Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If Quinn was a good QB, Tebow shouldn't have beaten him out regardless. End of story.
    Denver had just drafted Tebow so that is a harsh comparison. Very few if any teams are willing to cut a guy they just drafted in the 1st. The 3 spot is for developing a QB not a guy like Quinn. Orton is a quality BU QB that is 10x better then Sanchez. Quinn is technically sound but has jumped from I think 5 different systems in 6 years. I dont know if he is better then Mark but they arent far off talent wise.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why I can't leave this site. Where else can an NFL fan get this kind of entertainment? Almost 300 posts arguing like cats and dogs over who is a worse QB, Sanchez or Quinn? And all with less than a week to go before the start of the season? Great stuff guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    The argument you made is that Sanchez in an average QB. Based on what? In what world?
    Sanchez is a well below average QB who has horrible accuracy, horrible play making decisions and zero progression in 4 full years of starting.

His time is up and it's time to move on. Not game 3 or game 6. Now.
    Not for Quinn was his point. Quinn is terrible.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You really post in multiple weather forums? Cool. Sorry man, but I could not let that go. I'm trying to picture it, but what do you guys argue about whether it's going to rain or not?
    Weather enthusiasts are out there by the thousands. You'd be surprised. We discuss mostly snowstorms and occasionally tstorms and hurricanes. But most weather enthusiasts in the northeast are winter weather fanatics.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    This is why I can't leave this site. Where else can an NFL fan get this kind of entertainment? Almost 300 posts arguing like cats and dogs over who is a worse QB, Sanchez or Quinn? And all with less than a week to go before the start of the season? Great stuff guys.
    I know. It is like playing amongst children at times.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What really sucks here is if we still had Brett Ratliff we'd have no freaking issues.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I swear many here expect Peyton Manning to be available. They truly don't understand the move. Shocking, I know.
    And Peyton Manning had an atrocious rookie preseason and 1st year.
    Jets fans would have given up on him already, like they are with Geno.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The argument you made is that Sanchez in an average QB. Based on what? In what world?
    Sanchez is a well below average QB who has horrible accuracy, horrible play making decisions and zero progression in 4 full years of starting.

His time is up and it's time to move on. Not game 3 or game 6. Now.
    You picked one word out of my multiple posts and made that my argument??

You have reading comprehension problems muchacho.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agree. But so is Sanchez. Both are equally horrible and both are 3rd string NFL QBs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy gets it.

Wow. I actually prefer sg3.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. But so is Sanchez. Both are equally horrible and both are 3rd string NFL QBs.
    YOUR opinion. Now let's move on.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You picked one word out of my multiple posts and made that my argument??

You have reading comprehension problems muchacho.

I apologize for that. But I got stuck that you said Sanchez is an average QB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    YOUR opinion. Now let's move on.
    Definitely not my opinion. Stats don't lie.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'd rather start who? Quinn? Geno? Im fine with Geno starting BUT think he's not quite ready-would benefit from sitting and mark should have ONE more very short leash start.
    This is not the place to discuss this but LOL at starting Quinn. As I stated earlier in this thread I expect Quinn to be the #3 behind Geno and Simms. Mark had his short leash in the pre season and continues to make the boneheaded plays and now he is gone for good. We already know enough about Sanchez, Idzik has studied him no doubt about that, Rex and his staff hold overs know all there is to know about Mark. Sanchez will never be a superbowl QB unless he has an all world defense similar to his AFC title runs that many like to tout him for. We need to trade Sanchez for anything at all that we can get. On Quinn vs Sanchez.Quinn has a brain in his head, something Mark does not have. I believe Quinn understands how to manage a game far better than Mark who trys too hard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Already explained. I have no connection to sg3.
    My name is Alex.
    Already explained. I have no connection to ag3
    My name is not Alex

In addition, I agree with my bud Jordy. I am done with the Quinn Sanchez discussion. The both suck and I sincerely hope neither ever takes another snap as the QB of the NYJ.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    You make me SICK.... Just Kidding!!!

Unfortunately you are correct!!!

Good Grief!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely not my opinion. Stats don't lie.
    Quinn: 53.8 completion percentage
    Sanchez: 55.1 completion percentage

Quinn: Passer rating 64.4
    Sanchez: Passer rating 71.7

Case closed. Sanchez is better

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    This is not the place to discuss this but LOL at starting Quinn. As I stated earlier in this thread I expect Quinn to be the #3 behind Geno and Simms. Mark had his short leash in the pre season and continues to make the boneheaded plays and now he is gone for good. We already know enough about Sanchez, Idzik has studied him no doubt about that, Rex and his staff hold overs know all there is to know about Mark. Sanchez will never be a superbowl QB unless he has an all world defense similar to his AFC title runs that many like to tout him for. We need to trade Sanchez for anything at all that we can get. On Quinn vs Sanchez.Quinn has a brain in his head, something Mark does not have. I believe Quinn understands how to manage a game far better than Mark who trys too hard.
    The bold print is what leads me to believe you want Quinn over Mark, to which I say, MANY TEAMS have walked away from Quinn for good reason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Because he got the only legitimate starting QB hurt trying to win a meaningless game. Sanchez was going to keep the seat warm for Geno until he was ready to play, now that won't happen. Geno is a project, like Simms in a way, not close to being NFL ready. Now the Jets don't have the luxury of giving him more time to develop, and throwing him to the wolves. If Sanchez got hurt in the first quarter vsTampa, like Vinny did so many years ago, well, that's football. When your coach gets your starter hurt in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game, because he thinks that game is vital to win, then you have to question his decision making ability. Is this guy competent to lead a team? Unfortunately, this is the latest, and hopefully last, example of what a horrible leader Rex is. Sanchez to the IR, which would mean the end of his season, should be the last straw. He has to go.
    This is the perfect scenario the way this has played out. Sanchez should have been the starter but now that he's hurt Geno will be thrown into the fire and all the people saying 'let Sanchez be the crash test dummy taking all the hits' will have to watch Geno not get the luxury of sitting on the bench, just like Sanchez didn't, and he will be exposed. The CS obviously knows Geno is not ready to be starter, unlike the experts on this board.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Quinn: 53.8 completion percentage
    Sanchez: 55.1 completion percentage

Quinn: Passer rating 64.4
    Sanchez: Passer rating 71.7

Case closed. Sanchez is better
    Both horrible. Case closed.