Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woody's letter to STH and all Jet fans

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. Like you know what I or anybody else forks up. Stop making assumptions and stick to what you are good at, whining about the media and the fan base. You might expose them.

Where did I say that you should feel sorry for anybody? But when people invest anything in something, whether it is time, money or emotions, they have expectations. Some expect more, some expect less.
    I'm good at exposing smarmy know-it-alls who have an answer for everything, despite not having a clue. Don't speak for the people who actually have invested a lot to the sport and the team.

It's a sport, fans shouldn't feel entitled to anything, there are no guarantees in competition, yet some fans think it is their God given right to expect a SB and if it doesn't happen, every year, it's fire and trade everybody, it's beyond stupid and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    In my 30+ years of being a Jets' fan I do not believe I have ever gone into a season this hopeless.
    Rex is a mess. Our rookie QB has barely played a pre-season game. Everyone I talk too talks about how bad the Jets are going to be and how much they think Rex is an ____ . I have never felt this hopeless entering a season. Perhaps that is the Jets best chance.
    30+ years and Rex is a mess?

Either you're lying or have short term memory loss.

You're waaaaaayyyy overstating the doom and gloom for this year's team, this team does have some potential, some promise. We aren't a favorite, not yet, but there is a lot to be excited about as the team is going through a transition, they are younger, have improved the talent, but they are raw, it's not out of the question the team can compete for a playoff spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I'm good at exposing smarmy know-it-alls who have an answer for everything, despite not having a clue. Don't speak for the people who actually have invested a lot to the sport and the team.

It's a sport, fans shouldn't feel entitled to anything, there are no guarantees in competition, yet some fans think it is their God given right to expect a SB and if it doesn't happen, every year, it's fire and trade everybody, it's beyond stupid and pathetic.
    Stupid and pathetic. Two things you know a lot about.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Kotite year 2 is #1 but this is #2.
    A few Walton years were pretty bad too. Not sure why..but I don't feel as bad as last year. On paper...we are better than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I can think of a lot of teams that have been much worse than the Jets over the years...
    I've never seen anything like the stupidity shown from a lot of the fanbase over this offseason.
    People need to step into reality.
    Agreed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    A few Walton years were pretty bad too. Not sure why..but I don't feel as bad as last year. On paper...we are better than last year.
    On paper we have won 16 superbowls

Coslets teams weren't exactly a day at the beach

Stupid and pathetic. Two things you know a lot about.
    With your ilk on this board, there is a lot of it.

With your ilk on this board, there is a lot of it.
    RayRay--whats your prediction this year? Last year, based on your insightful analysis, you had us making the playoffs. Do tell?

I remember the Kotite years and its not even close. Think about it. With all the negative publicity does the media know more we do???? Do they know X's and O's any fat overweight guy who got cut by the highschool football team can say anything behind a microphone......Its really simple: ITS NY. We sucked last year. The media continues the tear us down because we are not winning..in NY. They booed Mickey Mantle in this town. Its always been this way. Win and all this will go away...simple as that. That being said the media cant control what we do on the field. We win it all and ill bet my bank account theyll kiss our asses...I hope that day comes...so Rex can come out and answer every question with "we won what more is there" lol. I'm sorry for not mailing in the season...buts it the NFL ANYTHING can happen. And these "experts" have been wrong before....if I was wrong 90 percent of the time at my job...Id be fired. Thats why I say: Sportswriter is the easiest job in the world...Team wins: Feel good story and people read. Team Loses: create controversy, fire up the masses, get personal, make up stories..People read. even if its wrong. As long as people pay attention to them they Win.

I'm good at exposing smarmy know-it-alls who have an answer for everything, despite not having a clue.
    Proper comma usage is important.

Yeah. Horrible fan base that forked up millions of dollars for PSLs. Get a clue. The fan base deserves a better team, not the other way around.
    Boo f***king hoo SAR II. I've been going to games with my father since I was a little kid and I don't b*tch half as much as some people here. You deciding to spend YOUR money doesn't entitle you to jack-sh*t. Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of teams and fans who have it worse than us. What? You think putting money down for season tickets is like putting down a preorder for a Super Bowl. Do you think that because YOU paid for tickets at some point in your life you are gauranteed a championship? The only thing your money gaurantees you is the luxury of watching an NFL game live and up close.

