy hitters and not gamble. You'll figure out the players who will emerge as the season progresses.

All League
    I'm going to piggy back the thread:

10 teams/ start: 2QB, 3WR 2RB, TE, FLEX

6 PTS Passing TDs

QB1 - Kaepernick
    QB2 - Palmer
    WR1 - Cruz
    WR2 - Decker
    WR3 - Jennings
    RB1 - Spiller
    RB2 - McCoy
    TE - Gronkowski
    Flex - Ridley

Def - Cinn
    K - Janikowski

Bench:

Cutler, Thompkins, Roberts, Powell, B Brown, Olsen

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post

6 PTS Passing TDs

QB1 - Kaepernick
    QB2 - Palmer
    WR1 - Cruz
    WR2 - Decker
    WR3 - Jennings
    RB1 - Spiller
    RB2 - McCoy
    TE - Gronkowski
    Flex - Ridley

Def - Cinn
    K - Janikowski

Bench:

Looks good to me

All League
    Here is mine 10 team ppr. Chiefs, I followed the advice given in a column you posted in another thread for my draft

6 PTS Passing TDs

QB1 - Kaepernick
    QB2 - Palmer
    WR1 - Cruz
    WR2 - Decker
    WR3 - Jennings
    RB1 - Spiller
    RB2 - McCoy
    TE - Gronkowski
    Flex - Ridley

Def - Cinn
    K - Janikowski

Bench:

You made one big mistake in this draft. Seabass? Raiders suck and won't be doing much scoring. Other then that the draft looks good. The 3 Rbs are great. You have a nice backup qb. High upside with Kenbrel on the bench.
    Last edited by chiefst2000; 09-04-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Here is mine 10 team ppr. Chiefs, I followed the advice given in a column you posted in another thread for my draft

I love the way this team is put together. It's awesome that my advice helped you put together such a solid team. You have the two best wrs in the league. Solid at qb. You you have 3 Rbs with top 10 potential. Gonzalez at TE isn't bad either. I'm not crazy about Jets D though. They have potential if Geno makes the offense average but I'd be nervous starting them week 1.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I love the way this team is put together. It's awesome that my advice helped you put together such a solid team. You have the two best wrs in the league. Solid at qb. You you have 3 Rbs with top 10 potential. Gonzalez at TE isn't bad either. I'm not crazy about Jets D though. They have potential if Geno makes the offense average but I'd be nervous starting them week 1.
    Thanks for the help Chiefs. I stuck to the plan of No QB early, and once I grabbed the two WRs, everybody panicked and other receivers flew off the board, leaving me with plenty of RBs. I will pick up another D and alternate. And I have confidence in Rex

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post

That really is a great team. You are solid all over the board and absolutely stacked at WR. Great job.

6 PTS Passing TDs

QB1 - Kaepernick
    QB2 - Palmer
    WR1 - Cruz
    WR2 - Decker
    WR3 - Jennings
    RB1 - Spiller
    RB2 - McCoy
    TE - Gronkowski
    Flex - Ridley

Def - Cinn
    K - Janikowski

Bench:

RB's are awesome. I like Olsen a lot as your TE until Gronkowski gets back on the field. Cruz is solid at WR. I'm not huge on Decker this year with the addition of Welker in Denver. Don't love Jennings either, but I think Thompkins could potentially give you a nice safety net on the bench. As Chiefs said, Janikowski is a question mark because of how putrid Oakland could be. But, that can be easily fixed if needed.