Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woody's letter to STH and all Jet fans

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you guys think this is even top 10 of some of the Jets most hopeless seasons, well let's just say maybe I'm one of the old ones here or just one that seems to still have my memory. This season isn't even close to how bad it can and has been.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Woody got us Farve and we committed to winning now. He took a shot with Rex and a team of very good older players. We got into the playoff etc but just didn't have quite enough to go to the SB.

We have to rebuild now and Woody is committed to that.
    I hold out hope that this is true...only because he invested his time and dollars to that search firm to find the right candidate for GM, and it looks like so far he has given Idzik full autonomy in fixing this mess from the signings and draft picks all the way down to patching up the leaks to the media.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    If you guys think this is even top 10 of some of the Jets most hopeless seasons, well let's just say maybe I'm one of the old ones here or just one that seems to still have my memory. This season isn't even close to how bad it can and has been.
    this

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an older fan, I think I speak for the majority of long time fans in swing that a season

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Nice letter. Nothing wrong with it at all.
    Just this part because its going to more embarassing Nets type game day

This year, there are a host of new experiences that will make gameday at the Stadium even better. If you’ve been to our preseason games you’ve seen some, but not all, of these improvements. There are still a few special surprises to reveal, so be sure to be in your seat well before the opening kickoff this Sunday for the home opener.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    As an older fan, I think I speak for the majority of long time fans in swing that a season
    Had a senior moment there, it's better to enter a season with few expectations then expect a good season and finish 4-12.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    Woody tries...but its no use....very lame letter to STH

September 5, 2013

Dear.......

Over the past few days we have finalized the opening day roster and depth chart for your 2013 New York Jets. This team has been forged by competition and, as you’ll see for yourself at MetLife Stadium, every player has grit, energy, and determination.

Whether you’ve been a Jets Season Ticket Holder for one season or fifty, the entire Jets organization values and appreciates your loyalty. Your dedication drives our commitment to constant improvement and our singular mission – winning.

The start of the 2013 season gives us the opportunity to put this commitment on full display. Every man who takes the field this year in a Jets uniform will have the skills, discipline, and competitiveness needed to deliver on our mission. Our team will be guided by strong and consistent leadership. You’ll see us focus on the fundamentals and play with toughness and intensity on every down. We’re determined to win and know that nothing less is acceptable.

The past two seasons have been very frustrating. You demand and deserve better, and we’re dedicated to fielding a competitive team that will make you proud. So all of us are pushing forward without looking back.

Our single goal is a Jets team with a foundation for long-term, consistent success. Short-term fixes are not good for the team or our fans.

You also expect a great fan experience on Jets gamedays. You’ve told us that you really value the weekly, multi-generational fan rituals that can only be experienced live at MetLife Stadium. My personal commitment to you is that a Jets gameday will always be a special experience – one where memories are made with friends, family, and fellow fans.

This year, there are a host of new experiences that will make gameday at the Stadium even better. If you’ve been to our preseason games you’ve seen some, but not all, of these improvements. There are still a few special surprises to reveal, so be sure to be in your seat well before the opening kickoff this Sunday for the home opener.

This season, like all seasons, is an important one for the New York Jets. We will match your commitment to us with that same level of commitment in return: a focus on fundamentals, discipline, and hard work, done together. We are one united organization, just like you are one united fan base. We’re ready to compete on the field and want you – and all of Jets Nation – on our side. Together, we’ll get the Jets on the right path for the long term. You deserve it and we demand it.

On behalf of General Manager John Idzik, Head Coach Rex Ryan, team President Neil Glat, our 53-man roster, and all of the other great people in our organization, let me close by saying that I’m looking forward to seeing – and hearing – you at the Stadium this season!

New York Jets | 1 Jets Drive, Florham Park, NJ 07932 | 800-469-5387

I feel like I just got a handjob from an ugly girl, and she didn't even finish me off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yippee Another Stadium Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    How many of us old timers liked being tenants in Giants Stadium? We still are.
    Sorry that's a loser sentiment, the kind that people who don't go to games say.
    Shea was a awful place for football and the city let the Mets crap on the Jets every year in some way shape or form.
    Moving to a better football site allowed 20K more fans to see a game properly and tailgate without brown paper bags on their adult beverages.

Unlike just about every other team in the league the corrupt/pc political environment most people here likely voted for prevented
    the Jets from getting the venue they desired and deserved, in Manhattan. So you get the compromise you deserve.
    Unlike others, I never had a complex about sharing a stadium, but in the new place I dare you, try and find Giants anything in the
    stadium on Jets game days.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely right!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Sorry that's a loser sentiment, the kind that people who don't go to games say.
    Shea was a awful place for football and the city let the Mets crap on the Jets every year in some way shape or form.
    Moving to a better football site allowed 20K more fans to see a game properly and tailgate without brown paper bags on their adult beverages.

Unlike just about every other team in the league the corrupt/pc political environment most people here likely voted for prevented
    the Jets from getting the venue they desired and deserved, in Manhattan. So you get the compromise you deserve.
    Unlike others, I never had a complex about sharing a stadium, but in the new place I dare you, try and find Giants anything in the
    stadium on Jets game days.
    The Giants share a stadium with the JETS!

There is no more Giants Stadium. It was torn down a long time ago.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    Coslets teams weren't exactly a day at the beach
    Coslett..... What a clown. my memory erased him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kotite was a mess, but as a Jets fan, I believe in the impossible every year. I have never ever felt ashamed to be a Jets fan. The Jets lost, but that was life. This year I was almost to the point of feeling ashamed of the lack of character in some of the team and just some of the things that have happened in the past couple years. Ex. Tomlinson saying it was the worse clubhouse he had ever seen, the QB debacle last year, Santonio Holmes pouting and mysterious injuries. It's all for not now - let's have a good season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed this season pales in comparison to the '89, '95 & '96 season. Also, fans have a tendency to piggy back on what the media says, so when the media claims we are the worst team in the league....everyone else has a tendency to take that as fact as well. I'm not saying that this is a playoff team either, but I'd be very surprised if we have the worst record in the NFL this year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The words. ..... Without looking back........ Sound like directed at Sanchez.

YET...the words not a short term fix ......seem to contradict many of the moves we believe we're orchestrated by Woody.

Sanchez and Tebow, have Woody written all over them.
    Not to mention the signing that started the downfall. The Santonio Holmes' $24M guaranteed contract to a self centered bum, who hasn't done anything since.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 09-07-2013 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Typo