Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Week 1 Predictions

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,051

    Week 1 Predictions

    Not one expert on ESPN or Sportsline picked the Jets at home against Tampa Bay. Tampa was 7-9 and lost a ton of games down the stretch. In addition, Freeman was not very good this preseason (12 for 26 102 yards and 63 rating). Why is everyone so certain the Jets will lose to Tampa? Do they expect Geno to be horrible?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature.../straight-up/1
    Last edited by Mario; 09-06-2013 at 01:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    What did you think was going to happen? They (ESPN) have spent the last year telling everyone what a joke and a circus the Jets are, they listed them last in their mythical power poll, and now you think they are going to pick them to win the first game of the season?? LOL.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    What did you think was going to happen? They (ESPN) have spent the last year telling everyone what a joke and a circus the Jets are, they listed them last in their mythical power poll, and now you think they are going to pick them to win the first game of the season?? LOL.
    Aren't they supposed to be journalist?

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Not one expert on ESPN or Sportsline picked the Jets at home against Tampa Bay. Tampa was 7-9 and lost a ton of games down the stretch. In addition, Freeman was not very good this preseason (12 for 26 102 yards and 63 rating). Why is everyone so certain the Jets will lose to Tampa? Do they expect Geno to be horrible?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature.../straight-up/1
    Probably. I kind of do. You saw his PS game, right?

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,051
    A 6-10 team is hosting a 7-9 team. At the very least, I'd think a few of them would pick the home team in that matchup.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Aren't they supposed to be journalist?
    Journalism is dead in America. Its now Sensationalism.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Journalism is dead in America. Its now Sensationalism.
    I would love to see us have a great season and watch the back tracking from the know it alls.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,417
    The public perception is that we don't have any playmakers in an offense driven league, a poor group of QB's and also lost a premier player in Darrelle Revis. We'll be underdogs in virtually every game, if/until we prove we can win games.

  9. #9
    new reality begins at 1pm Sunday.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    The public perception is that we don't have any playmakers in an offense driven league, a poor group of QB's and also lost a premier player in Darrelle Revis. We'll be underdogs in virtually every game, if/until we prove we can win games.
    Bingo.

    Why is this so hard for some to grasp, and more over, why do people get so offended by this?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I would love to see us have a great season and watch the back tracking from the know it alls.
    If it is anything like what is happening with the Red Sox this year, you will be disappointed. No scathing self-critiques or mea culpas. Just an occasional "gee, maybe they really don't suck as much as everybody [else] thought".

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,332
    I can't really get too worked up over whether the so called experts are picking the Jets to win or not. Only thing that matters is what happens on the field beginning Sunday afternoon. Although i have to admit it would be nice to see a few of them eating crow on Monday.
    Last edited by Lithfan; 09-06-2013 at 06:42 PM.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I can't really get too worked up over whether the so called experts are picking the Kets to win or not. Only thing that matters is what happens on the field beginning Sunday afternoon. Although i have to admit it would be nice to see a few of them eating crow on Monday.
    Hope Georgia comes back and takes care of Carolina this week. I am a huge Georgia fan this week!!! Go Dawgs!!!

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,820
    I'm glad nobody picked us. Actually makes me feel better about our chances.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Hope Georgia comes back and takes care of Carolina this week. I am a huge Georgia fan this week!!! Go Dawgs!!!
    I just came back from vacationing in North George, the Blue Ridge section. Those people live for football and are the friendliest people in the world. Just eat BBQ and drink ice tea or a beer and everybody loves you.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I just came back from vacationing in North George, the Blue Ridge section. Those people live for football and are the friendliest people in the world. Just eat BBQ and drink ice tea or a beer and everybody loves you.
    It is called Sweet Tea.

    I was was corrected on that many times during the first week I lived in South Carolina.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It is called Sweet Tea.

    I was was corrected on that many times during the first week I lived in South Carolina.
    I don't take sugar in my tea and I do recall the term;however, when I go to a restaurant like Ruby Tuesday's here in NJ/NY, the have 2 ice teas 1. sweetened and 2. unsweetened. The sweetened one is like a raspberry flavor.

    So down south if I want an ice tea that has no sugar in it, what do I order eg. I'll have a sweet tea with no sugar...lol

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Hope Georgia comes back and takes care of Carolina this week. I am a huge Georgia fan this week!!! Go Dawgs!!!
    Thanks, glad to know you are with me (for this week at least). Unfortunately, I have no faith at all that a Mark Richt coached team will be able to beat a good opponent. They always seem to make just enough bonehead plays to lose a tight one. Great recruiter, lousy game coach.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,468
    Hey...there's no room here for common sense posts here pal....go sell sane somewhere else....

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    Thanks, glad to know you are with me (for this week at least). Unfortunately, I have no faith at all that a Mark Richt coached team will be able to beat a good opponent. They always seem to make just enough bonehead plays to lose a tight one. Great recruiter, lousy game coach.
    Reminds me of the Tommy Bowden years at Clemson. I can see where Richt could be wearing out his welcome at Georgia.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us