Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Couldn't the Jets put Sanchez on the PUP list....he wouldn't have to be injured to qualify
    He's not eligible once you played in a game or practiced you can't go on PUP.
    Last edited by Savage69; 09-03-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Couldn't the Jets put Sanchez on the PUP list....he wouldn't have to be injured to qualify
    No. He has already practiced and played in pre season. PUP list is for guys who are rehabbing injuries suffered the previous season or during the off season. Once you participate in one practice you are not eligible for the PUP list anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Oh, so our beautiful chocolate QB ain't handsome? OH, OK THEN. HATERS GONNA HATE.

Not sure if Racist...err, I mean Cereal.

Anyway, is it my imagination or does Geno look like he hasn't slept in months?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    not really helping with the playbook as much as adjusting to the nfl lifestyle and routines.
    Couldnt any veteran do that though? Why does it have to be another QB? Couldnt Brick or Mangold do that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Not sure if Racist...err, I mean Cereal.

Anyway, is it my imagination or does Geno look like he hasn't slept in months?
    Well you will never get to the Cereal Bowl if someone intercepts your 3 times..

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Couldnt any veteran do that though? Why does it have to be another QB? Couldnt Brick or Mangold do that?
    i'm going off of geno's quotes about mcelroy i read recently. he didn't credit sanchez with helping him at all, yet mcelroy he said has helped him learn the playbook and interpret what he's seeing on the field. if quinn can help with that, then cool. quinn lacks accuracy, but maybe he can help geno in other ways that sanchez simply can't - or won't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

i'm going off of geno's quotes about mcelroy i read recently. he didn't credit sanchez with helping him at all, yet mcelroy he said has helped him learn the playbook and interpret what he's seeing on the field. if quinn can help with that, then cool. quinn lacks accuracy, but maybe he can help geno in other ways that sanchez simply can't - or won't.
    And Montana wouldn't even talk to Steve Young..

Quinn has been credited with leading the Chiefs / helping them get through the Belcher shooting last year..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Quinn has been credited with leading the Chiefs / helping them get through the Belcher shooting last year..
    Maybe the Pats should have signed him??

Hall Of Fame
    Makes sense, Sanchez was competing with Geno so I doubt there would have been a lot "mentoring" going on from Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Makes sense, Sanchez was competing with Geno so I doubt there would have been a lot "mentoring" going on from Sanchez.
    That happens all the time in the real world. They ask you to train a replacement and then you get laid off. Sanchez isn't stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Maybe the Pats should have signed him??
    I saw these last night and thought they fit here:

mark schlereth ‏@markschlereth
    Savage
    looks legit!!!

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    OH?! RT @GeorgeFoster72: Savage was KING according to twitter....a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I saw these last night and thought they fit here:

mark schlereth ‏@markschlereth
    Savage
    looks legit!!!

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    OH?! RT @GeorgeFoster72: Savage was KING according to twitter....a few minutes ago.
    They probably think it's RANDY Savage....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Dead men don't tweet..

Jets Insider VIP
    There has to be some corresponding move coming soon. Makes zero sense to carry 4 QBs on the 53 man. Maybe they will designate Sanchez to the IR/Eligible to return list which allows them to free up a roster spot and have Sanchez come back after week 6. They then could evaluate things after that and either IR him for the rest of the season, or cut him at that point. It buys you 6 weeks to see how things develop with Geno and the salary cap. Thats what I would do if it were my decision.
    He actually wouldn't be able to return until after the 8th week.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    And Montana wouldn't even talk to Steve Young..
    montana earned that right...

Jets Insider VIP
    Personally I think the whole player mentor thing is WAY over rated. What the hell is Brady Quinn going to tell Geno about playing QB?? What has Quinn done to even be considered a "mentor", and if you were Geno would you really care what he had to say? Marty and David Lee should be Geno's mentors right now, not some never was QB bust like Quinn.
    Also, I thought the QB coach was the guy who should be consulted by the QB's.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He actually wouldn't be able to return until after the 8th week.
    Correct, he can not play until the 8th week, but will be eligible to practice after week 6 and then forcing the Jets to make a decision on what they will do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Also, I thought the QB coach was the guy who should be consulted by the QB's.
    +1 Exactly unless it was Cavanaugh... Davis Lee is the real deal..

Jets Insider VIP
    Correct. “@Forgione12: @markschlereth macho man randy savage?”