Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    No he's not. Teddy plays in pro style offense, has a bigger arm, and is a better pocket passer than Geno. Tannehill? Tannehill was a converted WR. To compare Bridgewater to him is ridiculous.

Teddy isn't on the level of a Luck/RG3, but he's certainly better than a Geno/Tannehill. He's somewhere in the middle. More like Matt Ryan/Matthew Stafford
    I doubt Bridgewater goes in the top 5 next year. He's good, but not special. Geno didn't play in a pro style offense. It's not the same as not being able to. That has yet to be determined. As far as arm talent they're about equal. Next to Sanchez they look outstanding, but next to Simms, not so much. Simms has not played in any type of offense so don't call for him to start yet. I'd like to see him run the scout team, get a few snaps this year, and Maybe next year if Geno doesn't work out who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I doubt Bridgewater goes in the top 5 next year. He's good, but not special. Geno didn't play in a pro style offense. It's not the same as not being able to. That has yet to be determined. As far as arm talent they're about equal. Next to Sanchez they look outstanding, but next to Simms, not so much. Simms has not played in any type of offense so don't call for him to start yet. I'd like to see him run the scout team, get a few snaps this year, and Maybe next year if Geno doesn't work out who knows?
    Talent wise I agree but next year I think you will see too many QB needy team picking early. Jax(Gabbert last year to prove himself), Oakland(?), Chicago(Cutler FA), SD(Rivers Decline), Philly(Vick 31), and SL(Bradford) may all be looking to add a QB if they pick that early. I like Bradford but he has Shotty and isnt likely to keep his job in that O. This year there seemed to be a lot of teams still in a holding pattern QB wise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Quinn's not so much. Better than Harrell, of course

And miles better than Suck who, thankfully has taken his last ever snap as a NYJ
    Please stop. That just makes you sound like a total hater. Have you ever seen Quinn play?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Bigger arm? Based on what? Geno has a very good arm, I've watched Bridgewater play, he has a good arm, is it better than Geno? I don't know...

I'd love to see a Geno vs. Bridgewater thread so our arm-chair pro scouts can give us there expert opinion.
    Do you notice the subtle signs?

Many out here are already beginning to tear at Geno and the guy hasn't even played one game yet!!

The folks out here are willing to attack Smith based on players who are not even on the team...

Sad really but highly predictable.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I agree. I like Quinn. He's probably better than Sanchez.
    Wow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    **** you, SOJF! Nice job giving up on the team before they even play a down, you clown.
    Calm down GMC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Tyler Wilson just got cut from the Raiders. The RAIDERS. A team with the worst QB situation in the league...

Add Wilson so that we have Simms and Wilson backing up a rookie in Smith to start the season?

Do any of you think any more before you post?
    And Quinn couldn't beat out Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow in Denver! I repeat. Tim Tebow!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why we would even have that discussion prior to game 1 of the 2013 NFL season is beyond me.

I feel as if the people who want Bridgewater next year should just support the Pats, Bills and/or Dolphins and just be done with their Jets fandom.
    we need to find a quarterback as quickly as possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Why we would even have that discussion prior to game 1 of the 2013 NFL season is beyond me.

I feel as if the people who want Bridgewater next year should just support the Pats, Bills and/or Dolphins and just be done with their Jets fandom.
    Now do you see why I wanted Sanchez to start!

Can you see how some nutty posters out here will be comparing Smith to QBs not playing in the NFL. For these posters their mythic hero will never make a mistake and will never have to develop...

Crazy but true and Smith has yet to play in one full game and some are already throwing him overboard...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Please stop. That just makes you sound like a total hater. Have you ever seen Quinn play?
    seen both actually

Rather have Quinn as my number 3 and Sanchez on the IR and nowhere near the playing field for the NYJ. He's ruined two seasons in a row and that Is enough for me

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @BobGlauber: Person familiar w Jets' QBs on if Quinn a threat to Sanchez on roster: "God no. Brady Quinn? Are you serious? He has failed on four teams."
    LOL.

Yeah. He's miles better than Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    seen both actually

Rather have Quinn as my number 3 and Sanchez on the IR and nowhere near the playing field for the NYJ. He's ruined two seasons in a row and that Is enough for me
    Of course you would. You hate Sanchez. But to say Quinn is miles better is laughable. He couldn't beat out Tebow!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Based on Izdik's approach thus far, I'd be shocked if he traded MS, since the NYJ would pay most or all of his salary. What would we get in return? A 6th rd. pick?
    Better than nothing if we release him.

Jets Insider VIP
    And Quinn couldn't beat out Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow in Denver! I repeat. Tim Tebow!
    That was the perfect team for Tebow's skill set. I remember Tim Tebow running around our LB for the winning TD that year. And running by the HOF Revis like he was standing still. That team played inspired ball that year. A miracle some might say.

Quinn is horrible. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

seen both actually

LOL.

Right. 1 player has ruined 2 seasons. Where did all the hate for Schotty go? Or Mike T.?
    How does Sparano go unscathed? And most importantly, the buffoon HC? Does Sanchez deserve some blame? Absolutely! But all of it? That's just plain stupid!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    That was the perfect team for Tebow's skill set. I remember Tim Tebow running around our LB for the winning TD that year. And running by the HOF Revis like he was standing still. That team played inspired ball that year. A miracle some might say.
    If Quinn was a good QB, Tebow shouldn't have beaten him out regardless. End of story.

All Pro
    Once and for all, here are the definitions. I'm just pasting this sticky from now on, instead of fighting.

Homer: Loves every move by the team. Loves all Jet players until they're cut and then thinks they suck. The biggest proof of a Homer is anger over objective criticism of the team.

SOJF: Hates every move by the team. Thinks good news is a bad omen. Hates every player, and coach that has not made a pro bowl. Thinks it's the end of the world when said horrible player leaves, or gets injured. The biggest proof of SOJFandom is the vitriol with which they shoot down any optimism, and the hatred of players that do not live up to expectations. Objective fans should have no reason to get angry at optimistic ones, nor any personal feelings towards players, or coaches that try hard, but fail.

Troll: Anyone that incites Homers, and SOJFs to fight, or if done right may even push objective fans over the line of Homers, and SOJFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Now do you see why I wanted Sanchez to start!

Can you see how some nutty posters out here will be comparing Smith to QBs not playing in the NFL. For these posters their mythic hero will never make a mistake and will never have to develop...

Crazy but true and Smith has yet to play in one full game and some are already throwing him overboard...
    Nothing about starting Sanchez makes sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    LOL.

Right. 1 player has ruined 2 seasons. Where did all the hate for Schotty go? Or Mike T.?
    How does Sparano go unscathed? And most importantly, the buffoon HC? Does Sanchez deserve some blame? Absolutely! But all of it? That's just plain stupid!
    Because for the Sanchez haters, anyone is an upgrade.