Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Rehobeth Beach B*&^%#S!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    You might if you go to Rahobuth Beach.
    Went to Ogunquit Maine many years ago.... about an hour in, I noticed the lack of females.

Funny how the brochures don't mention that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Anyone care to share interesting things to do, good places to eat and drink? Any good or bad experiences with the spas there? Taking the wife for a pedicure, haircut, whatever she wants. There are more than a few or you that have highlights, I'm guessing. Maybe even a couple that aren't Rats* fans.

Thank you and GFY in advance.
    When are you going and where are you staying? Its a gay friendly town, but not overwhelming so unless you are ridiculously homophobic and are grossed out by an occasional male couple holding hands, its not really an issue.

As others have suggested, Dogfish Head is a can't miss. But, beware...the wait can be brutal, even in the offseason. Plan on either going early or putting your name down and walking around.

Can miss restaurant - Henlopen Oyster House. Also can be a long wait, so plan on putting your name down and walking around. Blue Moon is another favorite - its attached to a gay bar but is a good upscale spot. Eden is also a good spot. If you want sushi, check out Stingray or Cultured Pearl. Also, you need to have a Nicoboli at Nicola's Pizza. Like a calzone, but better.

Stay away from Ocean City unless you want a scuzzy beach town line with ugly high rises. If you want to see another nice town, check out Lewes 15 minutes away. And on the way to Lewes is 3-4 sets of outlets - perfect for distracting your wife while you watch 5 hours of football if you are so inclined. Rehoboth Ale House is a good place to do that.

Great independent bookstore called Browseabout - great for kids and adults. Stay away from Café a Go Go. They threw my wife out for accidentally spilling her coffee. Spit on their window for me, will ya? Go to the coffee mill for good coffee.

Let me know if you have any specific questions - We have a house there so I'm down there a good part of the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Went to Ogunquit Maine many years ago.... about an hour in, I noticed the lack of females.

Thats the story you're going with?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Yeah, and I know why.

"We would love to hire you Mr. Hooked, but it seems you once goggled a ghey beach.

Siiiigh. You know you're way out."

-
    you forgot the rest of it: excuse us if we don't shake your hand.
    Last edited by quantum; 09-06-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

S
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    +1. Of course for the beer, but also for the burger. Usually a burger is a burger, but this is something special.

Goes great after the Man Dance.
    That's awesome because you ain't kidding. One of the first signs you see heading into town.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Thats the story you're going with?
    Was that you putting on the lobster bib with your partner?

All League
    Please change thread title to "Welcome to Rehoboth Beach".

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    When are you going and where are you staying? Its a gay friendly town, but not overwhelming so unless you are ridiculously homophobic and are grossed out by an occasional male couple holding hands, its not really an issue.

As others have suggested, Dogfish Head is a can't miss. But, beware...the wait can be brutal, even in the offseason. Plan on either going early or putting your name down and walking around.

Can miss restaurant - Henlopen Oyster House. Also can be a long wait, so plan on putting your name down and walking around. Blue Moon is another favorite - its attached to a gay bar but is a good upscale spot. Eden is also a good spot. If you want sushi, check out Stingray or Cultured Pearl. Also, you need to have a Nicoboli at Nicola's Pizza. Like a calzone, but better.

Stay away from Ocean City unless you want a scuzzy beach town line with ugly high rises. If you want to see another nice town, check out Lewes 15 minutes away. And on the way to Lewes is 3-4 sets of outlets - perfect for distracting your wife while you watch 5 hours of football if you are so inclined. Rehoboth Ale House is a good place to do that.

Great independent bookstore called Browseabout - great for kids and adults. Stay away from Café a Go Go. They threw my wife out for accidentally spilling her coffee. Spit on their window for me, will ya? Go to the coffee mill for good coffee.

Let me know if you have any specific questions - We have a house there so I'm down there a good part of the summer.
    Co-sign.

Zebra Restaurant is one of the better, but pricier, places in town. Great italian food is hard to come by down there but I think that place is totally worth it.

Shore break Lodge is a real good place for some apps and drinks. Tell them I sent you. Also, Fins has the best happy hour during summer for fresh/cheapest oysters and drinks, not sure you can catch the tail end of that.

Kohr Brothers for custard, DO IT!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Common, evreryone know that line from Brokeback Mountain:

"I can't Ogonquit you"

All Pro
    Watch out for the hoboth. Both of them.
    They'll jump on that second to last box car to the beach, fall off and try to get back on.
    That's why they are Rehoboth.

yes I have been drinking a lot

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Co-sign.

Zebra Restaurant is one of the better, but pricier, places in town. Great italian food is hard to come by down there but I think that place is totally worth it.

Shore break Lodge is a real good place for some apps and drinks. Tell them I sent you. Also, Fins has the best happy hour during summer for fresh/cheapest oysters and drinks, not sure you can catch the tail end of that.

Kohr Brothers for custard, DO IT!
    Zebra?.???? Fuk that place. I had a rock in my food there and cracked my tooth and the owner wanted me to still pay for my meal. I literally almost got into a fight with the guy in the dining room. Sorry Cap, gotta disagree with you there.

Where is Shore Break Lodge? I don't think I know it unless I'm just drawing a blank. Fins I heartily agree with.

And if you want to play golf at Nick Mangolds favorite course.....head to Baywood Greens. There used to be a JI special there.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Zebra?.???? Fuk that place. I had a rock in my food there and cracked my tooth and the owner wanted me to still pay for my meal. I literally almost got into a fight with the guy in the dining room. Sorry Cap, gotta disagree with you there.

Where is Shore Break Lodge? I don't think I know it unless I'm just drawing a blank. Fins I heartily agree with.

And if you want to play golf at Nick Mangolds favorite course.....head to Baywood Greens. There used to be a JI special there.
    I think you have told me that story before, oh well. It's OK, plenty of other places to eat though.

Shore Break is 134 steps from the ocean, on Wilmington Ave a block over from the main strip. A friend bought the space about 2 years ago and is doing pretty well with it.

We should hold the JI annual golf outing at Baywood.