Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

Perhaps we're all just a figment of Steven/Alex's imagination?

#yoloswag

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    Geno had a ton more college experience then Sanchez ever did. Much more. And Geno's college stats are in the top of all time. Mark never had that type of college career and his coach at the time, Carrol publicly stated that Sanchez is not NFL ready.
    Go and read the pre draft reports-basically the same. Yes Geno played more. It's WVU not USC. Again. Top 15 vs #39.
    I'm not slamming Geno at all. But this isn't college anymore it's the NFL. And this is NY. It's no longer WV. Lets see if he can handle NY. Sorry but that part alone is huge and is why IMO It would be best if Geno sat for a couple of months to really see first hand what it's like being the starting QB for a NY team. It's way different than in Jacksonville, Arizona or many other NFL cities.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why I there no doubt Sanchez is better? They both have the same exact completion %.
    Sanchez just had 4 years of starting every game and compiled stats and also had a few very good games mixed in.

Fact is they both have similar stats and both can't throw.
    I said, there's no doubt in my mind.

I've watched both play their entire careers. Sanchez is very average. Quinn is below-average.

I don't need stats to come to that conclusion but the stats also don't favor Quinn. Take a look at that QBR. He's a career back-up. Mostly a #3.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    That was the perfect team for Tebow's skill set. I remember Tim Tebow running around our LB for the winning TD that year. And running by the HOF Revis like he was standing still. That team played inspired ball that year. A miracle some might say.
    Tebow is the perfect QB for the prevent defense. I will give Bellicheck credit for that. He was the first coach to figure out that everything Tebow did was against the prevent.

Practice Squad
    Not one person has made a case that Harrell>Quinn. Which is really all that matters right now, Sanchez should not even be discussed here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Go and read the pre draft reports-basically the same. Yes Geno played more. It's WVU not USC. Again. Top 15 vs #39.
    I'm not slamming Geno at all. But this isn't college anymore it's the NFL. And this is NY. It's no longer WV. Lets see if he can handle NY. Sorry but that part alone is huge and is why IMO It would be best if Geno sat for a couple of months to really see first hand what it's like being the starting QB for a NY team. It's way different than in Jacksonville, Arizona or many other NFL cities.
    If Sanchez is healthy.... he should start IMO. For all the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I said, there's no doubt in my mind.

I've watched both play their entire careers. Sanchez is very average. Quinn is below-average.

I don't need stats to come to that conclusion but the stats also don't favor Quinn. Take a look at that QBR. He's a career back-up. Mostly a #3.
    Sanchez is average? Strongly disagree. Sanchez is below average and has some of the worst stats for a QB that started at least 50 games, in NFL History.

Some of you guys are hilarious with your "stop writing Geno off, he hasn't played a single game for us yet"

Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, some of us were never sold on him and didn't want him in the 1st place?

Im one of those people (I had said before the draft that it would be best to not draft a QB early and just wait until next year's draft and get somebody like Bridgewater). I am not going to change my mind just because Geno got drafted by the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Not one person has made a case that Harrell>Quinn. Which is really all that matters right now, Sanchez should not even be discussed here.
    Great 12th post.............

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Great 12th post.............

Keep crying about Sanchez, pad that post count pal.

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Quinn sucks and has sucked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    HES A THIRD STRING QB.HOW MANY 3RD STRINGERS IN THE LEAGUE ARE BETTER?MOST PEOPLE COULDN'T MNAME ANY WITHOUT LOOKING AT A DEPTH CHART FIRST.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Some of you guys are hilarious with your "stop writing Geno off, he hasn't played a single game for us yet?

Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, some of us were never sold on him and didn't want him in the 1st place?

Im one of those people (I had said before the draft that it would be best to not draft a QB early and just wait until next year's draft and get somebody like Bridgewater). I am not going to change my mind just because Geno got drafted by the Jets.
    The problem with that is you are putting a lot to chance with that,

So the Jets will have 4 active QBs on the team? Highly doubt it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Some of you guys are hilarious with your "stop writing Geno off, he hasn't played a single game for us yet?

You assume you'd get Bridgewater??? Really? Please PM me the new lottery numbers. Geno is a "good bet" for a 2nd round. If he busts, so be it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez is average? Strongly disagree. Sanchez is below average and has some of the worst stats for a QB that started at least 50 games, in NFL History.
    I'm done with this ridiculous argument of Quinn vs. Sanchez.

Practice Squad
    So the Jets will have 4 active QBs on the team? Highly doubt it.
    Sanchez to the IR, is old news buddy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Keep crying about Sanchez, pad that post count pal.
    You'd rather start who? Quinn? Geno? Im fine with Geno starting BUT think he's not quite ready-would benefit from sitting and mark should have ONE more very short leash start.

All Pro
    Mods can run IP check. I live in Astoria and post in multiple Knicks, Yankees, weather, fishing and now Jets forums under ag3.
    You really post in multiple weather forums? Cool. Sorry man, but I could not let that go. I'm trying to picture it, but what do you guys argue about whether it's going to rain or not?

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    HES A THIRD STRING QB.HOW MANY 3RD STRINGERS IN THE LEAGUE ARE BETTER?MOST PEOPLE COULDN'T MNAME ANY WITHOUT LOOKING AT A DEPTH CHART FIRST.
    I swear many here expect Peyton Manning to be available. They truly don't understand the move. Shocking, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'm done with this ridiculous argument of Quinn vs. Sanchez.
    The argument you made is that Sanchez in an average QB. Based on what? In what world?
    Sanchez is a well below average QB who has horrible accuracy, horrible play making decisions and zero progression in 4 full years of starting.

His time is up and it's time to move on. Not game 3 or game 6. Now.