Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Potentially great news if it comes with a follow up qb cut

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Wolfe View Post
    Tell me specifically what is wrong with their roster that will preclude them from having a successful season.
    Not great at QB, the fact that we are now throwing spaghetti at the wall now shows that.
    Defense is young and inexperienced, especially in the secondary and linebackers.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Doesn't matter. LaCanfora owned him in their Twitter debate.
    I suggest removing all ny post writers from your twitter feed until further notice.. With Mehta and cimini
    These guys Are the most anti jets spewing crap out there
    Unfollow them all and get news from decent writers
    I hate these guys

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lmao so if geno and Simms go down, this is who we're stick with?

What a circus!
    Say's the guy with 87 posts who joined in July, who most likely formulates his opinion based on what he watches on Sports Center...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady Quinn is awful. I don't get it. I'd rather have Tyler Wilson who may have upside.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not great at QB, the fact that we are now throwing spaghetti at the wall now shows that.
    Defense is young and inexperienced, especially in the secondary and linebackers.
    You realize I can turn around everything you said into a positive, right? Why do you automatically assume the worst?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    @HubbuchNYP If Idzik did this because he thinks Brady Quinn is an upgrade over Mark Sanchez Ö yikes.
    @HubbuchNYP Brady Quinn isnít an upgrade over anyone. Itís painful to watch him play quarterback.

Damn Hubbuch why don't you tell us how you really feel.
    Hubbuch is a dumbass

His claim to fame as a journalist are the pissing matches he gets into with his own peers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady Quinn... when the jets selected revis with the #13 in the 07 draft people were upset about not getting quinn. lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Brady Quinn is awful. I don't get it. I'd rather have Tyler Wilson who may have upside.

Tyler Wilson just got cut from the Raiders. The RAIDERS. A team with the worst QB situation in the league...

Add Wilson so that we have Simms and Wilson backing up a rookie in Smith to start the season?

Do any of you think any more before you post?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I never understand this comment. Not just from you, tons of people say this. IMO if a QB is good/promising/worth his salt then it doesn't matter who else is on the roster. He should focus on his own play and learning the offense. No reason to look over his shoulder. In fact, I think it's good to have a worthy competitor. Why just hand the job to Geno and back him up with scrubs so that Geno thinks, "I can make mistakes and F up, who cares!?! I can slack off, not dedicate myself as much. I'm the QB no matter what."
    To clarify my statement - Brady Quinn gives this team a vet backup in case of an injury to G. Smith. If Sanchez remains on the roster as the primary back-up, if Geno plays poorly for a stretch the media will badger Rex about going back to Sanchez. If Quinn is the primary backup, Geno is afforded a period of poor play ala E. Manning when he was a rookie. I feel it important for a young QB to experience growing pains and still know that there is no threat of being pulled, you may not agree with me but that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 09-02-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
    I suggest removing all ny post writers from your twitter feed until further notice.. With Mehta and cimini
    These guys Are the most anti jets spewing crap out there
    Unfollow them all and get news from decent writers
    I hate these guys
    Agreed. I don't follow him, I just saw a retweet from him. The only Jets reporters I follow are Costello, Eric Allen, and Steiny if he even counts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You realize I can turn around everything you said into a positive, right? Why do you automatically assume the worst?
    The young defense could end up being a positive in time. We did need to get younger but there will be growing pains.

As for QB, unless you are a member of the ABS (anybody but Sanchez) crowd, I don't see how that is positive for this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Agreed. I don't follow him, I just saw a retweet from him. The only Jets reporters I follow are Costello, Eric Allen, and Steiny if he even counts.
    I don't follow him either. I just found out about it from AA. (Awful Announcing)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I'm not anti-Sanchez, but I have been posting for days that Sanchez will not be on the roster opening day. Think about it, if Geno starts he deserves to be the starter without having to look over his shoulder. Quinn provides the emergency vet experience if Smith gets hurt. Sanchez will either be IRd, cut or traded.
    The Jets play 2 games in 5 days, if any player misses Sunday's game, it's probably they are missing week 2 against the Pats, the Jets needed insurance with at least some experience with Smith now being forced to start. In Quinn, they have a player with experience, is a perfect back-up player, high character, smart, and has experience in a WCO system, and played on a team who our GM used to work for, it makes complete sense.

I know the Sanchez haters want him gone, but rushing off the roster without logical thought doesn't mean it will be true, or a smart move.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The young defense could end up being a positive in time. We did need to get younger but there will be growing pains.

As for QB, unless you are a member of the ABS (anybody but Sanchez) crowd, I don't see how that is positive for this year.
    Geno is the truth. Did you see the tape at WVU? he can make all the throws and has great leadership qualities.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno is the truth. Did you see the tape at WVU? he can make all the throws and has great leadership qualities.
    Maybe. IN TIME.

The odds suggest that this is not a Russell Wilson situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    We need another thread for this
    SAR will be back when he finds out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really good backup? He started 16 games between his time with the Browns and the Chiefs. How many were wins? 4.

But I guess that's like almost 50% or something when seen through the green colored glasses that have made Sanchez look like a franchise QB for four years..

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    BTW, Brady Quinn is really a good backup QB, perfect player in a backup role, solid NFL arm, can play any system, high character guy, great work ethic and temperament, good enough to be a solid fill in QB and back-up, was a nice fill-in during a poor KC season last year.

I get the feeling he was just never able to find a team that could get the most out of him, and now he has become a very good back-up QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe. IN TIME.

The odds suggest that this is not a Russell Wilson situation.
    yeah but didn't you see what happened last year with luck and rg3? Why can't he be one of those guys in 2013?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've always liked Quinn because I'm a ND fan, but unfortunately he hasn't amounted to anything in the NFL. Still a decent backup option though.