View Poll Results: Should the Jets bring Leon back?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

54 65.85%
  • NO

28 34.15%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets worked out Leon Washington

yes, but his wife has to hold a press conference to publicly apologize to the team.

whilst wearing a t-shirt with the caption "Queen Thundercvnt" bedazzled in the front.

Undrafted Free Agent
    jetFan29 says bring him back

All Pro
    We really need more youth...esp at running back....but eh, what the hell!

STB (for short money)

Loved Leon when he was here....

Jets worked out Leon Washington

Pretty sure he also worked out for the Giants today. In the area why not workout for both.

Jets Insider VIP
    No

What the hell is this fanbases obsession with bringing back our former players?

Leon is over 30 and has been a shell of himself since breaking his leg. Let Gates/Goodson handle the kick returns.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No

Leon is over 30 and has been a shell of himself since breaking his leg. Let Gates/Goodson handle the kick returns.
    They have the jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No

Normally Id agree but you are talking about a guy who is still putting up good numbers in the return game and could fill a need IMO. He would fit the O we are running and may actually still have tread on his tires as he hasnt been used hard sense he left the JETS.

Worth the look in a work out. He wouldn't be the worst option for ST and some vet leadership in the RB group but I wouldn't lose sleep if we passed on him, either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Who would be cut to sign him? Alex Green?

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    we got a return guy...Gates.....and Goodson will also be a returner when he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    I always loved Leon, plus we do need a return guy, so I voted yes.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    this is the NFL they have enough veterans in the locker room....this talk about mentoring.....gimme a break....it's about youth and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    Also, need some good vets in the locker room to mentor the youngsters. Leon's certainly not a long term signing, but for this year, I personally believe he's a good signing. He's not a fair catch guy like what we have Ben seeing quite a bit of these days.

All Pro
    Probably only taking a look to see what they can find out about NE this year ...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    I vote yes too but theres also a reason why the Seahawks and Pats didnt want him anymore.
    They have punt returners. We haven't had one since...Leon Washington.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    we got a return guy...Gates.....and Goodson will also be a returner when he comes back.
    These are kick returners. Not punt returners. Do you not see there is a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pretty sure he also worked out for the Giants today. In the area why not workout for both.
    I'd HATE to see him as a Giant- that would be just as bad as the team he spent this preseason with.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    jetFan29 says bring him back
    Would Bilal Powell be willing to change his number?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Normally Id agree but you are talking about a guy who is still putting up good numbers in the return game and could fill a need IMO. He would fit the O we are running and may actually still have tread on his tires as he hasnt been used hard sense he left the JETS.
    But then it takes returns and RB reps away from the younger guys. We are in a rebuilding type year. We just went through a major youth movement. Let the young guys play so we can see what we have. Giving older players on the wrong side of their careers reps goes totally against what we're trying to do here and blocks us from seeing who's on this team next year and beyond.

LET THE YOUNG GUYS PLAY!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 09-05-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    If they did sign him, I would hope they would wait until after Week 1 and not give him a guaranteed contract.

The problem is, who do we cut? I understand Green is a good fit for the WCO, which is probably why he was signed him. And I can't see us cutting Goodson at this point.

Unless Rex is willing to sacrifice one of his beloved back-up CB's, I can't see us having room for Neon Leon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    yes, but his wife has to hold a press conference to publicly apologize to the team.

whilst wearing a t-shirt with the caption "Queen Thundercvnt" bedazzled in the front.
    +29

for not keeping his woman in line.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    But then it takes returns and RB reps away from the younger guys. We are in a rebuilding type year. We just went through a major youth movement. Let the young guys play so we can see what we have. Giving older players on the wrong side of their careers reps goes totally against what we're trying to do here and blocks us from seeing who's on this team next year and beyond.

LET THE YOUNG GUYS PLAY!
    Neither of the guys we had doing kick returns in preseason are even on the active roster. Powell also doesnt fit the team. Powell and Green are both 3rd year vets now with minimal up sides. The young guys will play but you need someone returning punts this team is a bit short handed. What you want Cro and Wilson doing it? Those are the KR guys right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Neither of the guys we had doing kick returns in preseason are even on the active roster. Powell also doesnt fit the team. Powell and Green are both 3rd year vets now with minimal up sides. The young guys will play but you need someone returning punts this team is a bit short handed. What you want Cro and Wilson doing it? Those are the KR guys right now.
    I tend to agree with you about Powell. I've never been a fan. His big year in college came against inferior competition ie. weak schedule.

With Ivory, Green, Bohanon, Leon and then Goodson (week 5), I would not have a problem with that. IMO Powell and Green are redundant and I wouldn't be surprised if Green is the better player.