View Poll Results: Should the Jets bring Leon back?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

54 65.85%
  • NO

28 34.15%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets worked out Leon Washington

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Green actually looked good him and Washington would be good in this system. If we sign Washington IMO it would likely mean we are thinking about cutting Goodson and wiping him off our FA pickups. Keller getting injured and Moore retiring are very bad if our GM was wanting those comp picks. If he can cut Goodson who is going to be useless till week 8-9 anyway he just may do it. That and it opens up a ST guy so we arent seeing Kerley on punts.
    Goodson just restructured so he isn't going anywhere. I like the idea of Leon coming back. He can play special teams and in this offense you need backs that can catch the ball. I think if you look at the other teams he was on it had more to do with the depth at RB that they had then anything else.

Bilal Powell reminds me of a young Leon Washington. Leon was arguably my favorite player when he was with us (Mayor Cotch, Leon, and Eric Barton)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    Bilal Powell reminds me of a young Leon Washington. Leon was arguably my favorite player when he was with us (Mayor Cotch, Leon, and Eric Barton)
    Sorry. Not even close.

I dont see that.

Undrafted Free Agent
    HELL YEAH! Bring Leon back! Are you kidding me?! Next to Revis, he was THE most exciting Jets player of recent memory. Every time he got the ball, the energy of the game exploded. He was a force of nature. So fun watching him play. Every kickoff return you really believed he could run it back for a TD. I was bummed after he was injured, and even more bummed when they let him go.

i don't care what the friggn Seahawks didn't see in him. i Would love to have the guy back on our team! BooYah!
    Last edited by greenmeanie; 09-06-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Bilal Powell reminds me of a young Leon Washington.
    Besides the fact they both wear (well Leon wore) #29, there isn't too much in common. Leon is only 5'7" and was one of the most exciting players to watch. Powell has improved a lot and is a valuable asset to our running game at this point no doubt but there's nothing particularly unique about him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Welp there goes that...

@AdamSchefter To bring their roster to 53 players, Patriots re-signed RB/KR Leon Washington, per NFL source.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzershot18 View Post
    Welp there goes that...

@AdamSchefter To bring their roster to 53 players, Patriots re-signed RB/KR Leon Washington, per NFL source.
    Nooooooo.....they should have brought back Timmy instead.

See???

I told you guys that Billy scans this board to find out which Jets he should sign/cut!

Ol Billy must be feeling like a true genius for letting Welker walk right about now... I'm sure Brady is thrilled as well. HAHAA!!

All Pro
    Welp there goes that...

That clears up the debate. It would obviouslyhave been a brilliant move to bring him in. One more reason to fire Rex/Idzick.

I don't care about Leon(well I do care about him, just not on the Jets). I want a real punt returner brought in, if we don't have one currently, and I've seen no evidence that we do have a legitimate prospect. All the whining about coaches, OLBs LG, safety, and RB. Positions that we have filled with numerous guys with potential, but no one complains about no punt returner, or a back that can pick up a blitz. Just reinforces my opinion that people around here talk a lot more than they think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Bruce Harper maybe but not Powell..

OK, so now we are getting somewhere. I debated endlessly so many twit posters here that argued how great Joe McKnight was and that he was the SAME as Leon Washington.

Now that McKnight has been exposed for the pile of sh*t he is, now you guys are talking up Leon? Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

I would love for the Jets to pick up Leon. Even if he's washed up, it is still better than the current talent we have on our team.

Welp there goes that...

Looks like Leon wanted to play with a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Who cares.
    This.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Looks like Leon wanted to play with a winner.
    We'll see Thursday how good their decision was. They already screwed up letting Wes Welker get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    OK, so now we are getting somewhere. I debated endlessly so many twit posters here that argued how great Joe McKnight was and that he was the SAME as Leon Washington.

Now that McKnight has been exposed for the pile of sh*t he is, now you guys are talking up Leon? Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

I would love for the Jets to pick up Leon. Even if he's washed up, it is still better than the current talent we have on our team.
    I always liked Leon more than McKnight.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post

I would like to see ONE post where someone said this.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Looks like Welker wanted to play with a winner.
    fixed