Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JetsInsider Football Hour on ESPN Radio LI starting tomorrow at 9AM

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

JetsInsider Football Hour on ESPN Radio LI starting tomorrow at 9AM

We will be doing a weekly Friday Football Hour on the brand new ESPN Radio LI affiliate starting tomorrow at 9AM.

Those on LI who haven't heard about this new station please check out their website (http://championsradio.com).

There are two stations that cover from Huntington to Montauk (96.9 and 107.1). Right now, they do their own morning show which we will participate in each Friday and the rest of the day they simulcast ESPN NY. They also have all Jets, Knicks and Rangers games.

Please tune in via the radio or stream. Also, give us a call!

Jets Insider VIP
    very cool

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Should be fun.

Hall Of Fame
    ESPN? Mojo and Deegs going to the dark side.

BSPN, say it ain't so !!!!!!!!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    On the air now.

http://championsradio.com/

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow, I got it online now. Can listen while posting. Good job Sean. Good luck with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Missed it

Is there a stream where I can listen now and catch the show?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Missed it

Is there a stream where I can listen now and catch the show?
    http://championsradio.com/ and click on Listen Live.

Good luck guys. Enjoy your weekly podcasts.

It's nice to see this getting some local radio air time, but I'm going to have a difficult time convincing myself to tune in again after the last podcast started with:

"The season is finally here, let's talk about the Jets and their sham of a QB competition."

The shock-jock host put just as much an unwarranted negative spin on everything as the mainstream radio shows do. I listened for 5 minutes then I turned it off. I was expecting a lot more insight given that it's produced/sponsored by a fan-run website. Sean you even sounded a bit taken aback by that opener as well so I'm hopeful it was just an out of the ordinary piece.

I hope to give the show another listen sometime and hopefully have my impression reversed.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Here's the link to the two segments on ESPN Radio this morning for those who missed it. Bring on the critique. (I know I speak too fast and say Ummm... and "you know" too much. working on it...lol)

http://championsradio.com/morning-dr...tsinsider-com/

http://championsradio.com/9-6-13-sean-deegan-pt-2/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Here's the link to the two segments on ESPN Radio this morning for those who missed it. Bring on the critique. (I know I speak too fast and say Ummm... and "you know" too much. working on it...lol)

http://championsradio.com/morning-dr...tsinsider-com/

http://championsradio.com/9-6-13-sean-deegan-pt-2/
    Is the voice that sounds like McGlovin you....LOL j/k

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    It's nice to see this getting some local radio air time, but I'm going to have a difficult time convincing myself to tune in again after the last podcast started with:

"The season is finally here, let's talk about the Jets and their sham of a QB competition."

The shock-jock host put just as much an unwarranted negative spin on everything as the mainstream radio shows do. I listened for 5 minutes then I turned it off. I was expecting a lot more insight given that it's produced/sponsored by a fan-run website. Sean you even sounded a bit taken aback by that opener as well so I'm hopeful it was just an out of the ordinary piece.

I hope to give the show another listen sometime and hopefully have my impression reversed.
    Was just going to post something to the same effect. "Mojo" is somewhat delusional (and he LOVES to hear himself talk. My god, muzzle him a bit, Sean) as far at the QB competition goes. What did he expect or hope for? The only way Sanchez deserves to start is if he blew the doors off in training camp. He failed to do that. If anything, Geno was the one who was short-shrifted in this competition. Ridiculous.

Hall Of Fame
    shevys, I don't think that was Mojo. And in the opening the host said that he did not think the Jets were anywhere near as bad as the perception is. Not sure if that is what you were referring to or if you were just speaking in general.

Sean, just listened to the segments. Great job. You have been steadily improving since you started JIR last year. I did notice the ahhs, ums and you knows. Fatty says that goes away with time so I think you will be alright.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    shevys, I don't think that was Mojo. And in the opening the host said that he did not think the Jets were anywhere near as bad as the perception is. Not sure if that is what you were referring to or if you were just speaking in general.
    No, it was definitely Mojo (you aren't Mojo, are you?? ). I'm listening to it right now and if you listened a bit later in the podcast, Sean called him out to ask him exactly what he meant by calling it a sham of a competition. Mojo hemmed and hawed about it (and whined about Sanchez not having a fair shot all show long) but ultimately couldn't articulate why it was a sham.

IMHO, if anything they gave Sanchez too much of a chance this offseason. I'm one of the last ones off the Sanchez bandwagon but he just needs to go. Damaged goods.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    (you aren't Mojo, are you?? ).
    Nice one. No I am not.

But I am glad you have come around on Sanchez. How long till you come around on Rex?

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Is the voice that sounds like McGlovin you....LOL j/k
    I'M HURT, DOG! I'M HURT! DON'T ASK ME IF I'M ALRIGHT!

#yoloswag

I listen to 5 jet podcasts. So this is the show where the one guy was an angry Sanchez apologist and called Geno a shorter or taller Jamarcus Russell and said he stinks already based on 3 qtrs. I deleted the podcast off my phone. I take back my last post. I was thinking of a different podcast. Talk about biased. Where you wearing a diaper when talking.... wah wah wah!!!. All he had to do is not turn the ball over in the first 2 games and he starts the Giant game and is the starter week 1 but HE played like he alway does. He has know one to blame but himself. His daddy, Rex, wanted to give him the start but he blew it. Might as well get it over with and move forward.

ABS... ANYTHING BUT SANCHEZ
    Last edited by Sec340; 09-06-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nice one. No I am not.

But I am glad you have come around on Sanchez. How long till you come around on Rex?
    I wish that Rex had been part of the purge this past offseason TBH. I understand why they kept him, but to me he thinks too small in the football-picture world. Too many Rex decisions left me with my head scratching, and he's loyal to a fault that hurts the team. If he can turn this team around this season and get 9 wins or better I think he's ok to stay, but if not then time to cut bait. And if we bomb badly (1-5, 2-6 type start) I'm all for firing him mid-season.