Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 Predictions

Veteran

Week 1 Predictions

Not one expert on ESPN or Sportsline picked the Jets at home against Tampa Bay. Tampa was 7-9 and lost a ton of games down the stretch. In addition, Freeman was not very good this preseason (12 for 26 102 yards and 63 rating). Why is everyone so certain the Jets will lose to Tampa? Do they expect Geno to be horrible?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature.../straight-up/1
    Last edited by Mario; 09-06-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    What did you think was going to happen? They (ESPN) have spent the last year telling everyone what a joke and a circus the Jets are, they listed them last in their mythical power poll, and now you think they are going to pick them to win the first game of the season?? LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What did you think was going to happen? They (ESPN) have spent the last year telling everyone what a joke and a circus the Jets are, they listed them last in their mythical power poll, and now you think they are going to pick them to win the first game of the season?? LOL.
    Aren't they supposed to be journalist?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Not one expert on ESPN or Sportsline picked the Jets at home against Tampa Bay. Tampa was 7-9 and lost a ton of games down the stretch. In addition, Freeman was not very good this preseason (12 for 26 102 yards and 63 rating). Why is everyone so certain the Jets will lose to Tampa? Do they expect Geno to be horrible?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature.../straight-up/1
    Probably. I kind of do. You saw his PS game, right?

Veteran
    A 6-10 team is hosting a 7-9 team. At the very least, I'd think a few of them would pick the home team in that matchup.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Aren't they supposed to be journalist?
    Journalism is dead in America. Its now Sensationalism.

Jets Insider VIP
    Journalism is dead in America. Its now Sensationalism.
    I would love to see us have a great season and watch the back tracking from the know it alls.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

The public perception is that we don't have any playmakers in an offense driven league, a poor group of QB's and also lost a premier player in Darrelle Revis. We'll be underdogs in virtually every game, if/until we prove we can win games.

new reality begins at 1pm Sunday.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The public perception is that we don't have any playmakers in an offense driven league, a poor group of QB's and also lost a premier player in Darrelle Revis. We'll be underdogs in virtually every game, if/until we prove we can win games.
    Bingo.

Why is this so hard for some to grasp, and more over, why do people get so offended by this?

I would love to see us have a great season and watch the back tracking from the know it alls.
    If it is anything like what is happening with the Red Sox this year, you will be disappointed. No scathing self-critiques or mea culpas. Just an occasional "gee, maybe they really don't suck as much as everybody [else] thought".

All Pro
    I can't really get too worked up over whether the so called experts are picking the Jets to win or not. Only thing that matters is what happens on the field beginning Sunday afternoon. Although i have to admit it would be nice to see a few of them eating crow on Monday.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 09-06-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I can't really get too worked up over whether the so called experts are picking the Kets to win or not. Only thing that matters is what happens on the field beginning Sunday afternoon. Although i have to admit it would be nice to see a few of them eating crow on Monday.
    Hope Georgia comes back and takes care of Carolina this week. I am a huge Georgia fan this week!!! Go Dawgs!!!

Hall Of Fame
    I'm glad nobody picked us. Actually makes me feel better about our chances.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hope Georgia comes back and takes care of Carolina this week. I am a huge Georgia fan this week!!! Go Dawgs!!!
    I just came back from vacationing in North George, the Blue Ridge section. Those people live for football and are the friendliest people in the world. Just eat BBQ and drink ice tea or a beer and everybody loves you.

Hall Of Fame
    I just came back from vacationing in North George, the Blue Ridge section. Those people live for football and are the friendliest people in the world. Just eat BBQ and drink ice tea or a beer and everybody loves you.
    It is called Sweet Tea.

I was was corrected on that many times during the first week I lived in South Carolina.

Jets Insider VIP
    It is called Sweet Tea.

I was was corrected on that many times during the first week I lived in South Carolina.
    I don't take sugar in my tea and I do recall the term;however, when I go to a restaurant like Ruby Tuesday's here in NJ/NY, the have 2 ice teas 1. sweetened and 2. unsweetened. The sweetened one is like a raspberry flavor.

So down south if I want an ice tea that has no sugar in it, what do I order eg. I'll have a sweet tea with no sugar...lol

All Pro
    Thanks, glad to know you are with me (for this week at least). Unfortunately, I have no faith at all that a Mark Richt coached team will be able to beat a good opponent. They always seem to make just enough bonehead plays to lose a tight one. Great recruiter, lousy game coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey...there's no room here for common sense posts here pal....go sell sane somewhere else....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Thanks, glad to know you are with me (for this week at least). Unfortunately, I have no faith at all that a Mark Richt coached team will be able to beat a good opponent. They always seem to make just enough bonehead plays to lose a tight one. Great recruiter, lousy game coach.
    Reminds me of the Tommy Bowden years at Clemson. I can see where Richt could be wearing out his welcome at Georgia.