Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will this team rally around Geno?

Will this team rally around Geno?

As much as we get the familiar sound bites from players regarding Mark Sanchez. Deep, deep down in the veteran souls on this teams , do you think they are happy about this QB change & the promise of a brighter future.
    Sometimes in life everyone needs a change, a change that brings new hope. Mark will get another chance in this league, he's young & has had some success, but until he goes somewhere and becomes an ex Jet, it will be the only way to bury his failures here too.
    I'm looking at this season as possible rebirth of hope for our beloved Jets in a direction under Idzik that not only brings us back to repectability but hopefully buries the stench of Woodys, Tannenbaums & Rex attempt at being the brash braggers on the block.
    Lets build this team in a professional quiet manner that before you know it starts winning it's division & gets national attention not from being a media whore but from winning a lot of games & becoming a perennial winner, year after year.

I think after the last two years a big change was in order other than canning the egotistical Tannenbaum, and since Idzik kept Rex than the only other option was to jettison the buttfumbling QB with bad karma.
    It's gonna be an up & down year but had it been another year with Sanchez at the helm, they probably would have had a hard time keeping my attention.
    We have a lot to look forward too with some talented young players and our new OC leading the way.
    Lets hope that Genos teammates make that extra effort to take the pressure off the young man.
    Let the games begin & Go Jets!

Only if he's any good. Which is still TBD.

Yes they will rally around him. He's a leader that inspires by his calm demeanor, you could already see he had the full command of the huddle during his PS games.

I think the veterans realize that Mark is guaranteed mediocrity. With Geno there is much bigger upside. Who wouldn't rally around that, as long as the QB isn't a doosh or anything, which by all accounts Geno is definitely not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, the team was built on competition in TC. The Defense has shown a lot of energy and will continue to improve and make plays. The Offense will take a little longer but I like our WRs and Geno's ability to get the ball to them in a hurry.

I say yes from the getgo.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Right up till he twists his ankle &isn't a 100% again then the whispering will start!

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Only if he's any good. Which is still TBD.
    this is the truth, unfortunately.

if Geno plays well, vets like Mangold won't mind that their buddy Sanchez is on the bench as long as the team is competitive and has a chance to win on Sundays.

if Geno plays poorly, it won't be long before Jets players AND fans start calling for Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Right up till he twists his ankle &isn't a 100% again then the whispering will start!
    He hopefully learnt from his mistake and tapes those ankles up in the future.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It will depend on his performance

Without a shadow of a doubt in my mind. Teams always seem to rally around the rookie, when the starter is hurt. The oline just needs for him to feel some comfort back there.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    As much as we get the familiar sound bites from players regarding Mark Sanchez. Deep, deep down in the veteran souls on this teams , do you think they are happy about this QB change & the promise of a brighter future.
    Sometimes in life everyone needs a change, a change that brings new hope. Mark will get another chance in this league, he's young & has had some success, but until he goes somewhere and becomes an ex Jet, it will be the only way to bury his failures here too.
    I'm looking at this season as possible rebirth of hope for our beloved Jets in a direction under Idzik that not only brings us back to repectability but hopefully buries the stench of Woodys, Tannenbaums & Rex attempt at being the brash braggers on the block.
    Lets build this team in a professional quiet manner that before you know it starts winning it's division & gets national attention not from being a media whore but from winning a lot of games & becoming a perennial winner, year after year.

I think after the last two years a big change was in order other than canning the egotistical Tannenbaum, and since Idzik kept Rex than the only other option was to jettison the buttfumbling QB with bad karma.
    It's gonna be an up & down year but had it been another year with Sanchez at the helm, they probably would have had a hard time keeping my attention.
    We have a lot to look forward too with some talented young players and our new OC leading the way.
    Lets hope that Genos teammates make that extra effort to take the pressure off the young man.
    No, athletes never rally around each other especially the QB. Let me guess you were in the HS band?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

I am more optimistic about Geno than most. All he needs is some modest success for people to rally behind him.

Have to disagree with your statement that Sanchez will get another chance. I think people have seen enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    I remember how the team rallied around McElroy when he played. He took a long time to throw and took a few sacks but got the TD. Same with Geno. The team will show max effort but not with a score of 0-28.

No they are going to stomp their feet and beg for Sanchez to start again lol.. Vets seem very impressed with geno leadership in huddle.. The vets were very patient and helpful with mark in 09, I think geno is much less fragile, mentality and hopefully physically..

All Pro
    The only two offensive Players who really went through all those Playoff battles with Sanchez are Brick and Mangold. Cornerstones for sure but both are true professionals and they will compete as hard as anyone. Holmes never had a great relationship with Sanchez if I recall correctly and then there is nobody else left from Sanchez early days. No worries, Geno will have everyone behind him, especially since every Coach made it a big Point all week Long that the Team has to Rally around him.

Hall Of Fame
    They will rally around him and so should anyone claiming to be a Jets fan.
    I think a lot of the team is excited about him, too, just going on how a lot of them have spoken about him....
    Willie Colon included.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    No, athletes never rally around each other especially the QB. Let me guess you were in the HS band?
    Considering this team has given up the last 2 years it's not a stupid question. But thanks for playing the Big giant skin Tuba.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this is the truth, unfortunately.

if Geno plays well, vets like Mangold won't mind that their buddy Sanchez is on the bench as long as the team is competitive and has a chance to win on Sundays.

if Geno plays poorly, it won't be long before Jets players AND fans start calling for Sanchez.
    Lol, no. Almost NO fan will call for Sanchez. Maybe Simms but not Sanchez.

All Pro
    The world will see the difference a real OC makes. They won't realize what they're seeing, but they will see it. Rex will keep the score down, and Marty will move the chains. You'll also see how much better our defense looks without the constant 3 and outs. We will shock a lot of people, and no one will admit their mistakes.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    The world will see the difference a real OC makes. They won't realize what they're seeing, but they will see it. Rex will keep the score down, and Marty will move the chains. You'll also see how much better our defense looks without the constant 3 and outs. We will shock a lot of people, and no one will admit their mistakes.
    +1

And it will be glorious!
    CAN'T WAIT!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I can hear the crowd when Freeman get sacked, loses his composure and the D scores their first TD. MetLife will be so loud.