Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Start Simms already!

Undrafted Free Agent

Start Simms already!

I'm sorry. I know Rex is saying Geno is their guy....but when you are so scared your QB is going to throw an interception that you don't even let him throw in the first half...its time to switch QBs. That is no way to test a QB.

If this is suppose to be Geno's "learning" season...then LET him throw. And if you don't have confidence in his throwing....then its TIME to put Simms in. We were a lock for at least a wild card spot, and management is letting it slip away yet again.

deja****ingvu! Didn't we go though this with Sanchez. They waited until we were mathematically out of it last season to pull Sanchez.

Simms proved himself in preseason. In fact, he was better than both Geno AND Sanchez. But then they played Sanchez when they shouldn't have....he gets hurt...so they have to go with Geno. Who, like the Jets Offense has been on & off every week. Win lose win lose.

Well, guess what, we just got our second loss in a row. Its TIME for a change!

Our Defense is playing their hearts out, with ZERO help from the O.

We NEED a spark. We NEED a change. Don't wait for a third loss in a row to do it. New England is facing a possible second loss in a row to Denver tonight. We were in the drivers seat, and once again...pride has hurt the Jets. Who cares about ego?! Be smart. Pull Geno. But nooooo. They leave Geno in who was having an abysmal first half.

Screw pride! They should have benched Geno in the 2nd half to send him a message! THAT is part of the learning process. If you suck. If you can't lead, you get benched. Period.

Ugh. I am not convinced Geno is our guy. Sanchez at least brought us to two AFC championships before he imploded and was benched.

Geno has been inconsistent from the get go. WHY does he deserve to be "The" guy? He hasn't proven anything, and as such, shouldn't be treated with kid gloves. Are they afraid to bruise his confidence? Awww. Too friggin bad!

They put Simms in at the end of last weeks game, and he marched right down the field and scored! You'd think THAT would have sent a message to Geno. Lit a fire under his ass....but nooooo. He comes out today as flat as a pancake!

Yup. Its time. Bench Geno NOW. Let Simms start next week. Don't throw away our season over waiting to see when Geno is gonna learn NOT to stare down his receivers!

Who agrees with me about putting Simms in?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

"Geno is the future!"

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    "Geno is the future!"
    And the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    And the past.
    +1 , NY Jets Starting QB = the only position where mediocrity leads to playing time.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Some of you might want to turn on NFC game and learn a lil from Troy Aikman he is very good and might give some of you some insight.

Start him! I swear today was like watching Sanchez all over again

Simms proved himself playing against third stringers in preseason? Really?

That's a low bar for proof.

Why do QB have to start and lose and cost their team a season in order to "learn and grow". Aaron Rodgers some how figured out how to be good from the bench.

Kind of funny that some of our fanbase still sees this as a playoff team and thinks this season is worth "saving"

We're rebuilding. Let it go

What does starting Simms give you? He sucks and hasnt done jack. It is not like your talking a proven vet. All your going to get is the same rookie errors. Geno will be the starter next year you cant under mind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What does starting Simms give you? He sucks and hasnt done jack. It is not like your talking a proven vet. All your going to get is the same rookie errors. Geno will be the starter next year you cant under mind him.
    Our delusional fanbase thinks if we put in Simms this becomes a SB team. Seems like they can't figure out that this team is rebuilding and probably should be 3-8 right now if not for a couple of lucky calls in our favor. This team is bad and will be bad with any QB on this roster. I say let Geno take his lumps

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Wait Simms is still here, I thought he was traded because teams were beating the door down for him, what we get a RB, TE, WR?

You don't know that ... It his only given playing time , he has rocked it !

Prior to game 1 Geno was an unproven rookie that had a sucked in the preseason. Now he a rookie QB that has sucked more than any QB I can possibly remember in the regular season. Yeah let's keep playing him. Hell, it worked for Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    You don't know that ... It his only given playing time , he has rocked it !
    "Rocked it"?

LOL

He had a surefire pick 6 bounce off a defenders chest last week.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Our delusional fanbase thinks if we put in Simms this becomes a SB team. Seems like they can't figure out that this team is rebuilding and probably should be 3-8 right now if not for a couple of lucky calls in our favor. This team is bad and will be bad with any QB on this roster. I say let Geno take his lumps
    As much as it pains me you are right. We have no TE or a good scat back. Our OL is playing worse then it has sense 07. We are going to make a few changes on O this off season. Geno is learning he needs to stay with the same WRs IMO. Spent all year with Kerley and Hill and went took both away from him here. I like Salas but this group killed him today. The coaching staff didnt help with the play calling IMO. The one thing he does well is the deep ball and we took that away in this game. This was our last tough game of the season though. From here out we can only look better. I think the plan was to not let Balt beat us like Pitts beat us. It just didnt work. We just found a new way to loose. You have to say though Balt is the SB champs. We cant beat em all. I think most would have marked this as a loss for us.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I disagree. We have one of the best Defenses going. Rebuild? Um...how about...winning? They put Simms in at the end of last weeks game, and we marched right down the field and scored.

Rebuild my ass. We need a spark. And Geno aint cutting it. I'm not some starry eyed fan thinking SuperBowl. But we have a shot to make the playoffs. And Geno keeps imploding on big games. Part of the learning process is feeling the sting of sucking. Benching Geno will help him more than keeping him in at this point. He just hasn't risen to the challenge.

And who knows...maybe Simms will rise to the challenge. He deserves a shot considering how friggin inconsistent Geno has been.

but knowing the Jets, they'll probably keep him in until we are mathematically eliminated.

It gives you an attempt at putting a competent qb on the field while benching a woefully incompetent qb.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Difference between Geno and Sanchez is the second and the first round.. Logically thinking, the jets shouldn't hesitate to switch to simms. Geno isn't a huge investment as was Sanchez.