Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Thursday night game Ravens at Denver

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The greatest of all time is debatable. But the one thing that is not debatable IMO is that he is the most valuable player of all time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Peyton had that disk surgery on his neck and at the time was throwing like a girl. It is easy to say now how it was a bad decision not to take him.
    What does this mean? I thought my post clearly indicated that I am not saying anything in hindsight

I wanted Peyton Manning in foresight, and I had very legit reasons (not medical as those are the most legit, but otherwise very legit) as to why I didn't think the neck "injury" was going to hinder Peyton going forward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    What does this mean? I thought my post clearly indicated that I am not saying anything in hindsight

I wanted Peyton Manning in foresight, and I had very legit reasons (not medical as those are the most legit, but otherwise very legit) as to why I didn't think the neck "injury" was going to hinder Peyton going forward.
    Ok, I understand. Not everybody agrees though. Let's say Peyton took a hit and became paralyzed by playing. Everybody would form a very different opinion. I'm just saying going with an older QB is a gamble. I would rather start with Andrew Luck. How do we go about that ? Your call was the correct call by last nights game and last year. I'm not that smart.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Ok, I understand. Not everybody agrees though. Let's say Peyton took a hit and became paralyzed by playing. Everybody would form a very different opinion. I'm just saying going with an older QB is a gamble. I would rather start with Andrew Luck. How do we go about that ? Your call was the correct call by last nights game and last year. I'm not that smart.
    Lol woh no one said manning over luck.. It was manning vs Sanchez which is much much different I agreed what the colts did then, only because luck was a once a decade cant miss qb prospect.. Ironically Peyton was last 1.. We had mark Sanchez who obviously would never be a manning.. Even if manning didn't come back full strength he would be major upgrade of Sanchez.. " throwing like a girl " comment is bit overblown.. Of course he had to rehab, and at first his arm strength was not 100% obviously.. But more he worked out scouts of interested teams said his arm was progressing well.. What he does so well he doesn't need a strong arm anyway.. He is a genius basically reading D and calling plays at the line.. He moves the chains.. I think many of us who already saw the writing on the wall with Sanchez wanted manning then.. Those who still believed in mark even today , obviously did then therefore didn't want manning..
    Last edited by Cleansweep2013; 09-07-2013 at 02:32 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol woh no one said manning over luck.. It was manning vs Sanchez which is much much different I agreed what the colts did then, only because luck was a once a decade cant miss qb prospect.. Ironically Peyton was last 1.. We had mark Sanchez who obviously would never be a manning.. Even if manning didn't come back full strength he would be major upgrade of Sanchez.. " throwing like a girl " comment is bit overblown.. Of course he had to rehab, and at first his arm strength was not 100% obviously.. But more he worked out scouts of interested teams said his arm was progressing well.. What he does so well he doesn't need a strong arm anyway.. He is a genius basically reading D and calling plays at the line.. He moves the chains.. I think many of us who already saw the writing on the wall with Sanchez wanted manning then.. Those who still believed in mark even today , obviously did then therefore didn't want manning..
    Bring back those threads & expose the idiocy of this fan base!
    Anyone that stated they wanted to keep Sanchez over Manning should not be allowed to be a Jet fan, period!
    And I remember there were a lot of you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    We thought Sanchez was Andrew Luck; we were all wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    How is Peyton Manning not the greatest QB of all time?
    9-11 in the post season. He may be the greatest regular season QB, but gotta be better in the post season to be considered greatest of all time, IMO.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Can't believe the donkeys are 7 point favorites?
    No Dumerville no Von Miller no champ, 3rd or 4th string center. Rookie RB.
    I'm thinking Payton getting out of this game alive will be a win for Denver.
    Ravens 28- Donkeys 24
    wrong - lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Ihedigbo made a nice hit to break up a pass on the first drive, should still be a Jet
    He's horrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    He's pretty clutch
    Not really.

In most top ten clutch QB lists, Peyton isn't even there. They pretty much go with Montana, Elway, Unitas, Brady, Starr, Staubach, Stabler, Marino, Young and Bradshaw. No mention of Pick 6 Peyton and his 8 one and done playoffs in 12 playoff seasons. Talented he is indeed. Clutch he clearly isn't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    9-11 in the post season. He may be the greatest regular season QB, but gotta be better in the post season to be considered greatest of all time, IMO.
    It must be bugging the crap out of him. As great as he is during the season he's incredibly lousy in crunch time during the playoffs.

He suffers from the same problem that a former Pats QB named Bledsoe suffered from, too much confidence and a big arm. Instead of just taking what's there or isn't, he tries to force the ball and turns the ball over at the worst times. Favre was the same way too.

It's really why I like Brady. He hardly ever makes that kind of mistake at a crucial time. He'll take a sack or throw it away if he has to, but he isn't usually going to force things and take points off the board.