Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Thursday night game Ravens at Denver

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would be fun to go back and look at the 'Peyton Manning to the Jets?' threads on here from a couple of years ago. 50% of this forum were flat out idiots that wanted no part of him and there was a decent number of people actually saying they preferred Sanchez over him. LOL

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Peyton Manning is finished. There's no way you give up on Sanchez for a 37 year old QB with a screwed up neck."

- Jets fans, February 2012

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    "Peyton Manning is finished. There's no way you give up on Sanchez for a 37 year old QB with a screwed up neck."

Ha wish had a buck for every time some jet fans say there is no chance for something to happen and then does

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Would be fun to go back and look at the 'Peyton Manning to the Jets?' threads on here from a couple of years ago. 50% of this forum were flat out idiots that wanted no part of him and there was a decent number of people actually saying they preferred Sanchez over him. LOL
    Could we have afforded him then with all of our special players? Looks like a no-brainer at this point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Could we have afforded him then with all of our special players? Looks like a no-brainer at this point.
    In general Hindsight is 20/20. Did you see how many drops Raven WRs had...a lot. The pass to welker where Peyton rushed the play and avoided the incomplete pass. A lot of small stuff that snake bit the Ravens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I vividly remember Stokes and I being two of the very few to call out the board on their ignorance regarding Peyton's greatness.

Then stokes turned on me cuz I wanted Peyton at all costs, and he thought sticking with Mark was the way to go...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    I vividly remember Stokes and I being two of the very few to call out the board on their ignorance regarding Peyton's greatness.

Then stokes turned on me cuz I wanted Peyton at all costs, and he thought sticking with Mark was the way to go...
    Peyton had that disk surgery on his neck and at the time was throwing like a girl. It is easy to say now how it was a bad decision not to take him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    and what has he done? The only meaningful game he played in as a bronco he was awful and they got bounced in round 1 of the playoffs. Our goal is to find a qb who will lead us for the next 12 years. Not a stop gap old peyton manning who is a real crappy postseason qb. it is best he is not on this team(not like he was ever coming here anyway).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Peyton had that disk surgery on his neck and at the time was throwing like a girl. It is easy to say now how it was a bad decision not to take him.
    So....you are admitting you were one of the fools eh? Good to know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    and what has he done? The only meaningful game he played in as a bronco he was awful and they got bounced in round 1 of the playoffs. Our goal is to find a qb who will lead us for the next 12 years. Not a stop gap old peyton manning who is a real crappy postseason qb. it is best he is not on this team(not like he was ever coming here anyway).
    Another fool admitting he was 100% wrong, good to see you guys fessing up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in as one of the fools. There were legitimate concerns, but obviously i was dead wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you notice who Peyton's favorite target was last night ie., Wes Welker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Awful? I know he threw a pick in OT, but awful is a BIG stretch. He completed 65% of passes, threw for almost 300 yards and drove the Broncos down the field to take the lead with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To add insult to injury, not only didnt the Jets get Manning, but they traded a 4th round pick for Tebow once Manning signed with Denver. Talk about a kick to the nuts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So....you are admitting you were one of the fools eh? Good to know.
    No you make decisions in realtime not a year later. You make decisions based on what you know at the time not a year later after he set some NFL record. I agree with Untouchable's rationale at the time.

You can go back to your labeling now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    To add insult to injury, not only didnt the Jets get Manning, but they traded a 4th round pick for Tebow once Manning signed with Denver. Talk about a kick to the nuts.
    When the news broke last year that Manning was signing with the Broncos and that Tebow was being shopped, I remember thinking, anywhere but here. Somehow, I think we all knew it would happen.

As for Manning, it was a blast watching him pick apart the Ravens last night. Its a treat watching an all time great at the top of his game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    When the news broke last year that Manning was signing with the Broncos and that Tebow was being shopped, I remember thinking, anywhere but here. Somehow, I think we all knew it would happen.

As for Manning, it was a blast watching him pick apart the Ravens last night. Its a treat watching an all time great at the top of his game.
    I especially like him hurry up the play to avoid John Harbaugh throwing the flag. He's like having a coach on the field as QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Did you notice who Peyton's favorite target was last night ie., Wes Welker.
    Lol thats a funny.. now I see how welker gets so many receptions, 9 catches for whopping 67 yards.. Thomas #1 110 yards and Thomas #2 161 yards outshines the guy who goes for 3 yard receptions.. It's sick to imagine how many superbowls would could have won with many.. He had ravens beat but thanks to aweful coverage all night and end of game by champ bailey they lost.. That wouldn't have to our dbs..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manning is gonna play till he's 65. And will still play better then most QBs. So doesn't really matter.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is Peyton Manning not the greatest QB of all time?

I guess the only way for the Ravens to go is down.