Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network Showed Santonio Practicing

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NFL Network Showed Santonio Practicing

They did a quick update on Jets and QB situation and showed Holmes running routes in 1 on 1 drills. Just an FYI.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we will have a good idea on Wednesday once the first injury report comes out...we really need all hands on deck

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    They did a quick update on Jets and QB situation and showed Holmes running routes in 1 on 1 drills. Just an FYI.
    He'll be a decoy for Revis and the 4.37 Steven Hill will get the ball deep for a TD. You heard it hear first folks.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Full speed?,3/4 speed or 1/2 speed full pads or shorts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    He'll be a decoy for Revis and the 4.37 Steven Hill will get the ball deep for a TD. You heard it hear first folks.
    I can't hear anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bucs are going to alternate Revis covering Hill, Holmes and Kerley in order to hide him. If Tone is smart he won't do this nonsense bs "I'm not ready yet" he will play immediately against the Bucs who have a garbage secondary outside of Revis and the Pats horrible secondary that can make any WR look like all-pro. Tone wants his next payday the best time to earn it for him will be early this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The Bucs are going to alternate Revis covering Hill, Holmes and Kerley in order to hide him. If Tone is smart he won't do this nonsense bs "I'm not ready yet" he will play immediately against the Bucs who have a garbage secondary outside of Revis and the Pats horrible secondary that can make any WR look like all-pro. Tone wants his next payday the best time to earn it for him will be early this season.
    And if he totally lights it up, NOT being 100% yet, how is that possibly a bad thing for him?!
    What happens when he DOES get to 100%?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cimini reported that holmes practed today and looked fine physically. He is on track to start week 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    And if he totally lights it up, NOT being 100% yet, how is that possibly a bad thing for him?!
    The first three pass defenses we face in the regular season are all terrible. Bucs were the worst pass defense last season yes they added Revis but he's one guy coming back from an ACL, any WR can look good against the Pats secondary and the Bills were horrific last season defending the pass. Tone's best move is to play right away and light it up statistically against those 3 teams and then he can fake an injury later in the year unless we're in the playoff hunt then he looks even more like a hero.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swear there is part of me that feels that Santonio just did not want to play with Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    The first three pass defenses we face in the regular season are all terrible. Bucs were the worst pass defense last season yes they added Revis but he's one guy coming back from an ACL, any WR can look good against the Pats secondary and the Bills were horrific last season defending the pass. Tone's best move is to play right away and light it up statistically against those 3 teams and then he can fake an injury later in the year unless we're in the playoff hunt then he looks even more like a hero.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He could have never been injured and it wouldn't scare an avg teams DBs.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I swear there is part of me that feels that Santonio just did not want to play with Sanchez.
    If or when he comes back....and it looks more and more like he is absolutely coming back....he will have returned from an injury NO OTHER ATHLETE HAS EVER RETURNED FROM...but here in SOJF and media circus land the guy was dogging it because he didn't want to practice in training camp and didn't like Sanchez.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Oh, yeah. I agree...

I must have misunderstood what you were saying. He should DEF play to start off if he can.
    And if he plays well (at 80% or whatever it is) it can only be a good thing for him. (and the Jets of course)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we all have that assumption. Holmes wants to win and I dont think he has any faith in Mark at all to be that man. Geno will take his lumps but he will move the ball better then Mark did IMO. To be fair though Im guess most of the WRs where Geno supporters in the lock room. Guys like Hill, Holmes, and Obo where obviously hitching their wagons onto Geno in camp IMO. Not that Sanchez was hated I just think there was very little confidence in him by this group. Geno will put up a low 80s QBR this year IMO and that will be better then anything we have seen in years. I dont expect Geno to blow it up but I think a lot of people will be eating their words in a few months. He will excel in an MM O and put up a ton of yardage making a lot of these WRs happy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, he just did not want to deal with camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part of me too

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. So if Rex didn't play Sanchez vs Giants Holmes would sit out until Geno started. Which possibly could be week 4,5 10, 14 or 2014?

Hilarious!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not even a joke. I almost agree.

I've never seen a player treated with less respect and the funny thing is is he's supposed to be a good person...human being wise, playing QB that's another story.

From Steve Smith.."MS can't throw me a sandwich" (or something like that).

Darrren Sharper (laughing).."He can't make all the throws...he can't make all the throws (twice)".

Bob Papa.."I mean sometimes you just want to ask MS, do you do this for a living?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Right. So if Rex didn't play Sanchez vs Giants Holmes would sit out until Geno started. Which possibly could be week 4,5 10, 14 or 2014?

Hilarious!
    And what's even more hilarious is there are people who agree with him . . .