Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First game, a lot of positives, Geno really impressed..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    when i write my next essay paper i will thanks........
    You are welcome. If sounding like a completely uneducated, slack jawed yokel doesn't bother you, more power too you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    You are welcome. If sounding like a completely uneducated, slack jawed yokel doesn't bother you, more power too you.
    lol no it is a msg board not a job interview

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Don't **** on my thread, your BS is as if I'm suggesting we're going 16-0. I'm not putting Geno in Canton, I didn't suggest anything for Geno other that he had a really good debut. I don't need to relax about anything.

It was the first game with a rookie QB, in a game that we played pretty well overall, and had to come back to win, showed a lot of resolve, and did in impress in all the scenarios that I highlighted.

Take your SOJF crap somewhere else.
    Yep, today all the SOJF's ate crow and licked major balls. YESSS!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    OP is a little overly positive (i.e. not touching on any of the negatives today at all really, and there were some), but with that said, I generally agree with most of his post.

Thanks for your obligatory post to throw the "homer" tag

Obviously there were plenty of issues the Jets need to clean up, stop with the crap already, the thread states "positives" I'm sure the doom and gloom threads are out there if you're itching for one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your obligatory post to throw the "homer" tag

Obviously there were plenty of issues the Jets need to clean up, stop with the crap already, the thread states "positives" I'm sure the doom and gloom threads are out there if you're itching for one.
    Dear Lord you're an insufferable douch. Can't even agree with you without you going all roid-rage and insulty.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Overall a solid team effort, but needed a lucky break for the opportunity to kick the winning FG. That said, I was impressed by Smith's poise, he threw more balls away in that game than Sanchez did in an entire season last year. More importantly, he never looked lost out there and always seemed to know when to tuck the ball away and run. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can build on that performance in the coming weeks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep awesome game against a team that will be lucky to win 3 games this year...........................relax will you we always do this as jets fans a qb has a ok game and all of a sudden he is the next franchise qb...............I am telling you now geno is not a franchise qb or will he ever be one................once again the jets get stuck with fools gold and the fanbase are going to eat it up.
    Yes you are right. IF ONLY WE HAD TEBOW! BOO HOO!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Lord you're an insufferable douch. Can't even agree with you without you going all roid-rage and insulty.
    Then how about doing so without being a douche yourself?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep awesome game against a team that will be lucky to win 3 games this year...........................relax will you we always do this as jets fans a qb has a ok game and all of a sudden he is the next franchise qb...............I am telling you now geno is not a franchise qb or will he ever be one................once again the jets get stuck with fools gold and the fanbase are going to eat it up.
    Your a j....ff,dude.The Jets will win win 10 games this year,and make the playoffs.The defense will be dominant once coples gets back.And the offense will get better and better as the year goes on.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a guy that wanted Sanchez to get one more chance and was skeptical about Geno, I don't think fans are giving Geno enough credit for how impressive his first NFL game was today, sure he had some mishaps, but to come back and pull himself together, and play pretty good football the rest of the way, to bring the team back, to go ahead, and then to drive the team on the final drive with 35 seconds, that is an incredible start to his career.

His running ability is really a weapon, but what stood out the most, was Geno's poise, wow, he was unflappable, extremely poised, he may have made mistakes a rookie makes, but his demeanor, confidence, and poise was nothing like a rookie, it was of a QB who was confident, and was never overwhelmed by the moment, that is HUGE, Geno had a great first game, if this is a sign of things to come, we have a lot to look forward to. Then after the game, taking the blame for the INT, saying he had "everything" to improve on, wow, just a great first day.

There is a lot for Geno to build on, and this was a solid defense and a very good test for Geno. He started ok, struggled, threw a bad INT, made a poor decision backed up inside the 5 that allowed TB to go up 14-5, but after that, it seemed that Geno improved as the game progressed, gaining confidence with each drive, it seemed as if the lightbulb went on a little bit, he showed guts and poise, and for a rookie, that's impressive in his first start.

The offensive coaches deserve credit for the game plan, I know some scoffed at the wildcat part of the game plan, but that will be a feature all season, that helps Geno, it takes some of the pressure off of him, as the season progresses, Geno will only gain confidence, and the running game will surely improve. The running game will improve, as Geno improves, as the passing game continues to improve, and especially when Goodson returns.

