Thread: Who to Start - Week 1

All Pro

Who to Start - Week 1

I have two decisions that are close enough to ponder on. Curious what you guys think:

Reggie Bush (vs. MIN) or Darren McFadden (vs. IND) - I drafted Bush higher and am planning to go with him but I could see DMac having a very big day as well.

Reggie Wayne (vs. OAK) or Hakeem Nicks (vs. DAL) or Miles Austin (vs. NYG) - Same as above - planning to start first two. Kind of have to start Wayne vs. the Raiders but the other two are very close IMO. With Cruz out, Nicks should get a lot of looks but that works both ways.

At least I'm not going against Peyton this week

Jets Insider VIP
    Bush and wayne.

Cruz isnt out btw. Hes healthy and starting sunday night.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Bush and wayne.

Cruz isnt out btw. Hes healthy and starting sunday night.
    Thanks. He's listed as questionable but I guess Coughlin is going BB-mode with his injury report. I need to start two of the WRs but I think Wayne and Nicks, leaving Austin on bench. That might bite me a little but I can't see any reason to prefer Austin over Nicks at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I have two decisions that are close enough to ponder on. Curious what you guys think:

Reggie Bush (vs. MIN) or Darren McFadden (vs. IND) - I drafted Bush higher and am planning to go with him but I could see DMac having a very big day as well.

Reggie Wayne (vs. OAK) or Hakeem Nicks (vs. DAL) or Miles Austin (vs. NYG) - Same as above - planning to start first two. Kind of have to start Wayne vs. the Raiders but the other two are very close IMO. With Cruz out, Nicks should get a lot of looks but that works both ways.

At least I'm not going against Peyton this week
    McFadden is the play here. Minn defense is stout against the run which Reggie doesn't do particularly well anyway. Therefore, his points this week will probably come through the air on screens and flats; not something you want to bank on in that offense from your RB2/Flex.

For maybe the first time ever, I agree with JWN about something. Wayne is the play over nicks and austin simply because of volume of plays towards the receiver. Romo and Eli just find whoever a open. Luck, unless he's progressed from last year, still locks onto Wayne more often than not at crucial moments or when he needs a play.

All Pro
    I need 2 of the WRs. Who do you like Nicks vs. Austin.

Thanks guys. the input is good and helpful. I'd like to see more of this on this board.

All League
    McFadden v. IND

Wayne v. OAK and

Nicks v. DAL

Agreed with everyone. I'd go with McFadden, Wayne, and Nicks.

I'm having a hard time deciding on my one flex spot, as well. I have it narrowed down to McFadden vs. Indy or Tate vs. Carolina. Thoughts? Leaning slightly towards DMC at the moment.

Jets Insider VIP
    McFadden has been awful. Tate has been real good. Your taking the reputation of mcfadden over the production of tate. Not a good philosophy my friend.

Jets Insider VIP
    How bout this:

DJax, James Jones, Vic Cruz, TY hilton - need 3
    Owen Daniels, Jordan cameron - need 1

Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    How bout this:

DJax, James Jones, Vic Cruz, TY hilton - need 3
    Owen Daniels, Jordan cameron - need 1
    I'd go with Cruz, Hilton, and DJax. Jones and DJax is a tough decision for me, but I like Philly/Wash to be a shootout. GB's offense is GB's offense, but that's still a real tough match-up.

Another tough one, but I go with Cameron.

All League
    I agree with what's been said before with one change.

DevJetsYanks88... Tate over McFadden (Just barely . Tough call for me.)

Joe W. Namath... Cruz, Hilton, and DJax. But I'd say Daniels overs Cameron. Cameron has looked good over the preseason & lots of potential, but Daniels to me is a proven commodity.

Not to hijack further, but I could use some help too. Need a #2 Receiver: Garcon, Boldin, or DJax (#1 Receiver is Julio Jones, Flex Spot is RB D. Wilson).

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    I agree with what's been said before with one change.

DevJetsYanks88... Tate over McFadden (Just barely . Tough call for me.)

Joe W. Namath... Cruz, Hilton, and DJax. But I'd say Daniels overs Cameron. Cameron has looked good over the preseason & lots of potential, but Daniels to me is a proven commodity.

Not to hijack further, but I could use some help too. Need a #2 Receiver: Garcon, Boldin, or DJax (#1 Receiver is Julio Jones, Flex Spot is RB D. Wilson).
    I narrow it down to Garcon and DJax. I like them both better than Boldin and I like them matched up against each other. Explosive players and what could definitely be a shootout of a game. Between the two, I pick Garcon.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I narrow it down to Garcon and DJax. I like them both better than Boldin and I like them matched up against each other. Explosive players and what could definitely be a shootout of a game. Between the two, I pick Garcon.
    I pretty much was thinking the same. The only reason I was considering Boldin is because who else does San Fran have to catch the ball at WR?

I think WAS v. PHI is gonna be a shootout. But all the hype about Chip Kelly's still unknown offense scares me. And I think McCoy beasts this week, so Garcon seems like the choice. Just needed someone's reassurance.

Thanks.

I pretty much was thinking the same. The only reason I was considering Boldin is because who else does San Fran have to catch the ball at WR?

I think WAS v. PHI is gonna be a shootout. But all the hype about Chip Kelly's still unknown offense scares me. And I think McCoy beasts this week, so Garcon seems like the choice. Just needed someone's reassurance.

Thanks.
    Good luck!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Good luck!
    Same to you. The only thing as great as football being back is fantasy football being back too.

Same to you. The only thing as great as football being back is fantasy football being back too.
    Holy crap, Reggie Bush wen buck wild. I still stick behind my logic for not starting him, but holy crap did he have a game!