Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets sign QB Brady Quinn, release QB Harrell

What is your guys best memories of the Harrell Era?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Well, he was a happy guy.

That's for sure.

What's really funny is that by keeping 4 QBs on the 53 (who DOES that btw?) the Jets had no room to sign Matt Mulligan, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

All Pro
    Awesome kneel down to close out pre-season game 4.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    What's really funny is that by keeping 4 QBs on the 53 (who DOES that btw?) the Jets had no room to sign Matt Mulligan, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    That's the best case for keeping 4 QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Awesome kneel down to close out pre-season game 4.
    LOL!

and i was just getting ready to order a jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Quinn: 53.8 completion percentage
    Sanchez: 55.1 completion percentage

Quinn: Passer rating 64.4
    Sanchez: Passer rating 71.7

Case closed. Sanchez is better
    As much as I dislike Sanchez I have to agree with this. Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Brady Quinn is one of the worst QBs in football actually still drawing a paycheck. Sanchez is better than some back ups, he has that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Some of you guys are hilarious with your "stop writing Geno off, he hasn't played a single game for us yet"

Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe, some of us were never sold on him and didn't want him in the 1st place?

Im one of those people (I had said before the draft that it would be best to not draft a QB early and just wait until next year's draft and get somebody like Bridgewater). I am not going to change my mind just because Geno got drafted by the Jets.
    +1... Exactly

How is there 18 pages about Quinn and Harrell??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    That is a chance that I'd be willing to take. That is exactly what the Raiders and Jaguars are doing and watch either of them end up with Teddy Bridgewater. Then you are going to hear me say I told you so.

And even if we don't end up with Teddy Bridgewater, we could still end up with a QB like Taj Boyd or David Fales who are much better than any QB in the 2013 draft class.
    What are they doing?

They're all trying to win as many game as possible.

The difference is they have less talent than the Jets and will lose more games. To think a team should go into a season tanking games for a guy who may or may not be good is plain stupid.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    As much as I dislike Sanchez I have to agree with this. Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Brady Quinn is one of the worst QBs in football actually still drawing a paycheck. Sanchez is better than some back ups, he has that at least.
    Really?

Think about it. These numbers are exactly why numbers rarely prove much in football.

Quinn and Sanchezs numbers are really similar with Sanchez holding a slight advantage.

Which Sanchez played on 2 winners. With teams that actually held leads in games. Quinn spent most of his games playing catchup. Passing when everyone knew he had to pass.

Huge advantage for Sanchez, negligible difference in numbers. Yes they both suck but Sanchez with all that extra talent around him is worse.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    On a site where most will try to convince you that Favre at 8-3 brought nothing to this team before he got hurt, who think Chad brought nothing to the team etc will argue until the end of time over which 3rd string QB is better for this team and why.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    ok I see so NO jets QB on the roster can play......did you watch simms in pre season..and Quinn has never had a OC like MM....It amazes me the buffoonery that comes from so called fans of a team....every other phrase is a knock on the team. Oh and you may want to look at the Bills QB squad. sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanchez, Simms, Quinn. We easily have the handsomest QB room in the NFL. If only they could play.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    A site where many are CLUELESS to the game of football and if they cannot say something negative, they have nothing to say....I expect the Jets to beat the Bucs on sunday....I will BET that if the Jets win these same people will make excuses as to why they won....they will not dwell on winning the game but the fact that the Bucs played lousy etc....it's surreal but being on this site for 10 years makes you realize that it is what it is. Sad thing is many feel that most jets fans has this defeatist joke about your own team attititude...many of us do not. It's a new season. Bringing in Quinn was a good move and he fits MM'S offense....he has never had a solid OC. Smith simms and Quinn.....this is not the wrose qb situation in the league. raiders-Jacksonville-bills-browns.....these people almost seem to want the jets to do bad so they have something to harp about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    On a site where most will try to convince you that Favre at 8-3 brought nothing to this team before he got hurt, who think Chad brought nothing to the team etc will argue until the end of time over which 3rd string QB is better for this team and why.

Oh, so our beautiful chocolate QB ain't handsome? OH, OK THEN. HATERS GONNA HATE.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I don't get you guys ....

For what seems like forever we have gazed North with envy over a QB named Brady. Finally the JETS get themselves a QB named Brady (admittedly it's Brady T Quinn and not Queen T Brady) and the result is 18 pages of virtually unanimous anger at the acquisition .

All Pro
    Nice to see a guy so happy at his work. Can run the kneel-down with the best of them. Nice GB shirt under his Jets jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    My sentiments exactly

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You clearly haven't been watching preseason, because our oline has been great in protection.

#yoloswag
    Really.And our pass protection wasn't bad last year. We had sanchez, and he had nobody to throw to.