Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    A site where many are CLUELESS to the game of football and if they cannot say something negative, they have nothing to say....I expect the Jets to beat the Bucs on sunday....I will BET that if the Jets win these same people will make excuses as to why they won....they will not dwell on winning the game but the fact that the Bucs played lousy etc....it's surreal but being on this site for 10 years makes you realize that it is what it is. Sad thing is many feel that most jets fans has this defeatist joke about your own team attititude...many of us do not. It's a new season. Bringing in Quinn was a good move and he fits MM'S offense....he has never had a solid OC. Smith simms and Quinn.....this is not the wrose qb situation in the league. raiders-Jacksonville-bills-browns.....these people almost seem to want the jets to do bad so they have something to harp about.
    I don't want to sound harsh jetsfreak. But these moron posters are cut from the same mold as the Dolphins fans years back who were yelling for Marino to be traded, so they could have thier beloved Scott Mitchell.What did mitchell do in Detroit.

Jets Insider VIP
    A site where many are CLUELESS to the game of football and if they cannot say something negative, they have nothing to say....I expect the Jets to beat the Bucs on sunday....I will BET that if the Jets win these same people will make excuses as to why they won....they will not dwell on winning the game but the fact that the Bucs played lousy etc....it's surreal but being on this site for 10 years makes you realize that it is what it is. Sad thing is many feel that most jets fans has this defeatist joke about your own team attititude...many of us do not. It's a new season. Bringing in Quinn was a good move and he fits MM'S offense....he has never had a solid OC. Smith simms and Quinn.....this is not the wrose qb situation in the league. raiders-Jacksonville-bills-browns.....these people almost seem to want the jets to do bad so they have something to harp about.
    +1 an absolute great post! Thank you.

Jets Insider VIP
    + 1000

SOJFS

Even worse than VinnyGronkGuidoMitch and his gang of pats fag trolls

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Awesome kneel down to close out pre-season game 4.
    +1 A kneel down as good as a Hunts point hooker..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    +1 A kneel down as good as a Hunts point hooker..
    Or a Swiss drive-in!

the media will continue to bash the jets until either 1) rex is gone and they bring in a new coach who doesn't take this crap from them, and/or 2) geno plays well. if rex goes, they can start new with idzik and presumably a serious, no nonsense coach who the media can't treat like a clown. if geno plays well, idzik's reputation gets a big boost and all of a sudden the jets are contenders. until either of these things happen the jets are still targets, fair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Really.And our pass protection wasn't bad last year. We had sanchez, and he had nobody to throw to.
    If the OL play wasn't bad last year why did the Jets FO let their 2 starting OGs walk away without trying to resign them? Let go of the OC and OL Coach? And Howard was terrible in pass protection last year.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Probably a torn labrum. Quinn is awful though. But you need a vet if sanchez is gone.
    Didn't we go this route in 1999 with a former ND qb?

I'm havin' a bad flashback man....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post

We also went with a ND QB in the 1965 2nd rd draft John Huarte Heisman Trophy winner after taking Namath in the 1st rd.. Quinn was a first rd pick and Geno was the 2nd rounder maybe this combo will work better.. BTW lay off the LSD Ches and the flashbacks may stop..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post

Oooh, that's harsh. Quinn isn't great, but he's a million miles ahead of R__k M___r. At least Quinn has guts.

For whatever little it's worth, ESPN was reporting (sort of) and Opinioning (more so) that Quinn was aquired to provide the "Veteran mentor" to Smith, because Sanchez is hurt worse than admitted, and that the Jets are working to EITHER put Sanchez on IR or outright release him and eat his cap hit.

Boulder of Salt included, of course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Oooh, that's harsh. Quinn isn't great, but he's a million miles ahead of R__k M___r. At least Quinn has guts.
    Quinn is also much prettier than Rick Meier.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Quinn is also much prettier than Rick Meier.
    True.

Quinn has the guts to hang in the pocket, and he has had to on some pretty bad teams (good rehearsal for the 2013 Jets, maybe). R__k M___r was gutless, and looked like a deer in the headlights whenever a defender got within 15 yards of him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    For whatever little it's worth, ESPN was reporting (sort of) and Opinioning (more so) that Quinn was aquired to provide the "Veteran mentor" to Smith, because Sanchez is hurt worse than admitted, and that the Jets are working to EITHER put Sanchez on IR or outright release him and eat his cap hit.

Boulder of Salt included, of course.
    There has to be some corresponding move coming soon. Makes zero sense to carry 4 QBs on the 53 man. Maybe they will designate Sanchez to the IR/Eligible to return list which allows them to free up a roster spot and have Sanchez come back after week 6. They then could evaluate things after that and either IR him for the rest of the season, or cut him at that point. It buys you 6 weeks to see how things develop with Geno and the salary cap. Thats what I would do if it were my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    There has to be some corresponding move coming soon. Makes zero sense to carry 4 QBs on the 53 man. Maybe they will designate Sanchez to the IR/Eligible to return list which allows them to free up a roster spot and have Sanchez come back after week 6. They then could evaluate things after that and either IR him for the rest of the season, or cut him at that point. It buys you 6 weeks to see how things develop with Geno and the salary cap. Thats what I would do if it were my decision.
    manish wrote an article recently about mcelroy mentoring geno. if there's truth to that, and they released mcelroy, maybe they were looking for someone else to help guide geno this year.

Can't wait till find out the deal from the Jets FO as to what is going on with this roster. This back and forth is out of control already. Can't imagine they signed this guy to hold 4 QB's on the roster. Idzik is going to send Sanchez packing, IR or released, what's the difference?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    manish wrote an article recently about mcelroy mentoring geno. if there's truth to that, and they released mcelroy, maybe they were looking for someone else to help guide geno this year.
    Personally I think the whole player mentor thing is WAY over rated. What the hell is Brady Quinn going to tell Geno about playing QB?? What has Quinn done to even be considered a "mentor", and if you were Geno would you really care what he had to say? Marty and David Lee should be Geno's mentors right now, not some never was QB bust like Quinn.

All League
    This seems to make the sense.

I'm actually very disappointed with how things unfolded with the injury. I was really looking forward to seeing Mark play in MM offense. Now Geno is forced to play before he's ready...let's hope he handles it well

Personally I think the whole player mentor thing is WAY over rated. What the hell is Brady Quinn going to tell Geno about playing QB?? What has Quinn done to even be considered a "mentor", and if you were Geno would you really care what he had to say? Marty and David Lee should be Geno's mentors right now, not some never was QB bust like Quinn.
    not really helping with the playbook as much as adjusting to the nfl lifestyle and routines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Can't wait till find out the deal from the Jets FO as to what is going on with this roster. This back and forth is out of control already. Can't imagine they signed this guy to hold 4 QB's on the roster. Idzik is going to send Sanchez packing, IR or released, what's the difference?
    Couldn't the Jets put Sanchez on the PUP list....he wouldn't have to be injured to qualify