Notes:

- I just love it that the Jets get to thumb their noses at all the prognosticators, the detractors, ranking this Jets #32 is a damn joke, and it showed today. It was just one game, I get that, it wasn't all perfect, but it was a really great foundational game for this new Rex defense, with the young players on the defensive side of the ball, Ellis, Davis, Richardson, Milliner, even Allen played a strong game I thought, but man, watching the FOX pre-game show, I wanted to jump through the TV to choke the a-holes piling on the Jets.

- Of course, Cimini couldn't help himself from pouring water on the game, and his comments about how MM and the offense needs to switch from the pass first option to a ball control offense, he couldn't be more wrong. That isn't what MM and the WCO is, not in today's NFL. The pass needs to set up the run, the Jets will still be a heavy rush team, but MM needs to keep doing exactly what he did, get the passing game going first, establish the pass to set up the run. It was the first game of the season, teams are usually not conditioned to play the whole game at a high level, and execution will be sloppy, the running game will improve, especially once Goodson comes back.

- The defense will only get better, especially when Coples gets back.

- Richardson is a damn beast, he was really impressive. Wilkerson, Richardson, Harrison, and Ellis. Was really happy to see Ellis get in this game, and make plays, was worried about the back injury, he too will only add to this line, and when Coples gets back, watch out. But Richardson is really impressive.

- Barnes was also impressive, his speed and burst off the line is something we haven't seen at OLB in a while, and Rex and the coaches moved him around too, sliding him down the line to rush the passer up the middle, very impressive first day.

- Davis was sideline to sideline, also an impressive first day, the hustle on that Jackson tackle to keep TB from scoring the TD at the end of the game was huge.

- Harris to me looked as good as I've seen him, he does seem a step quicker, and showed good anticipation.

- I thought Allen overall had a pretty good game, I actually enjoyed the play overall of the safeties, Landry played well, Allen and Jarrett were solid.

- Milliner had an up and down game, but flashed the talent he has, communication was lacking on a couple of the big plays, but I didn't see anything that can't be improved with coaching, corrections, and experience as the season moves forward.

- Cro seemed to be a step behind at times, but I thought he finished the game ok, I hope it's a situation where he will only get healthier and healthier

- The injuries, good to see all 3 players, Cumberland, Kerley, and Mangold come back. Gholston, to me should have been ejected after the hit on Kerley, thought it was a clear intent to go after the player's head, but it was especially good to see both Cumberland and Kerley ok, and then Mangold.

- Folk was clutch

- Mallone an 84 yd punt?

- Game plan was sound, on both sides of the ball, very impressive opening day for the defense, and I thought MM did a lot of good things, he was conservative, but I felt he did everything he could go help Geno be successful in his first game. I think he will open up the offense as Geno proves himself, and shows himself to be more comfortable in what the offense is doing.

- Happy to see Holmes play the whole game, he too will only get better as the season moves forward.

- Winslow looks like he will be one of our bigger pick-ups on offense.

- Really looking forward to seeing what MM will do with Goodson once he gets back.

- Penalties were down, it was a disciplined and well prepared team, that was only held behind a little bit in the first half because of a rookie QB. That 14-5 score at the half was only because Geno let the moment of the drive inside his own 5 get the best of him. Geno struggled, but he really put it together after he got the fumble and INT out of his system.

-Can't wait for Thursday, the Pats will obviously be a good test, but I think the defense won't be as stout, especially in the secondary, that was a good TB secondary that Geno faced today, that isn't what he will face against the Pats.

-Milliner was up and down, but showed flashes of how good he can be, and will only get better as he gains confidence in himself, and what the Jets will ask him to do on defense.

-Cro played hurt, you could tell he is not yet 100%, so I hope that he will continue to get healthy each week.
    Agree with much of this fine analysis, but how does the wildcat help Geno if the net effect is a loss of down with no positive yardage?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDarkmoor View Post
    Agree with much of this fine analysis, but how does the wildcat help Geno if the net effect is a loss of down with no positive yardage?
    The affect of the wildcat helps Geno, it changes things up, gives defenses something else to plan for and deal with during a game, and it takes some pressure off of Geno as he's developing and gaining comfort as an NFL QB.

i also think the Jets have the right person coaching this part of the offense in David Lee, there will be new wrinkles this week, I think it will become more effective as the season moves on.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Greeny & Golic are giving Geno his due.

