Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Bigger arm? Based on what? Geno has a very good arm, I've watched Bridgewater play, he has a good arm, is it better than Geno? I don't know...

I'd love to see a Geno vs. Bridgewater thread so our arm-chair pro scouts can give us there expert opinion.
    Why we would even have that discussion prior to game 1 of the 2013 NFL season is beyond me.

I feel as if the people who want Bridgewater next year should just support the Pats, Bills and/or Dolphins and just be done with their Jets fandom.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    He goes on IR, it's bye-bye Rex.
    Yes !!

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    I almost threw up listening to MT on fan sat defending the contract he games Sanchez.. He can't even admit how much of a mistake that was.. No one will ever sign MT to be GM again if he can't even realize that.. There was no reason to guarantee his deal.. Who ever is marks agent deserves a lot of credit for robbing the jets blind..
    Bill Parcells is the guy that sold MT to the Jets, and we all knew back then Mike was a cap guy , not a footballScout.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Bill Parcells is the guy that sold MT to the Jets, and we all knew back then Mike was a cap guy , not a footballScout.
    The funny thing is that we were in cap hell at one point.

If I had to guess, I'd say Brady Quinn is a short term solution to provide depth. Sanchez is likely out for a while and they need a QB to fill his roster spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd say Brady Quinn is a short term solution to provide depth. Sanchez is likely out for a while and they need a QB to fill his roster spot.
    That's all it seems like.

Let's face it, if this has any impact this season, this team is even worse off than anyone thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Based on Izdik's approach thus far, I'd be shocked if he traded MS, since the NYJ would pay most or all of his salary. What would we get in return? A 6th rd. pick?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Bigger arm? Based on what? Geno has a very good arm, I've watched Bridgewater play, he has a good arm, is it better than Geno? I don't know...

I'd love to see a Geno vs. Bridgewater thread so our arm-chair pro scouts can give us there expert opinion.
    Based on you take everything you'd like a QB to, that would make your argument.

You base it in this, not actual fact. Teddy doesn't have an advantage in arm strength anymore than playing where he is, that O, that level of comp, will better prepare him to the NFL. But you have to love the brain dead argument that anyone would have an advantage over Geno due to arm strength. As if Geno doesn't have enough arm strength.

But hes not on our roster so immediately hes better than anyone we have
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-02-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Based on Izdik's approach thus far, I'd be shocked if he traded MS, since the NYJ would pay most or all of his salary. What would we get in return? A 6th rd. pick?
    If we got a 7th, we should be jumping for joy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why we would even have that discussion prior to game 1 of the 2013 NFL season is beyond me.

I feel as if the people who want Bridgewater next year should just support the Pats, Bills and/or Dolphins and just be done with their Jets fandom.
    That was what my original point was intended to be, then I got derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao why?
    My thoughts too. If Geno fails, hand the reins over to Simms and see what he can do. Jets are contributing to the QB circus. Enough already.

P.S. Quinn stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    No one is giving up a 6th for Sanchez. Sanchez is going to be out probably first 2-3 weeks of the season Quinn is going to be our 3rd stringer. As bad as he is he's better than McElboy.

I hope everyone realizes that Brady Quinn couldn't beat up Tebow in Denver.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan32 View Post
    Shhh, you may upset some Jets fans...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Can you imagine if the Jets offense looks good with Geno or Simms throwing tds to Tone and beating the Bucs next Sunday? The next day you will hear the following line on sports radio over and over again like clockwork "Nobody knew Santonio Holmes would be back and 100%"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan32 View Post
    Didn't Tebow turn things around and got into game of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Shhh, you may upset some Jets fans...

Get your facts straight. Tebow was behind quin on the depth chart when the season started. It was the idiot fan base and local media who kept clamouring for tebow,and the Broncos caved under the public pressure. Any team that has to go to thier 3rd string QB, is in trouble.Im i wrong.why is this even an issue?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Tanny was the perfect GM for Mangini. Parcell's was right. He never would have recommend T for Rex. You need to have the right mix of GM HC, and coordinators.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Get your facts straight. Tebow was behind quin on the depth chart when the season started. It was the idiot fan base and local media who kept clamouring for tebow,and the Broncos caved under the public pressure. Any team that has to go to thier 3rd string QB, is in trouble.Im i wrong.why is this even an issue?
    Quinn sucks and has sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    Either you're a Complete Homer of a jet fan or a SOJF. There is no in between.
    Fixed.