Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible 2014 Cap Casualites

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible 2014 Cap Casualites

Every season, there seems to be some surprise cuts/releases.

I'm not too familiar with each team's salary cap situation along with the team's future plan (rebuilding, retooling or just building).

So far, as far as I know for a possible cap casualty, Andre Johnson could definitely be one.
    What I would like to know is, who could be others?
    Antonio Gates?
    Larry Fitz?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post

I'm not too familiar with each team's salary cap situation along with the team's future plan (rebuilding, retooling or just building).

So far, as far as I know for a possible cap casualty, Andre Johnson could definitely be one.

Antonio Gates?
    Larry Fitz?
    RB Chris Johnson , CB D Revis and Qb mark Sanchez

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez and Holmes are both obvious cuts and Cromartie and Harris should be targeted for re-structured deals. We could have close to $50M in cap space.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Antonio Gates?
    Larry Fitz?
    No one wants to come here. Think about this: if your son were entering the draft would you want him to sign with this team?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    RB Chris Johnson , CB D Revis and Qb mark Sanchez
    Doesnt CJ have like 15 mil guaranteed still? Miles Austin and Nate Burleson I two guys I can see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    No one wants to come here. Think about this: if your son were entering the draft would you want him to sign with this team?
    Yeah we have been a fair competitive team over the last 2 decades. It isnt like we are Oakland or Buff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Antonio Gates?
    Larry Fitz?
    AJ seems more likely as each week goes by -- see his coments after today's game. Meanwhile, I don't think AZ is getting rid of Larry.

That's a load of horse poop!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yeah we have been a fair competitive team over the last 2 decades. It isnt like we are Oakland or Buff.
    How many championships have your team won. When was the last superbowl appearance. ( 1969) That is the only thing that matters. Your no closer than any team till you find that franchise QB. Right now Geno smith doesn't even look as good as M sanchez. ( unlike Mark he still has time to right this ship)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well as a Jet fan, I would love for my son to sign here. Lol
    Plus, being drafted, you have no choice but to play here if we draft you. The player could simply play bad & wait to get cut, but by then his value & money income has dropped & basically ruined his own career by not wanting put in effort & just being stubborn.

Jets aren't a horrible team either. I can think of at least 14 teams where Free Agents would discount before discounting the Jets. Us being in NY helps a lot. (See: Brett Farve, LT, Ed Reed, etc)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a serious question?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Sanchez and Holmes are both obvious cuts and Cromartie and Harris should be targeted for re-structured deals. We could have close to $50M in cap space.
    The burnt toast CB gets to restructure and a QB that has helped you win 4 playoff games is an obvious cut. I could understand that logic if we had Brady, Brees, Manning..etc. on the roster or even the top 2 picks in the draft, but we don't...SMH.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many championships have your team won. When was the last superbowl appearance. ( 1969) That is the only thing that matters. Your no closer than any team till you find that franchise QB. Right now Geno smith doesn't even look as good as M sanchez. ( unlike Mark he still has time to right this ship)
    So what in your opinion there is only 5-6 teams people want to play for? lol I dont buy that. We have been good made the POs more then most won more PO games then most. We havent won one well that doesnt mean we are not able. We stay competitive most years. TB has a SB more resently then us youd rather play for them right now?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    So what in your opinion there is only 5-6 teams people want to play for? lol I dont buy that. We have been good made the POs more then most won more PO games then most. We havent won one well that doesnt mean we are not able. We stay competitive most years. TB has a SB more resently then us youd rather play for them right now?
    First off players are almost always are going to where they are going to make the most money. (especially if they have a ring already) Second players don't care what your team has done in the past, but what your team future looks like. case In Point you have one of those franchise Qb's - free agents tend to want to go to that team as they know they have a chance every year to win a possible championship.(same with a coach with a bigtime reputation)

Yes The raiders have struggled mightly Yet you see Lesean MCCoy and Keenan Allen caught wearing Raider gear despite the fact they play for another NFL team. ( a lot of players dream of wearing the Silver and Black uniform- don't be a hater but that is just a fact of life.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    First off players are almost always are going to where they are going to make the most money. (especially if they have a ring already) Second players don't care what your team has done in the past, but what your team future looks like. case In Point you have one of those franchise Qb's - free agents tend to want to go to that team as they know they have a chance every year to win a possible championship.(same with a coach with a bigtime reputation)

Yes The raiders have struggled mightly Yet you see Lesean MCCoy and Keenan Allen caught wearing Raider gear despite the fact they play for another NFL team. ( a lot of players dream of wearing the Silver and Black uniform- don't be a hater but that is just a fact of life.
    Hey Dickhead, kids today wear hats that go with their outfits, has nothing to do with where they want to play.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BX Jet Fan View Post
    Hey Dickhead, kids today wear hats that go with their outfits, has nothing to do with where they want to play.
    Okay believe what you want. I guess green doesn't go with too many outfits. If M Wilkerson was caught wearing a raider jacket/ hat you would be cool with that?

This goes with an outfit? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...es-game-sunday
    Last edited by Raider9175; 11-25-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When was your last winning season?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay believe what you want. I guess green doesn't go with too many outfits. If M Wilkerson was caught wearing a raider hat you would be cool with that?

This goes wqth an outfit? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...es-game-sunday
    And Tom Brady wears a Yankees cap, who gives a ****.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay believe what you want. I guess green doesn't go with too many outfits. If M Wilkerson was caught wearing a raider hat you would be cool with that?

This goes wqth an outfit? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...es-game-sunday
    No, I wouldn't be cool with that. Kids today do alot of **** I don't agree with. Just like my generation did alot of **** my parents generation did not agree with. One thing everyone on this board can agree with though is that you ARE a Dickhead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is more then one reason to play for any team. Some what to be close to home. Some want to be in a system they can play or look good. Some want to win. Some just dont care. We have signed good FAs cheap in the past. Money yes is key. You think people dont want to play for a NY team? Biggest market in the US it they make it here they can cash in big. There arent a lot of teams with that kind of appeal. Ask Key if he could start with a different team would he have. I bet he will say no and we sucked balls back then.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    And Tom Brady wears a Yankees cap, who gives a ****.
    Hello there is a difference when your talking about a different sport, and the one you play. Hey just because Jet players don't want to be caught wearing those tacky Jet colors.