Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: So who is our starter at safety?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

So who is our starter at safety?

We all know Landry but who is the other? Is it Jarrett or Allen? Based on how much time they played in the last game I'm guessing it will come down too the wire. Personally I thought JJ played better throughout the preseason.

Anyone care to guess?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should be Jarrett IMO

Allen looked completely lost in coverage at times.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should of tried Kyle Wilson at FS.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really care who it is. I just hope Rex keeps it and the QB a secret until just before game time to f with the media.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No need to tell anyone today

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Should of tried Kyle Wilson at FS.
    I shake my head as much as Wilson shakes his finger why they did not try him at safety. We have great CB depth even with the loss of Revis.....but our safeties are so Jag like.
    This team had numerous holes entering the season, and IMO the safety position was the one that was least addressed this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    I shake my head as much as Wilson shakes his finger why they did not try him at safety. We have great CB depth even with the loss of Revis.....but our safeties are so Jag like.
    This team had numerous holes entering the season, and IMO the safety position was the one that was least addressed this year.
    Number 1 FA target next year cause we have the money, Jairus Byrd! Guy has a nose for the ball.
    Jets will have $ for three big time FA.
    1- Byrd
    2- Arakpo if Skins don't have $ to resign
    3- Offensive Skill position (target should be Graham) doubt the Saints would let him go but you never know if negotiations get heated.
    Saints will not win anything unless they get that horrible defense to average.
    Those 3 players would be the 20 mill Revis wanted,lol.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sold on Allen at all- I like Josh Bush more. But, the Jets never seem to know which safety position needs an upgrade. I've been saying we need to bring another veteran safety in all summer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jarrett and Landry

No panic needed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is going to play some safety, I think that is part of the plan, he rotated at the position throughout training camp, and probably didn't show it in the pre-season to keep it off of tape.

As for the starting positions, I think it will be Landry and Jarrett, Jarrett showed a lot in the Eagles game, to me, he continues to get better and stand out, he's physical and has some range. Allen has showed his ability in flashes but hasn't put it together in the pre-season for me like Jarrett has. Jarrett is an interesting story, former 2nd round pick, Ryan loved him, and I think the Jets had him targeted in the draft the year he came out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I'm not sold on Allen at all- I like Josh Bush more. But, the Jets never seem to know which safety position needs an upgrade. I've been saying we need to bring another veteran safety in all summer.
    Kerry Rhodes please.