Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Early Matchup Thoughts for Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Morningwheg or however you spell it has only established in Philly that with LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Macklin, and Vick he can be successful. To say he was behind their offensive success is insane. That is superior skill position talent right there.
    Mornhinweg has been with the Eagles since 2003, long time before Vick,McCoy and the others , he proved himself as a very good OC with many players

before that he was with the Niners as OC and was so good he got the head coach job in Detroit(which he failed at)

he has been a successful offensive mind in the NFL for more then 15 years with a few teams and many players

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    Mornhinweg has been with the Eagles since 2003, long time before Vick,McCoy and the others , he proved himself as a very good OC with many players

before that he was with the Niners as OC and was so good he got the head coach job in Detroit(which he failed at)

he has been a successful offensive mind in the NFL for more then 15 years with a few teams and many players
    And now the Jets have him. Thank God.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Originally Posted by PMarsico9
    Morningwheg or however you spell it has only established in Philly that with LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Macklin, and Vick he can be successful. To say he was behind their offensive success is insane. That is superior skill position talent right there.

POWNED!

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Here's one predication from a Bucs fan site:
    What fan was that- Tampa9175

Amazing to see that some people think MM's success came from McCoy and Vick - I guess his career before he was given a HC job was meaningless. Anyway....

The best thing about the sanchez injury is that there hasnt been any doubt about who the starter is going to be for the last 2 weeks....TWO WEEKS. This "competition" could have easily dragged out longer and cost Geno valuable reps. He and MM have had 2 solid weeks to script plays and work on specific concepts for this game and then for New England. That is a very long time to focus on what he does well, and figure out how to stay away from what he doesnt do well.

We may lose and Geno may not play well, but I sincerely doubt it will be for lack of preparation or proper game planning.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    Here's one predication from a Bucs fan site:
    You could easily do that for the Jets but in the real world this is much more likely to be like the Jets Giants 27-24.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Don't turn it over Geno.
    The key to the game, right there. If Geno can manage to protect the ball and not turn it over, the Jets will win. If he turns it over more than once, the Bucs win. I am curious to see how our safeties perform.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    The key to the game, right there. If Geno can manage to protect the ball and not turn it over, the Jets will win. If he turns it over more than once, the Bucs win. I am curious to see how our safeties perform.
    I remember Brett Farve throwing these long bombs that would get intercepted. It didn't matter as the ball would be on the 8 yd line and they would get the ball back. He would eventually connect for a TD or pass interference penalty.

Not all INT are the same and a shot downfield is kinda like a punt. It's the pick 6s that swing the momentum.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Hey dingleberry, in the OP, it was mentioned how their best OL'n will probably not play. Pay attention and stop pretending you know what you're talking about, which you do not!
    why can't you just answer the remark without calling someone a name. there is no need for that unless you are some 13 yr old

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I remember Brett Farve throwing these long bombs that would get intercepted. It didn't matter as the ball would be on the 8 yd line and they would get the ball back. He would eventually connect for a TD or pass interference penalty.

Not all INT are the same and a shot downfield is kinda like a punt. It's the pick 6s that swing the momentum.
    Yup!

That's what was so bad about Sanchez! The pick 6! Total back-breakers. The picks Geno threw in the Giants game were not the same. Sanchez should have known better and learned by now, but he couldn't.

Thanks for trying, Mark, but now It's GENO time!

And I think Geno is much better as a Rookie than Mark was... Dude never really even played College ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That guy is a total jackass, he deserves a nice donkey punch for all the SOJF crap he puts on this forum!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Something tells me you're not 100% clear on what a donkey punch is....
    Maybe he wants to give him one. Don't be such a bigot.

I read somewhere that Bill Walsh used to script the first 30 plays of every game. Seems like if you did that with a rookie it would be much easier for them to get into a rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Hey Little ray are you aware that Carl Nicks missed 9 games in 2012 . YEt despite that Doug martin on 319 carriers rushed for 1,454 yards , 4.6 per carry 11tds . 49 receptions for 472 yards , 29.5 average per reception. Yes Carl Nicks is the Tampa bay Buccs best olineman, but if you think that is all they have on the oline you're in for a rude awakening. I will lets his numbers speak for them self.
    Don't give Ray Ray the facts. They are a bit hard for him to process.

@TBBuccaneers: Three Buccaneers did not travel with the team today and will thus not play Sunday: TE Tom Crabtree, FB Erik Lorig and G Carl Nicks.

+1

LOL, it's so funny watching fans like PMarsico9 spew their garbage without a damn clue of what they are talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Don't give Ray Ray the facts. They are a bit hard for him to process.
    You are agreeing with biggest clown on this board and the internet.

The fact is, you are a dumbass.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice

Marty Mornhinweg is the most proven & experienced offensive coordinator the Jets have had that I can think of in the last 14 seasons at least - Charlie Weiss maybe being the only exception from 1997-99.

Just look at the some of the Jets past OC's:

Rich Kotite
    Walt Harris
    Ray Sherman
    Ron Erhardt
    Charlie Weiss
    Dan Henning
    Paul Hackett
    Brian Schottenheimer
    Tony Sparano

Not exactly an awe inspiring list......again, Charlie Weiss is probably the only guy on that list that actually accomplished something as an OC and that was with the Patriots and Tom Brady as his QB, other then that, the Jets have had a bunch of scrubs for OC's in the past 30 years.....
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-07-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @TBBuccaneers: Three Buccaneers did not travel with the team today and will thus not play Sunday: TE Tom Crabtree, FB Erik Lorig and G Carl Nicks.
    I've had a couple beers already ... So may be a little off ... None of these were a surprise were they?

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Let me sum this up, because it's somewhat refreshing to talk about this game since it largely represents what's going to happen the whole season and has largely been the case for 3 years. I don't care if Bill Walsh is Offensive Coordinator.

The Jets offense has absolutely nobody aside from two decent linemen. There's 0 at the skill positions. Geno is in a lose-lose situation. Tampa, for all their faults, has one of the best secondaries in the league.

Additionally, Doug Martin's left leg has more talent than the entire Jets Offense.

Defenses cannot hold up entire games when the offense is turnover prone and cannot eat clock at all. A rookie QB will likely make mistakes.

As such, the issue with this game and every game is if the running game can eat some clock to not completely exhaust the defense. No huddle opponents will kill the Jets and big-hitters like Martin will be kept fresh to drive the nails in the coffin when the Jets defense has been on the field for well over half the game.

It's going to be ugly. You will turn off your TV after the game or leave the stadium on Sunday and undoubtedly at least think the following:

Our defense is good, too bad offense reigns supreme in today's NFL and the Jets offense cannot sustain anything.

Jesus H, these doom and gloom ignorant clowns are beyond unreadable.

Really, more than the entire Jets offense?

Either your head is up your ass, or you simply have no clue and have not been following the changes the Jets have made to the offense this off-season, especially with the coaching and system changes. My guess both.

You are simply no better than any other clown that derives his opinion solely off of previous years or what the media tells him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    I read somewhere that Bill Walsh used to script the first 30 plays of every game. Seems like if you did that with a rookie it would be much easier for them to get into a rhythm.
    That's actually not a bad idea