Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

@adbrandt: Jets signing @BQ9. Know him through brother-in-law @OfficialAJHawk. High character guy who stepped up amid tragedy in KC last yr.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Why then? They can place him on IR now if they want to
    I had the same question. Why continue to have him taking up a valuable roster spot if you know you're going to IR him? If you're going to do it, just do it, and sign a recently waived guy who could help the team at S, TE, LB!

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just think about it. If Sanchez isn't healthy to suit up Sunday, looking that way. He sure wouldn't be ready, and shouldn't suit up 4 days later vs NE.

So the earliest Sanchez would be available to suit up is week 3, 20 days from now.
    This

But it is funny how some here, especially the obvious Sanchez haters are all trying to will their way through their tweets to get Sanchez put on IR or off the team. Cimini is just fanning the flames, he knows half the fan base wants him out.

BTW, Brady Quinn is really a good backup QB, perfect player in a backup role, solid NFL arm, can play any system, high character guy, great work ethic and temperament, good enough to be a solid fill in QB and back-up, was a nice fill-in during a poor KC season last year.

I get the feeling he was just never able to find a team that could get the most out of him, and now he has become a very good back-up QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This

But it is funny how some here, especially the obvious Sanchez haters are all trying to will their way through their tweets to get Sanchez put on IR or off the team. Cimini is just fanning the flames, he knows half the fan base wants him out.
    I'm not anti-Sanchez, but I have been posting for days that Sanchez will not be on the roster opening day. Think about it, if Geno starts he deserves to be the starter without having to look over his shoulder. Quinn provides the emergency vet experience if Smith gets hurt. Sanchez will either be IRd, cut or traded.

lmao so if geno and Simms go down, this is who we're stick with?

What a circus!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    lmao so if geno and Simms go down, this is who we're stick with?

What a circus!
    I don't get how that qualifies as a circus.

It's a crappy team who are going to have a crappy year. Not a circus.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    BTW, Brady Quinn is really a good backup QB, perfect player in a backup role, solid NFL arm, can play any system, high character guy, great work ethic and temperament, good enough to be a solid fill in QB and back-up, was a nice fill-in during a poor KC season last year.

I get the feeling he was just never able to find a team that could get the most out of him, and now he has become a very good back-up QB.
    I agree. I like Quinn. He's probably better than Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I don't get how that qualifies as a circus.

It's a crappy team who are going to have a crappy year. Not a circus.
    **** you, SOJF! Nice job giving up on the team before they even play a down, you clown.

**** you, SOJF! Nice job giving up on the team before they even play a down, you clown.
    I'm not the one calling them a circus, you media following nitwit!

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    He goes on IR, it's bye-bye Rex.
    Huh? Rex has a way better chance of sticking around without Sanchez playing, given that guys like Geno and Simms will get passes for certain mistakes while Sanchez will get no such accommodation. Why would Sanchez to the IR be "bye-bye Rex"?

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    +1,love this pickup.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    +1000

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refuel View Post
    Huh? Rex has a way better chance of sticking around without Sanchez playing, given that guys like Geno and Simms will get passes for certain mistakes while Sanchez will get no such accommodation. Why would Sanchez to the IR be "bye-bye Rex"?
    To true Rex haters a change in the weather could be his demise..

I'm not the won calling them a circus, you media following nitwit!
    If you don't listen to the media, then why are you calling them a crappy team and predicting they will have a copy year?

Either you're a true jet fan or a SOJF. There is no in between.

Undrafted Free Agent
    @HubbuchNYP If Idzik did this because he thinks Brady Quinn is an upgrade over Mark Sanchez … yikes.
    @HubbuchNYP Brady Quinn isn’t an upgrade over anyone. It’s painful to watch him play quarterback.

Damn Hubbuch why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I'm not anti-Sanchez, but I have been posting for days that Sanchez will not be on the roster opening day. Think about it, if Geno starts he deserves to be the starter without having to look over his shoulder. Quinn provides the emergency vet experience if Smith gets hurt. Sanchez will either be IRd, cut or traded.
    I never understand this comment. Not just from you, tons of people say this. IMO if a QB is good/promising/worth his salt then it doesn't matter who else is on the roster. He should focus on his own play and learning the offense. No reason to look over his shoulder. In fact, I think it's good to have a worthy competitor. Why just hand the job to Geno and back him up with scrubs so that Geno thinks, "I can make mistakes and F up, who cares!?! I can slack off, not dedicate myself as much. I'm the QB no matter what."

If you don't listen to the media, then why are you calling them a crappy team and predicting they will have a copy year?

Either you're a true jet fan or a SOJF. There is no in between.
    I'm a Jet fan who can see the forest for the trees. Their roster and schedule is pointing them towards having a crappy year, which is not a bad thing in the long run. Rex gets fired and Idzik has 12 draft picks to work with next year.

I'm a Jet fan who can see the forest for the trees. Their roster and schedule is pointing them towards having a crappy year, which is not a bad thing in the long run. Rex gets fired and Idzik has 12 draft picks to work with next year.
    Tell me specifically what is wrong with their roster that will preclude them from having a successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    @HubbuchNYP If Idzik did this because he thinks Brady Quinn is an upgrade over Mark Sanchez … yikes.
    @HubbuchNYP Brady Quinn isn’t an upgrade over anyone. It’s painful to watch him play quarterback.

Damn Hubbuch why don't you tell us how you really feel.
    Doesn't matter. LaCanfora owned him in their Twitter debate.