Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 427

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

  1. #201
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,344
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    No he's not. Teddy plays in pro style offense, has a bigger arm, and is a better pocket passer than Geno. Tannehill? Tannehill was a converted WR. To compare Bridgewater to him is ridiculous.

    Teddy isn't on the level of a Luck/RG3, but he's certainly better than a Geno/Tannehill. He's somewhere in the middle. More like Matt Ryan/Matthew Stafford
    I doubt Bridgewater goes in the top 5 next year. He's good, but not special. Geno didn't play in a pro style offense. It's not the same as not being able to. That has yet to be determined. As far as arm talent they're about equal. Next to Sanchez they look outstanding, but next to Simms, not so much. Simms has not played in any type of offense so don't call for him to start yet. I'd like to see him run the scout team, get a few snaps this year, and Maybe next year if Geno doesn't work out who knows?

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I doubt Bridgewater goes in the top 5 next year. He's good, but not special. Geno didn't play in a pro style offense. It's not the same as not being able to. That has yet to be determined. As far as arm talent they're about equal. Next to Sanchez they look outstanding, but next to Simms, not so much. Simms has not played in any type of offense so don't call for him to start yet. I'd like to see him run the scout team, get a few snaps this year, and Maybe next year if Geno doesn't work out who knows?
    Talent wise I agree but next year I think you will see too many QB needy team picking early. Jax(Gabbert last year to prove himself), Oakland(?), Chicago(Cutler FA), SD(Rivers Decline), Philly(Vick 31), and SL(Bradford) may all be looking to add a QB if they pick that early. I like Bradford but he has Shotty and isnt likely to keep his job in that O. This year there seemed to be a lot of teams still in a holding pattern QB wise.

  3. #203
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Quinn's not so much. Better than Harrell, of course

    And miles better than Suck who, thankfully has taken his last ever snap as a NYJ
    Please stop. That just makes you sound like a total hater. Have you ever seen Quinn play?

  4. #204
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Bigger arm? Based on what? Geno has a very good arm, I've watched Bridgewater play, he has a good arm, is it better than Geno? I don't know...

    I'd love to see a Geno vs. Bridgewater thread so our arm-chair pro scouts can give us there expert opinion.
    Do you notice the subtle signs?

    Many out here are already beginning to tear at Geno and the guy hasn't even played one game yet!!

    The folks out here are willing to attack Smith based on players who are not even on the team...

    Sad really but highly predictable.....

  5. #205
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I agree. I like Quinn. He's probably better than Sanchez.
    Wow.

  6. #206
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    **** you, SOJF! Nice job giving up on the team before they even play a down, you clown.
    Calm down GMC.

  7. #207
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Tyler Wilson just got cut from the Raiders. The RAIDERS. A team with the worst QB situation in the league...

    Add Wilson so that we have Simms and Wilson backing up a rookie in Smith to start the season?

    Do any of you think any more before you post?
    And Quinn couldn't beat out Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow in Denver! I repeat. Tim Tebow!

  8. #208
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,236
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why we would even have that discussion prior to game 1 of the 2013 NFL season is beyond me.

    I feel as if the people who want Bridgewater next year should just support the Pats, Bills and/or Dolphins and just be done with their Jets fandom.
    we need to find a quarterback as quickly as possible.

  9. #209
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why we would even have that discussion prior to game 1 of the 2013 NFL season is beyond me.

    I feel as if the people who want Bridgewater next year should just support the Pats, Bills and/or Dolphins and just be done with their Jets fandom.
    Now do you see why I wanted Sanchez to start!

    Can you see how some nutty posters out here will be comparing Smith to QBs not playing in the NFL. For these posters their mythic hero will never make a mistake and will never have to develop...

    Crazy but true and Smith has yet to play in one full game and some are already throwing him overboard...

  10. #210
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Please stop. That just makes you sound like a total hater. Have you ever seen Quinn play?
    seen both actually


    Rather have Quinn as my number 3 and Sanchez on the IR and nowhere near the playing field for the NYJ. He's ruined two seasons in a row and that Is enough for me

  11. #211
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @BobGlauber: Person familiar w Jets' QBs on if Quinn a threat to Sanchez on roster: "God no. Brady Quinn? Are you serious? He has failed on four teams."
    LOL.

    Yeah. He's miles better than Sanchez.

  12. #212
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seen both actually


    Rather have Quinn as my number 3 and Sanchez on the IR and nowhere near the playing field for the NYJ. He's ruined two seasons in a row and that Is enough for me
    Of course you would. You hate Sanchez. But to say Quinn is miles better is laughable. He couldn't beat out Tebow!

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Based on Izdik's approach thus far, I'd be shocked if he traded MS, since the NYJ would pay most or all of his salary. What would we get in return? A 6th rd. pick?
    Better than nothing if we release him.

  14. #214
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And Quinn couldn't beat out Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow in Denver! I repeat. Tim Tebow!
    That was the perfect team for Tebow's skill set. I remember Tim Tebow running around our LB for the winning TD that year. And running by the HOF Revis like he was standing still. That team played inspired ball that year. A miracle some might say.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Please stop. That just makes you sound like a total hater. Have you ever seen Quinn play?
    Quinn is horrible. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seen both actually


    Rather have Quinn as my number 3 and Sanchez on the IR and nowhere near the playing field for the NYJ. He's ruined two seasons in a row and that Is enough for me
    LOL.

    Right. 1 player has ruined 2 seasons. Where did all the hate for Schotty go? Or Mike T.?
    How does Sparano go unscathed? And most importantly, the buffoon HC? Does Sanchez deserve some blame? Absolutely! But all of it? That's just plain stupid!

  17. #217
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    That was the perfect team for Tebow's skill set. I remember Tim Tebow running around our LB for the winning TD that year. And running by the HOF Revis like he was standing still. That team played inspired ball that year. A miracle some might say.
    If Quinn was a good QB, Tebow shouldn't have beaten him out regardless. End of story.

  18. #218
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,344
    Once and for all, here are the definitions. I'm just pasting this sticky from now on, instead of fighting.

    Homer: Loves every move by the team. Loves all Jet players until they're cut and then thinks they suck. The biggest proof of a Homer is anger over objective criticism of the team.

    SOJF: Hates every move by the team. Thinks good news is a bad omen. Hates every player, and coach that has not made a pro bowl. Thinks it's the end of the world when said horrible player leaves, or gets injured. The biggest proof of SOJFandom is the vitriol with which they shoot down any optimism, and the hatred of players that do not live up to expectations. Objective fans should have no reason to get angry at optimistic ones, nor any personal feelings towards players, or coaches that try hard, but fail.

    Troll: Anyone that incites Homers, and SOJFs to fight, or if done right may even push objective fans over the line of Homers, and SOJFs.

  19. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Now do you see why I wanted Sanchez to start!

    Can you see how some nutty posters out here will be comparing Smith to QBs not playing in the NFL. For these posters their mythic hero will never make a mistake and will never have to develop...

    Crazy but true and Smith has yet to play in one full game and some are already throwing him overboard...
    Nothing about starting Sanchez makes sense.

  20. #220
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,695
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL.

    Right. 1 player has ruined 2 seasons. Where did all the hate for Schotty go? Or Mike T.?
    How does Sparano go unscathed? And most importantly, the buffoon HC? Does Sanchez deserve some blame? Absolutely! But all of it? That's just plain stupid!
    Because for the Sanchez haters, anyone is an upgrade.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us