Our fanbase is one the dumbest fanbases in sports. You're talking about the same fans who cheered an injury to their own starting qaurterback and think that Matt Simms is the best qb on this roster. Cry me a f'ng river and get over this "we deserve" bs. Don't like paying for tickets? Then sell em. Never understood morons who consciously make the decision to buy tickets and then complain when they aren't the lone team to win the Super Bowl.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Boo f***king hoo SAR II. I've been going to games with my father since I was a little kid and I don't b*tch half as much as some people here. You deciding to spend YOUR money doesn't entitle you to jack-sh*t. Contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of teams and fans who have it worse than us. What? You think putting money down for season tickets is like putting down a preorder for a Super Bowl. Do you think that because YOU paid for tickets at some point in your life you are gauranteed a championship? The only thing your money gaurantees you is the luxury of watching an NFL game live and up close.

Our fanbase is one the dumbest fanbases in sports. You're talking about the same fans who cheered an injury to their own starting qaurterback and think that Matt Simms is the best qb on this roster. Cry me a f'ng river and get over this "we deserve" bs. Don't like paying for tickets? Then sell em. Never understood morons who consciously make the decision to buy tickets and then complain when they aren't the lone team to win the Super Bowl.
    Plus a billion

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebet Crunch View Post
    In my 30+ years of being a Jets' fan I do not believe I have ever gone into a season this hopeless.
    Rex is a mess. Our rookie QB has barely played a pre-season game. Everyone I talk too talks about how bad the Jets are going to be and how much they think Rex is an ____ . I have never felt this hopeless entering a season. Perhaps that is the Jets best chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Kotite year 2 is #1 but this is #2.
    Aye, Kotite Year 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    Proper comma usage is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post

Fans are entitled to the loser mentality of being satisfied with not being the worst. Just like they are entitled to feel like they deserve more than mediocrity. I never said a PSL entitles me to guaranteed championships but feel free to keep inventing arguments if it makes you feel better about your position.

You "veteran fans" claim to know something about the fan base but the truth is you know nothing b.c if you were paying attention to the majority of fans during you 30 or 40 years of going to games you would realize that we have one of the most loyal fan bases in the sport. Our fan base is great. I don't care what an outlying segment says or does. But just like it is your right to be happy with mediocrity it is also your right to stereotype your fellow fans. Have fun.

Practice Squad
    Yeah. Horrible fan base that forked up millions of dollars for PSLs. Get a clue. The fan base deserves a better team, not the other way around.
    We are a frustrated fan base. With good reason. Lets not go into the history of all this but it is not just about losing. How many of us old timers liked being tenants in Giants Stadium? We still are.

Its bad decisions like that which have accumulated over the years.

Only a SB win will bury those demons permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    We are a frustrated fan base. With good reason. Lets not go into the history of all this but it is not just about losing. How many of us old timers liked being tenants in Giants Stadium? We still are.

Its bad decisions like that which have accumulated over the years.

Only a SB win will bury those demons permanently.
    Agreed and well said. These "younger fans"...VT and later haven't a clue and they get on us for being SOJF's.

Realistically...this team has more money than almost all other teams and has done squat with it. POOR Management will hurt everything.

Folks who bought Mezz B PSLs and Mezz Club PSLs are on the verge of suicide. We need a winning team!!!! NOW

Hall Of Fame
    Agreed and well said. These "younger fans"...VT and later haven't a clue and they get on us for being SOJF's.

Realistically...this team has more money than almost all other teams and has done squat with it. POOR Management will hurt everything.
    Which is why I think it is fair to knock Woody. Just b.c he is willing to spend money does not make him a good owner. Who he hires to run the team and how they spend the money and picks is what matters. Even though I think it is pretty telling that he had to hire a search firm I do have to praise him for at least being aware that he was incapable of making the decision on his own. And maybe that is the first sign that he is improving.

Not one person I have spoken to with a PSL expected 40 years of winning b.c they bought a PSL. Everyone understands that in the NFL you are going to have some down years. What bothers people the most is not WHAT has happened but rather HOW it has happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    Which is why I think it is fair to knock Woody. Just b.c he is willing to spend money does not make him a good owner. Who he hires to run the team and how they spend the money and picks is what matters. Even though I think it is pretty telling that he had to hire a search firm I do have to praise him for at least being aware that he was incapable of making the decision on his own. And maybe that is the first sign that he is improving.

Not one person I have spoken to with a PSL expected 40 years of winning b.c they bought a PSL. Everyone understands that in the NFL you are going to have some down years. What bothers people the most is not WHAT has happened but rather HOW it has happened.
    Woody got us Farve and we committed to winning now. He took a shot with Rex and a team of very good older players. We got into the playoff etc but just didn't have quite enough to go to the SB.

We have to rebuild now and Woody is committed to that.