"You CERTAINLY can't say they don't have a QB"

"It's too early to judge, and off one game...but Geno was GOOD! At NO point did the game look too big for him. I was VERY impressed with Geno"

#yoloswag

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saying Geno impressed is bull****.
    If Sanchez wouldve had the game Geno had (1int, 1fumble on the own 5yd line) he wouldve been bashed by the Jets fans.
    We got lucky with a couple of big flags early in the game and then late in the game.
    With that being said i hope Geno keeps improving and will be our future QB, but the games last night wasnt impressive at all

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    If Sanchez wouldve had the game Geno had (1int, 1fumble on the own 5yd line) he wouldve been bashed by the Jets fans.
    We got lucky with a couple of big flags early in the game and then late in the game.
    With that being said i hope Geno keeps improving and will be our future QB, but the games last night wasnt impressive at all
    Oh no, they're going to call you a SOJF now. You're not suppose to say bad thing about the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a guy that wanted Sanchez to get one more chance and was skeptical about Geno, I don't think fans are giving Geno enough credit for how impressive his first NFL game was today, sure he had some mishaps, but to come back and pull himself together, and play pretty good football the rest of the way, to bring the team back, to go ahead, and then to drive the team on the final drive with 35 seconds, that is an incredible start to his career.

His running ability is really a weapon, but what stood out the most, was Geno's poise, wow, he was unflappable, extremely poised, he may have made mistakes a rookie makes, but his demeanor, confidence, and poise was nothing like a rookie, it was of a QB who was confident, and was never overwhelmed by the moment, that is HUGE, Geno had a great first game, if this is a sign of things to come, we have a lot to look forward to. Then after the game, taking the blame for the INT, saying he had "everything" to improve on, wow, just a great first day.

There is a lot for Geno to build on, and this was a solid defense and a very good test for Geno. He started ok, struggled, threw a bad INT, made a poor decision backed up inside the 5 that allowed TB to go up 14-5, but after that, it seemed that Geno improved as the game progressed, gaining confidence with each drive, it seemed as if the lightbulb went on a little bit, he showed guts and poise, and for a rookie, that's impressive in his first start.

The offensive coaches deserve credit for the game plan, I know some scoffed at the wildcat part of the game plan, but that will be a feature all season, that helps Geno, it takes some of the pressure off of him, as the season progresses, Geno will only gain confidence, and the running game will surely improve. The running game will improve, as Geno improves, as the passing game continues to improve, and especially when Goodson returns.

Notes:

- I just love it that the Jets get to thumb their noses at all the prognosticators, the detractors, ranking this Jets #32 is a damn joke, and it showed today. It was just one game, I get that, it wasn't all perfect, but it was a really great foundational game for this new Rex defense, with the young players on the defensive side of the ball, Ellis, Davis, Richardson, Milliner, even Allen played a strong game I thought, but man, watching the FOX pre-game show, I wanted to jump through the TV to choke the a-holes piling on the Jets.

- Of course, Cimini couldn't help himself from pouring water on the game, and his comments about how MM and the offense needs to switch from the pass first option to a ball control offense, he couldn't be more wrong. That isn't what MM and the WCO is, not in today's NFL. The pass needs to set up the run, the Jets will still be a heavy rush team, but MM needs to keep doing exactly what he did, get the passing game going first, establish the pass to set up the run. It was the first game of the season, teams are usually not conditioned to play the whole game at a high level, and execution will be sloppy, the running game will improve, especially once Goodson comes back.

- The defense will only get better, especially when Coples gets back.

- Richardson is a damn beast, he was really impressive. Wilkerson, Richardson, Harrison, and Ellis. Was really happy to see Ellis get in this game, and make plays, was worried about the back injury, he too will only add to this line, and when Coples gets back, watch out. But Richardson is really impressive.

- Barnes was also impressive, his speed and burst off the line is something we haven't seen at OLB in a while, and Rex and the coaches moved him around too, sliding him down the line to rush the passer up the middle, very impressive first day.

- Davis was sideline to sideline, also an impressive first day, the hustle on that Jackson tackle to keep TB from scoring the TD at the end of the game was huge.

