View Poll Results: If the Jets go 8-8 but miss the playoffs does Rex keep his job?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 67.92%
  • No

17 32.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If the Jets go 8-8 but miss the playoffs does Rex keep his job?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If the Jets go 8-8 but miss the playoffs does Rex keep his job?

Yes or No?

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes

If they're competitive in the losses, yes.

#yoloswag

All Pro
    I voted yes, but it depends on how the team closes out the season.

The final record is not as important as the way the team is playing in the final half/quarter of the season. Do they end on a positive note where the young players are developing and clearly growing? Do they end on a negative note where Rex has once again lost the locker room?

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, as long as the Defense looks good and is getting better. The Offense is on Idzik and Mornhinweg.

If the Jets go 8-8 Rex deserves to be Coach of the Year and gets a contract extension. Unless that is they start hot at 7-1 and finish 1-7.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    If they're competitive in the losses, yes.

#yoloswag
    That's the key... McGinley's got the key

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    That's the key... McGinley's got the key
    I'm the key to SAR's entry-level BMW.

#yoloswag

NO, Rex is done at the end of this season.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If the Jets go 8-8 Rex deserves to be Coach of the Year and gets a contract extension. Unless that is they start hot at 7-1 and finish 1-7.
    THIS.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    NO, Rex is done at the end of this season.
    You're done as any kind of fan of the New York Jets. The team doesn't need you.

All Pro
    If Rex is fired as coach I predict we don't reach the playoffs for at least 5 years. With him I predict we reach the playoffs 4 of the next 5. Do you guys realize that most teams don't make the playoffs? How can you slack jaws not realize what a feat it was to win 4 playoff games, in your 1st two years, with Shotty, and Sanchez leading the offense? Just because they went 14-18 over the last two years with Tanny as a GM, and then saddled with Sporano, and injuries doesn't mean he's a bad coach. A lot of teams were way worse over the last two years with better players. Do you suggest we hire one of those coaches, or ask one of the SB winning teams to let us have theirs?

I say 8 - 8 and Rex keeps his job. This is going to be a challenging year for the Jets IMHO. New offense, (possibly) new QB, lots of new starters. If Rex can get the Jets to 8-8, he's done his job IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    You're done as any kind of fan of the New York Jets. The team doesn't need you.
    Nor does it want.
    These clowns need to get lost. Go make another team look bad.
    Thankfully they are not in the majority, but there seems to be quite a few of them!

All Pro
    Hard to say.

Part of me thinks it's Idzik's call and he's done no matter what.

But if Woody is making the decision (or if Idzik likes Rex more than I think) 8-8 probably brings him back, particularly if there's a positive feel to the team, i.e. they're on an upswing.

Hall Of Fame
    Depends. I don't want to put a number of wins on it b.c I think how the team performs and acts will be the biggest factor. Obviously winning will help a lot. I think 10 wins would be automatic.

Jets Insider VIP
    If the Jets somehow manage a .500 record with EITHER Geno or Sanchez playing QB then the entire coaching staff and GM should be immediately enshrined in Canton. The Jets have a tough schedule, a new offensive system and a quarterback situation more confusing than our government's plan for Syria.

IMO, and I know many disagree, Rex Ryan is probably the 3rd or 4th thing I'd change after addressing several others.

Some people are so wrapped up in their hate that they can't see that we would be very hard put to get a coach as good as Rex. He learned a lot about being a head coach on our dime, we should get the benefits.

That said, I can't put a number of games he'd have to win. As others have said before on this thread, depends on how we end the season. As our HC and with Idzik as GM and MM as our OC I feel confident we'll make the big dance in the next five years. Keep changing our coaching staff as often as some people change socks and we continue to suck indefinitely.

No .... his rope is thinner than this thread.

Listen, if Rex goes 8-8 with the " worst team " in the NFL, the man should be put up for coach of the year by all the media pukes who crap all over him this last year.
    BTW, I think Rex should be given one more year with MM and the new staff and next years additions. To prove he belongs as the long term HC of the NY Jets, no matter what this years win loss record is.
    Last edited by fltflo; 09-05-2013 at 08:17 PM.