Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

Thread: Geno's first game way better than Luck or Wilson

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like

    Geno's first game way better than Luck or Wilson

    According to Cimini's trolling, it was a "typical rookie performance." Cimini is now on record saying that Luck and Wilson were below average rookies. They didn't even give a "typical rookie performance" in week 1 last year.

    No one in the Jets media who mocked Geno and said he wasn't ready will admit that he had a better game than holier than thou Andrew Luck last year in week 1. And Geno didn't have Reggie Wayne to throw to

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,617
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be ups and downs, but when all is said and done we will look back on his rookie season and say that he had a decent campaign and Idzik will probably look to move forward and build the team around Geno....

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,397
    Post Thanks / Like
    A great start to his career. 22/37 a 59% completion rate in a game many said was too big for him.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    According to Cimini's trolling, it was a "typical rookie performance." Cimini is now on record saying that Luck and Wilson were below average rookies. They didn't even give a "typical rookie performance" in week 1 last year.

    No one in the Jets media who mocked Geno and said he wasn't ready will admit that he had a better game than holier than thou Andrew Luck last year in week 1. And Geno didn't have Reggie Wayne to throw to

    Sanchez first game in 2009 was the best rookie performance I can remember as a JET. That said... Geno did things today that Mark could not or will not do. He threw the ball away, ran for yardage, had presence. Was he great??? NO. But I like what I saw and am ready to write Mark off and get on the Geno bus.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    A great start to his career. 22/37 a 59% completion rate in a game many said was too big for him.

    Actually 24 for 38. Started 5 for 12 then went 19 for 26 the rest of the game.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not great but his stat line is probably better then most Jets QB stat lines in the last four years; 24 of 38 for 256 yards 1 TD 1 INT 1 fumble

    over 60% passing, leading rusher with 47 yards

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,513
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's not just the stats. it's how he handled himself after 2 turnovers, how he knew to throw the ball away repeatedly, how he ran for first downs and how he handled the final drive. he didn't look rattled, and that's huge in this town.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's not just the stats. it's how he handled himself after 2 turnovers, how he knew to throw the ball away repeatedly, how he ran for first downs and how he handled the final drive. he didn't look rattled, and that's huge in this town.
    This times a thousand. He got BETTER after he fumbled and threw the INT. Sanchez gets worse after each boneheaded mistake he makes.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    According to Cimini's trolling, it was a "typical rookie performance." Cimini is now on record saying that Luck and Wilson were below average rookies. They didn't even give a "typical rookie performance" in week 1 last year.

    No one in the Jets media who mocked Geno and said he wasn't ready will admit that he had a better game than holier than thou Andrew Luck last year in week 1. And Geno didn't have Reggie Wayne to throw to
    When he does it game in, game out season in season out SB in SB win against good teams we may have something. He managed the game well, D, ST and Buc mistakes won the game, nothing new here yet.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    This times a thousand. He got BETTER after he fumbled and threw the INT. Sanchez gets worse after each boneheaded mistake he makes.
    Absolutely..... Can't wait til Thursday.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    When he does it game in, game out season in season out SB in SB win against good teams we may have something. He managed the game well, D, ST and Buc mistakes won the game, nothing new here yet.
    The defense gave up the lead with 38 seconds left in the game. The offense deserves as much credit as anyone, except the guy who committed that penalty. The defense is lucky that happened or it would have been directly responsible for the loss.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The defense gave up the lead with 38 seconds left in the game. The offense deserves as much credit as anyone, except the guy who committed that penalty. The defense is lucky that happened or it would have been directly responsible for the loss.
    I was saying that during the game as the BUCS marched downfield. GREAT stats game for our D but when it counted....they fold like an old lawn chair.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I was saying that during the game as the BUCS marched downfield. GREAT stats game for our D but when it counted....they fold like an old lawn chair.
    True, if not for that penalty they would be getting killed right now. To say the defense is somehow more responsible for the win than the offense is comical.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    According to Cimini's trolling, it was a "typical rookie performance." Cimini is now on record saying that Luck and Wilson were below average rookies. They didn't even give a "typical rookie performance" in week 1 last year.

    No one in the Jets media who mocked Geno and said he wasn't ready will admit that he had a better game than holier than thou Andrew Luck last year in week 1. And Geno didn't have Reggie Wayne to throw to
    Geno played an excellent first game. He was a rookie. He did make some dumb rookie mistakes. 18 yard sack comes to mind. INT comes to mind. But MM did a great job bringing the kid along and keeping his confidence up. Geno stares down his receivers and that will be a problem as time goes on. But all told, Geno did a GREAT job.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Posts
    16,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The defense gave up the lead with 38 seconds left in the game. The offense deserves as much credit as anyone, except the guy who committed that penalty. The defense is lucky that happened or it would have been directly responsible for the loss.
    Actually the D kept them in the game the entire time and O could have iced the game in the end it was the least they could have done all O's would give their left nut to have a D hold to 14 points into the 4th quarter what do you want them to do score as well, they will eventually.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,992
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Sanchez first game in 2009 was the best rookie performance I can remember as a JET. That said... Geno did things today that Mark could not or will not do. He threw the ball away, ran for yardage, had presence. Was he great??? NO. But I like what I saw and am ready to write Mark off and get on the Geno bus.
    this is KEY...we thew the ball way, and he ate the ball a few times. You almost feel bad for Sanchez, cuz you know he wants to do too much....but after 4 years the dude still doesnt understand that its better to not throw at all then throw off your back food with a guy hanging off your jock.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take it easy the Sanchites will call you a Sanchez hater for praising geno! Ha and all those idiots who were so sure this kid was going to fail Fu.. We still have no idea what we have in geno! But it's clear letting him learn on the go is the best thing! He play horrible at times but came right back next series and played awesome.. When is the last time Sanchez did that ? He has meltdown after a costly turnover.. I'm glad geno was tested a lot, Marty Def didn't go easy on him, compare pass attempts to marks rookie 1st game.. Those who said he needs to sit already proven wrong, this kid messed up big in 2nd Q but he didn't fold, panic, or shutdown like Sanchez.. He came back with poise and that is what I loved most about him today..

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Posts
    1,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Geno played an excellent first game. He was a rookie. He did make some dumb rookie mistakes. 18 yard sack comes to mind. INT comes to mind. But MM did a great job bringing the kid along and keeping his confidence up. Geno stares down his receivers and that will be a problem as time goes on. But all told, Geno did a GREAT job.
    Oh, plus he has no pocket presence and no command of the huddle. Right? I'm glad the coaches in the stands figured that one out in training camp.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Geno wasn't great but did some good things, he should only improve. He still had a rating over 80 though, how many did Sanchez have all of last year??

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    He did something no other Jets QB has done in a while he kept coming back He went in with 34 secs and drove the offense down to midfield while the Bucs handed us a win by the dumb penalty I don't think Sanchez could have done anything like Geno did. when Geno gets more experience he seems that he is going to be better then anything we had at QB in a long time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us