Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woody's letter to STH and all Jet fans

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody's letter to STH and all Jet fans

Woody tries...but its no use....very lame letter to STH

September 5, 2013

Dear.......

Over the past few days we have finalized the opening day roster and depth chart for your 2013 New York Jets. This team has been forged by competition and, as you’ll see for yourself at MetLife Stadium, every player has grit, energy, and determination.

Whether you’ve been a Jets Season Ticket Holder for one season or fifty, the entire Jets organization values and appreciates your loyalty. Your dedication drives our commitment to constant improvement and our singular mission – winning.

The start of the 2013 season gives us the opportunity to put this commitment on full display. Every man who takes the field this year in a Jets uniform will have the skills, discipline, and competitiveness needed to deliver on our mission. Our team will be guided by strong and consistent leadership. You’ll see us focus on the fundamentals and play with toughness and intensity on every down. We’re determined to win and know that nothing less is acceptable.

The past two seasons have been very frustrating. You demand and deserve better, and we’re dedicated to fielding a competitive team that will make you proud. So all of us are pushing forward without looking back.

Our single goal is a Jets team with a foundation for long-term, consistent success. Short-term fixes are not good for the team or our fans.

You also expect a great fan experience on Jets gamedays. You’ve told us that you really value the weekly, multi-generational fan rituals that can only be experienced live at MetLife Stadium. My personal commitment to you is that a Jets gameday will always be a special experience – one where memories are made with friends, family, and fellow fans.

This year, there are a host of new experiences that will make gameday at the Stadium even better. If you’ve been to our preseason games you’ve seen some, but not all, of these improvements. There are still a few special surprises to reveal, so be sure to be in your seat well before the opening kickoff this Sunday for the home opener.

This season, like all seasons, is an important one for the New York Jets. We will match your commitment to us with that same level of commitment in return: a focus on fundamentals, discipline, and hard work, done together. We are one united organization, just like you are one united fan base. We’re ready to compete on the field and want you – and all of Jets Nation – on our side. Together, we’ll get the Jets on the right path for the long term. You deserve it and we demand it.

On behalf of General Manager John Idzik, Head Coach Rex Ryan, team President Neil Glat, our 53-man roster, and all of the other great people in our organization, let me close by saying that I’m looking forward to seeing – and hearing – you at the Stadium this season!

New York Jets | 1 Jets Drive, Florham Park, NJ 07932 | 800-469-5387

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets Jets Jets?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice letter. Nothing wrong with it at all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My response to him..... please sell the Jets to owner who is more interested in wiinning and setting up a football organization like the Roonies, Mara's and Robert Kraft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The words. ..... Without looking back........ Sound like directed at Sanchez.

YET...the words not a short term fix ......seem to contradict many of the moves we believe we're orchestrated by Woody.

Sanchez and Tebow, have Woody written all over them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does Neil Glat get mentioned with the football people?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets gotta have the worst fanbase in football.
    Some of these people calling themselves "Jets fans" should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm a total azshole and even I can see that clear as day! Go "root" for another team and make THEM look bad... PLEASE.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. Horrible fan base that forked up millions of dollars for PSLs. Get a clue. The fan base deserves a better team, not the other way around.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can think of a lot of teams that have been much worse than the Jets over the years...
    I've never seen anything like the stupidity shown from a lot of the fanbase over this offseason.
    People need to step into reality.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the message Mr. Johnson and look foward to a new season of winning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I can think of a lot of teams that have been much worse than the Jets over the years...
    I've never seen anything like the stupidity shown from a lot of the fanbase over this offseason.
    People need to step into reality.
    You are talking about a small sample size of people the post on a message board and call in to talk radio. The fan base is exponentially larger than that.

Yes, some teams have had it worse but that doesn't mean we should settle. If we are not trying to be better than anybody then what is the point. I hate that argument, it is a loser mentality IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah. Horrible fan base that forked up millions of dollars for PSLs. Get a clue. The fan base deserves a better team, not the other way around.
    No, you're wrong. It works both ways. All fans pay and invest into the team, doesn't mean they have to be self-entitled *******s. And don't speak about forking up money when you've only forked up very little in your young life, you wouldn't know either way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That's YOUR fault. YOU bought the goods. I have no sympathy for those people. They choose to spend hard earned money on football and not other things that may be more important.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's YOUR fault. YOU bought the goods. I have no sympathy for those people. They choose to spend hard earned money on football and not other things that may be more important.
    Not asking for your sympathy or that of anybody. The new stadium allowed me for the first time since 1977 when I got my first season tickets at Shea to escape from the crappy upper deck into some great seats on the LSL. Sure, I bought the PSL but I could afford it and am thankful that it cleared out those great seat opportunities for me. Thanks, Mr Johnson

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    No, you're wrong. It works both ways. All fans pay and invest into the team, doesn't mean they have to be self-entitled *******s. And don't speak about forking up money when you've only forked up very little in your young life, you wouldn't know either way.
    LOL. Like you know what I or anybody else forks up. Stop making assumptions and stick to what you are good at, whining about the media and the fan base. You might expose them.

Where did I say that you should feel sorry for anybody? But when people invest anything in something, whether it is time, money or emotions, they have expectations. Some expect more, some expect less.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please sell the team Woody, you are a fraud.........

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my 30+ years of being a Jets' fan I do not believe I have ever gone into a season this hopeless.
    Rex is a mess. Our rookie QB has barely played a pre-season game. Everyone I talk too talks about how bad the Jets are going to be and how much they think Rex is an ____ . I have never felt this hopeless entering a season. Perhaps that is the Jets best chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    In my 30+ years of being a Jets' fan I do not believe I have ever gone into a season this hopeless.
    Rex is a mess. Our rookie QB has barely played a pre-season game. Everyone I talk too talks about how bad the Jets are going to be and how much they think Rex is an ____ . I have never felt this hopeless entering a season. Perhaps that is the Jets best chance.
    Kotite year 2 is #1 but this is #2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    Not even during the Kotite years?

We are nowhere bad as the media is portraying (ESPN has us 32nd). On paper we are probably somewhere in the mid-20s in terms of ranking and that is largely due to the QB situation. The good news is that the games are not played on paper. There are a lot of proud players in that locker room. Hopefully Rex can use all this as a motivational tool and the team galvanizes.