Thread: Geno Smith Doesn't Need to Watch Tape of Revis, Sanchez Told Him All About Him

Geno Smith Doesn't Need to Watch Tape of Revis, Sanchez Told Him All About Him

This has not been posted here? Didn't see it in a search.

I mean, I don't think it's necessary, Smith told the New York Daily News on Wednesday. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. You pretty much get the idea of what kind of player he is based on his reputation. I mean, we all know about Revis.
    Basically from talking to Mark [Sanchez], talking to our personnel guys around here. If you talk to anyone in this locker room they'll let you know [that a] healthy [Revis is] one of the best if not the best corner in the game. He's the guy you definitely have to pay attention to on the field.
    Is he super trolling the media?
    (Is he that smart?)

Revis also seemed to find it humorous when informed of a New York Daily News report that said Jets rookie quarterback Geno Smith hasn't studied any film of him.
    "I don't understand why he didn't study me because I will be on the opposite side," Revis said. "But I don't know what their game plan is or what their preparation is and personally, I don't know what Geno's preparation is. But I would hope that if you're playing against another opponent, you should study everybody on the opposing team. If that's the case, that's the case. I'm studying him. Just to let him know, I'm studying him. I guess we'll just leave it at that."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96...k-jets-secrets

Is this going to be his method of preparation for the whole season?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 09-08-2013 at 12:04 PM.

this has to be a joke/made up, right?

Right???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I think I found Geno's gameplan against Revis...

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this has to be a joke/made up, right?

Right???
    It's looking like Geno may be the joke.
    And not only is Geno not going to study Revis, he's just going to rely on what Mark Sanchez says about Revis? If these quotes hadn't been distributed by the Jets I wouldn't believe this is real life.
    "I mean, we all know about Revis," Smith said. "Basically from talking to Mark, talking to our personnel guys around here. If you talk to anyone in this locker room they'll let you know when healthy [Revis is] one of the best if not the best corner in the game. He's the guy you definitely have to pay attention to on the field."
    Is Geno joking? He must be joking but apparently he's just not. It's worth noting that Smith said he took upon himself to start watching a bunch of Buccaneers film in preparation for the upcoming Week 1 game. That's a good thing. But one of my biggest concerns would be Revis.
    Not sure how this story hasn't gotten more run (maybe actual football is the sideshow for the Jets circus?) but as you can imagine, word of this most ridiculous notion made its way to Revis.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...s-is-necessary
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 09-08-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Read that article earlier in the week and that sort of approach is what is going to separate him from elite QBs. This isn't college where he can just come in and lob it up to WRs who are 10x better than the crappy DBs failing to cover them. This is the NFL where there's ultimately a razor thin difference between the legends and the busts and the difference is work.

Unless he changes his tune you guys are going to be clamoring for Sanchez by week 6, just when he'll probably be healthy again...

Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Read that article earlier in the week and that sort of approach is what is going to separate him from elite QBs. This isn't college where he can just come in and lob it up to WRs who are 10x better than the crappy DBs failing to cover them. This is the NFL where there's ultimately a razor thin difference between the legends and the busts and the difference is work.

Unless he changes his tune you guys are going to be clamoring for Sanchez by week 6, just when he'll probably be healthy again...
    GFY you don't know shlt. Go to your circle jerk at pasts*fans... What are you doing on a Jets board on gameday, loser? Oh... Welker sure lit it up the other night eh?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post

Thanks for informing. You really felt the need to say this? What are you 12? As if everyone didn't know this. Can't wait for your next nugget. Next thing you'll tell us is that Geno will learn quickly that the Jets wear Green and White and not Yellow and Blue.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think Revis is going to find out that he is the enemy at MetLife. We don't care that he was a Jet in the past. He is now Mevis the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I think Revis is going to find out that he is the enemy at MetLife. We don't care that he was a Jet in the past. He is now Mevis the enemy.
    I really hope Hill burns him for a TD.