Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this team rally around Geno?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    +1

And it will be glorious!
    CAN'T WAIT!!!
    +2. ... I am going to dominate my fantasy league with them!!!!

... & A P ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    +2. ... I am going to dominate my fantasy league with them!!!!

... & A P ;-)
    Ah! You must have had the #1 pick!

Whoever started Manning this week should be tarred and feathered if they ended up losing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The world will see the difference a real OC makes. They won't realize what they're seeing, but they will see it. Rex will keep the score down, and Marty will move the chains. You'll also see how much better our defense looks without the constant 3 and outs. We will shock a lot of people, and no one will admit their mistakes.
    I believe this .......wait, is this kool aid in my glass? I've got a few bets around, taking the NY JETS this SUNDAY, NO FUKKIN POINTS.

JETS WIN!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Yes, the team was built on competition in TC. The Defense has shown a lot of energy and will continue to improve and make plays. The Offense will take a little longer but I like our WRs and Geno's ability to get the ball to them in a hurry.

I say yes from the getgo.

You make great points! I have to agree with you

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Considering this team has given up the last 2 years it's not a stupid question. But thanks for playing the Big giant skin Tuba.
    Athletes adjust to the situation they are given, especially pros, and last year was last year, and it's a skin flute.

of course they'll rally around geno. even the vets who have played with sanchez for years will quickly realize that geno has more talent and heart.

All League
    I think the TEAM will rally around him and support him for the sake of trying to win. The fans however are another story.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this is the truth, unfortunately.

if Geno plays well, vets like Mangold won't mind that their buddy Sanchez is on the bench as long as the team is competitive and has a chance to win on Sundays.

if Geno plays poorly, it won't be long before Jets players AND fans start calling for Sanchez.
    +1

Pros or not, some of these vets are friends with Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    +1

Pros or not, some of these vets are friends with Sanchez.
    "Friends with sanchez" - who exactly do you read about hanging out with him? Im sure he has friends on the team, but if you think these guys dont care about

1. Their career/personal success

2. Winning

3. Money

All in different orders depending on the player, and THEN

4. Their "Friends in the league" having success

This team will rally around whoever helps them win and further their career. And for the few friends he has on the team, you can be certain there are more people frustrated with someone who consistently killed his team with turnovers and would rally around anyone other then him no matter what.

Anyone who remembers how inspired the team became last year when Sanchez was finally pulled for Mcelroy should have no problem imagining how happy they will be to play behind anyone but Muck.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    The world will see the difference a real OC makes. They won't realize what they're seeing, but they will see it. Rex will keep the score down, and Marty will move the chains. You'll also see how much better our defense looks without the constant 3 and outs. We will shock a lot of people, and no one will admit their mistakes.
    This has already been readily apparent in the pre-season. We averaged over 26 points a game.

Last pre-season all the talk was about how inept the offense looked and how we weren't scoring TD's.

The media obviously couldn't harp on that this pre-season because the offense has scored plenty so now the media is jumping on Rex's back every chance they get because they can no longer talk about how the offense isn't scoring points.

Unfortunately, until the Jets actually win a superbowl (in the 2000's somewhere) the media will continue to look for something to piss and moan about where the Jets are concerned.

All that being said, as long as Geno takes care of the football and stays healthy, the Jets can surprise a lot of people.

Geno has all the tools, including a cannon for an arm and can make all the throws - throws that Sanchez couldn't dream of making on his best day. If he can stay focused, not get rattled and win this game vs Tampa (or at least not lose it for us), I think the team will really rally around him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    This has already been readily apparent in the pre-season. We averaged over 26 points a game.

Last pre-season all the talk was about how inept the offense looked and how we weren't scoring TD's.

The media obviously couldn't harp on that this pre-season because the offense has scored plenty so now the media is jumping on Rex's back every chance they get because they can no longer talk about how the offense isn't scoring points.

Unfortunately, until the Jets actually win a superbowl (in the 2000's somewhere) the media will continue to look for something to piss and moan about where the Jets are concerned.

All that being said, as long as Geno takes care of the football and stays healthy, the Jets can surprise a lot of people.

Geno has all the tools, including a cannon for an arm and can make all the throws - throws that Sanchez couldn't dream of making on his best day. If he can stay focused, not get rattled and win this game vs Tampa (or at least not lose it for us), I think the team will really rally around him.
    Geno had 3 turnovers and a safety and we still beat the Giants. Our Defense keeps us in the games. I expect to see Geno to do a lot of passing from the Pistol and running occasionaly .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Geno had 3 turnovers and a safety and we still beat the Giants. Our Defense keeps us in the games. I expect to see Geno to do a lot of passing from the Pistol and running occasionaly .
    I am well aware of Geno's performance vs the Gints, but, if there is a game to have that kind of performance, its definitely in the pre-season.

Lets hope in his regular season debut, Geno shows more consistency. He was a consistent starter in college and normally didn't turn the ball over, I am hoping that that is what we will see Sunday afternoon.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am well aware of Geno's performance vs the Gints, but, if there is a game to have that kind of performance, its definitely in the pre-season.

Lets hope in his regular season debut, Geno shows more consistency. He was a consistent starter in college and normally didn't turn the ball over, I am hoping that that is what we will see Sunday afternoon.
    I'm hoping also. I just hope our Defense keeps us in the game so we can over come several mistakes. If they get to Freeman early Geno may have lots of opportunities to score points. The Bucs were last in pass defense last year and I'm thinking Revis isn't back to his old self yet. Geno may do a bit better Sunday. I'll drink to that.

I keep seeing so so so much praise about Mornigwheg on this board yet every eagles fan I know and I just recently met two that are regulars (work at a sports bar) hate hate hate MM. I like him and am excited for once just hope he turns out as advertised.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    I keep seeing so so so much praise about Mornigwheg on this board yet every eagles fan I know and I just recently met two that are regulars (work at a sports bar) hate hate hate MM. I like him and am excited for once just hope he turns out as advertised.
    With a name like Marky Mark Sanchez.... we should consider your posts?

Time to contact a MOD about changing your name....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm hoping also. I just hope our Defense keeps us in the game so we can over come several mistakes. If they get to Freeman early Geno may have lots of opportunities to score points. The Bucs were last in pass defense last year and I'm thinking Revis isn't back to his old self yet. Geno may do a bit better Sunday. I'll drink to that.
    I think our defense will do the job - and lets face it, Josh freeman is far from a top flight QB.

I honestly think our defense can have a really good day against him.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think our defense will do the job - and lets face it, Josh freeman is far from a top flight QB.

I honestly think our defense can have a really good day against him.
    I agree; I'm a little bit worried about their running back Doug Martin. I hope we send a message to him early that any yards are going to be rough.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I agree; I'm a little bit worried about their running back Doug Martin. I hope we send a message to him early that any yards are going to be rough.
    You heard any updates on Kendrick Ellis's status?

Jets Insider VIP
    You heard any updates on Kendrick Ellis's status?
    Nose tackle Kenrick Ellis, who missed the last three preseason games with a back injury, also is questionable. He's less likely to play than Holmes.

Game time decisions as far as I know.