Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Somebody please explain to me

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Yeah and the 8-8 recovery from a 1-8 start wasn't incredible either, right? Vinny's Achilles' ruined the best chance this team has had to win a Super Bowl since Namath. It's that simple. You apparently.
    Did they win the SB?...Then it wasn't an accomplishment at all. Actually I think it was decided that getting to the SB was the benchmark. Whatever it was that was one more game than Rex was an accomplishment. I think that's the way they judge things around here. If Rex wins a SB then it will automatically be 2 SBs for it to be considered a success.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 09-06-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You can predict a QBs potential in one year. Also with the little amount of money we're paying him we could start Geno with Bridgwater on the bench, or let them compete for the job. I don't get all the rules you people insist on forcing on yourselves. If Rex is fired then it really won't matter because the defense will be set back years at least. Short sighted, compartmentalized, emotional "thinkers" really make me laugh. They always seem to be the most adamant, and the loudest also no matter how many times they're wrong they never lose faith in their ignorance.
    Defensive coordinator is not the same as a head coach. It's impossible to discuss with anybody who refuses to differentiate the two. Rex is the BEST defensive coordinator in the NFL. However, just like his dad, it does not make him a great head coach. Buddy Ryan was a piss-poor head coach, but was the architect of the greatest defense in NFL history.

Rex idolizes him. It's right in his book. You cannot wash your hands of crappy offensive play because you are a defensive guy. Vice-versa applies as well.

I cannot deny that Rex is an incredible DC. However, he will never be a solid HC unless he can fully hand the reigns to somebody like Mike Pettine and learn about offense, too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Defensive coordinator is not the same as a head coach. It's impossible to discuss with anybody who refuses to differentiate the two. Rex is the BEST defensive coordinator in the NFL. However, just like his dad, it does not make him a great head coach. Buddy Ryan was a piss-poor head coach, but was the architect of the greatest defense in NFL history.

Rex idolizes him. It's right in his book. You cannot wash your hands of crappy offensive play because you are a defensive guy. Vice-versa applies as well.

I cannot deny that Rex is an incredible DC. However, he will never be a solid HC unless he can fully hand the reigns to somebody like Mike Pettine and learn about offense, too.
    More arbitrary rules. Who says? Did Bill Walsh stop coaching offense, and start concentrating on defense?