Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Go watch some Broncos 2010 preseason footage and tell me that Quinn didn't outplay Teblow.
    Kinda like Simms and. ...

dOh !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Bingo!! A legit backup with NFL experience. Sanchez will be IRd or released.

1. Geno Smith
    2. Brady Quinn
    3. Matt Simms

In other words, we allow Geno to play with no one looking over his back.
    Thanks to our OL, all three of these guys wil be concussed within a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    The protection from our starting Oline has been good, it's the reserves that struggled in the preseason.

Strange signing if you ask me. Main reason is Quinn is a vested veteran so if he's on he roster on Sat. His contract is fully guaranteed. Vet minimum is what $700k or so? Seems strange for a guy that's just a short term insurance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsudriver View Post
    Strange signing if you ask me. Main reason is Quinn is a vested veteran so if he's on he roster on Sat. His contract is fully guaranteed. Vet minimum is what $700k or so? Seems strange for a guy that's just a short term insurance policy.
    He isn't here for the short term. I think he will be on the team for the full year, IMO Sanchez will be either IRd, cut or traded.

He isn't here for the short term. I think he will be on the team for the full year, IMO Sanchez will be either IRd, cut or traded.
    I think if Quinn is still around Sat. then Sanchez is going to IR. Too costly to cut. Don't see anyone trading. Financially aren't any worse off IR'ing him. I don't think he'd play again unless Smith was injured anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    He'll be the 3 for the season behind Smith and Simms. Wally Pippchez will be IRd and waived on the Monday after the last game of the season

He didn't, he got hurt in the Detroit game.
    My bad meant played, thanks Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    My bad meant played, thanks Officer.
    I know what you meant, I was just having fun.

All League
    Great point. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he was brought in for just a looksie, and then cut before the Tampa game.
    Last edited by Yankeejet22; 09-02-2013 at 07:49 PM.

I know what you meant, I was just having fun.
    Me too Brother, it's all good . Things get tough sometimes being a jets fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    The protection from our starting Oline has been good, it's the reserves that struggled in the preseason.
    Thank you...

Good isn't the word...

The starting OL this preseason has been outstanding!

We wish we had this OL play like we saw this preseason...

Based on what?

This is exactly what is wrong with this fan base, baseless crap thrown against the wall. Have you watched any of the pre-season? The OL has actually performed pretty well, at least well enough for promise, and certainly not worthy of crap statements like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What about all the time you spend on the weather forum?
    tumblr_lkh7vmyYM71qirhk6o1_400.jpg

You clearly haven't been watching preseason, because our oline has been great in protection.

#yoloswag
    Last edited by McGinley; 09-02-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    This is the perfect scenario the way this has played out. Sanchez should have been the starter but now that he's hurt Geno will be thrown into the fire and all the people saying 'let Sanchez be the crash test dummy taking all the hits' will have to watch Geno not get the luxury of sitting on the bench, just like Sanchez didn't, and he will be exposed. The CS obviously knows Geno is not ready to be starter, unlike the experts on this board.
    I'll keep this in the signature line for you when you are ready to eat your words.......... ;-)

Sanchez should start and take the hits.

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    I remember a few miscommunications in the Detroit game but when they had to pass the OL gave them that extra second. It is much improved over last year. Our 2nd and 3rd didn't do too bad either as Simms got the ball downfield. Blitzing accounted for most of the sacks which is always a guessing game. I think we'll be fine against most teams with this unit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Sanchez should start and take the hits.

#yoloswag
    no matter who is in there, there will be sacks. Even Brady gets a few sacks with his quick release.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    no matter who is in there, there will be sacks. Even Brady gets a few sacks with his quick release.
    He needs to take the hits, though.

Vinny's Niece, what do you think about Mark needing to take the hits? Do you think Mark needs to take the hits?

#yoloswag