- Harris to me looked as good as I've seen him, he does seem a step quicker, and showed good anticipation.

- I thought Allen overall had a pretty good game, I actually enjoyed the play overall of the safeties, Landry played well, Allen and Jarrett were solid.

- Milliner had an up and down game, but flashed the talent he has, communication was lacking on a couple of the big plays, but I didn't see anything that can't be improved with coaching, corrections, and experience as the season moves forward.

- Cro seemed to be a step behind at times, but I thought he finished the game ok, I hope it's a situation where he will only get healthier and healthier

- The injuries, good to see all 3 players, Cumberland, Kerley, and Mangold come back. Gholston, to me should have been ejected after the hit on Kerley, thought it was a clear intent to go after the player's head, but it was especially good to see both Cumberland and Kerley ok, and then Mangold.

- Folk was clutch

- Mallone an 84 yd punt?

- Game plan was sound, on both sides of the ball, very impressive opening day for the defense, and I thought MM did a lot of good things, he was conservative, but I felt he did everything he could go help Geno be successful in his first game. I think he will open up the offense as Geno proves himself, and shows himself to be more comfortable in what the offense is doing.

- Happy to see Holmes play the whole game, he too will only get better as the season moves forward.

- Winslow looks like he will be one of our bigger pick-ups on offense.

- Really looking forward to seeing what MM will do with Goodson once he gets back.

- Penalties were down, it was a disciplined and well prepared team, that was only held behind a little bit in the first half because of a rookie QB. That 14-5 score at the half was only because Geno let the moment of the drive inside his own 5 get the best of him. Geno struggled, but he really put it together after he got the fumble and INT out of his system.

-Can't wait for Thursday, the Pats will obviously be a good test, but I think the defense won't be as stout, especially in the secondary, that was a good TB secondary that Geno faced today, that isn't what he will face against the Pats.

-Milliner was up and down, but showed flashes of how good he can be, and will only get better as he gains confidence in himself, and what the Jets will ask him to do on defense.

-Cro played hurt, you could tell he is not yet 100%, so I hope that he will continue to get healthy each week.
    Beautifully written Ray. I agree with your analysis 100 per cent. I love what the kid showed today. Such poise and control. He can be a very good one for us. Imagine when he has lots of experience. I thought his command of the huddle was very telling. These guys will follow Geno into battle 100 per cent! Its a team game and Geno is a team player! Good job Ray- Ray.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    Then why not stop watching the Jets until Geno gets the experience you desire. But do me a favor please: Let us be happy for the kid and the victory. You sound like a sourpuss Sanchez fan. When he gets traded to the Orlando Predators, please follow him to that team and stop stinking up this board full of happy Jets fans today. Spew your venom after we lose a game and play Sanchez-like. If you really think GENO was not impressive doing what he did without a running game against one of the better NFL defenses then you should have been watching Howdy Doody re-runs! We won the game and Geno figured prominently. Better times are coming with or without you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Oh no, they're going to call you a SOJF now. You're not suppose to say bad thing about the Jets.
    anyone can say what they want. Just state the facts; not an unfounded line of BS. The kid won a game we were supposed to lose. He stood tall in adversity and won. That is impressive and the quality of his play got better the longer he played. Why people like you and him have to come here to dump on any Jets player is getting sickening beyond belief especially after a gigantic win for us. GO JETS!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP is a little overly positive (i.e. not touching on any of the negatives today at all really, and there were some), but with that said, I generally agree with most of his post.
    Consider the source, lol.

I do agree with the post, though.

#yoloswag

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Then why not stop watching the Jets until Geno gets the experience you desire. But do me a favor please: Let us be happy for the kid and the victory. You sound like a sourpuss Sanchez fan. When he gets traded to the Orlando Predators, please follow him to that team and stop stinking up this board full of happy Jets fans today. Spew your venom after we lose a game and play Sanchez-like. If you really think GENO was not impressive doing what he did without a running game against one of the better NFL defenses then you should have been watching Howdy Doody re-runs! We won the game and Geno figured prominently. Better times are coming with or without you.
    lol relax.. im just as happy for the kid and the victory as much as you are!
    my bad for stating my opinion here.. i never said im a Sanchez fan. all i said is that its a lil bit of a reach to call Genos performance impressive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Why must you be a dick???? Come on...Geno played really well. D was terrific.