Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Matchup Thoughts for Tampa

Hall Of Fame
    Martin is definitely a concern. Even if Nicks is out. We are weak on the edges.

I think if we can get some pressure on Freeman he will make some mistakes. We need a big game from Snacks and Sheldon.

All Pro
    bucs get 2 int's min hell revis himself may have 2

Veteran
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz 9m
    My guess is Holmes plays Sunday judging from what I'm watching #NYJ

good news! Hopefully he is right.

Jets Insider VIP
    I believe tampa was the #1 rushing defense last year. So we will have to rely on genos arm to win.

Combine that with the fact that they have 3 players on offense(martin, jackson, williams) who are better then anyone on our offense.

Its a recipe for disaster.

Bucs 27
    Jets 10

Williams against Milliner is going to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I believe tampa was the #1 rushing defense last year. So we will have to rely on genos arm to win.

Combine that with the fact that they have 3 players on offense(martin, jackson, williams) who are better then anyone on our offense.

Bucs 27
    Jets 10
    Since both of our coordinators are different than last year, it's not fair to say "because last year then this".

You are being overly pessimistic on the season, and have an alternate agenda (Bridgewater). It's difficult to take your posts seriously because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Look for Doug martin to put up 120 yards of rushing on the Jets defense. You're severely underrating Doug martin. You get the 5'9 220 pound martin running behind those big Guys on the oline. The time you find him its too late.
    nfl-losers.jpg

Jets Insider VIP

Bucs 27
    Jets 10
    They were 7-9 last year and are basically the same team with a slow Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    Williams against Milliner is going to be an issue.
    Not if we get to Freeman as I expect we will .

Jets will blame poor tacking on fear of MRSA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They were 7-9 last year and are basically the same team with a slow Revis.
    I don't know if Revis will be less then himself but the Buc's were dead last in pass defense in 2012..

Bucs 27
    Jets 10
    You can't possibly be a Jet fan.
    The reason they were 1st in run defense is because they were 32nd vs the pass
    No one had to run against them

Home opener, Geno trots out crowd is ecstatic. Hopefully team responds , sometimes this can carry a team. My guess. Jets 24 -13.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I don't know if Revis will be less then himself but the Buc's were dead last in pass defense in 2012..
    Revis lost a lot of time. You don't get your 40 time up without training for it. He has to have lost a step because of that. I would like to see us test him deep a few times and get that hammy stained a tad.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Although its relative I take stability and experience over youth and inexperience. Given the fact TB is not very good their margin of victory should not be to large.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Hey Little ray are you aware that Carl Nicks missed 9 games in 2012 . YEt despite that Doug martin on 319 carriers rushed for 1,454 yards , 4.6 per carry 11tds . 49 receptions for 472 yards , 29.5 average per reception. Yes Carl Nicks is the Tampa bay Buccs best olineman, but if you think that is all they have on the oline you're in for a rude awakening. I will lets his numbers speak for them self.
    Uhm wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Uhm wut?
    Math and numbers are not his strong points.

If we don't turn the ball over we have a shot at winning this game. Unfortunately if Geno or Sanchez start I can already see the pick 6's by Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    If we don't turn the ball over we have a shot at winning this game. Unfortunately if Geno or Sanchez start I can already see the pick 6's by Revis.
    But Simms and Leinart are OK?

I don't you will see Revis of old in his first game in 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    But Simms and Leinart are OK?

I don't you will see Revis of old in his first game in 10 months.
    Nice job when did I say I want Leinfart? Simms was by far our best qb of the preseason.