Thread: Vick or RG3 Monday night?

All League

Vick or RG3 Monday night?

Looks like I'll be down about 20 by the end of the Giants game. I've got both Vick and RG3...which one should I go with?

I'd go with RG3 but its really close.

All League
    yeah...that's who I have in the lineup right now.

given that I need a pretty big game from whoever I play, I'm wondering if that changes the equation. I'm pretty sure RG3 is a "safer" bet, but I'm wondering if Vick might be more "boom or bust..." at this point, a solid 15 point game ain't gonna do it. I need someone to put up at least 20.

Jets Insider VIP
    Whats the rust factor for RG3? He had no preseason. Will he be rusty in the early going maybe resulting in a pick or 2?

Mike Vick in Chip Kellys insane offense? Whats that going to produce?

This is a real tough choice. I might roll the dice and go Mike Vick being that he has played in the preseason and isnt coming off a blown out knee.

Good luck buddy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Whats the rust factor for RG3? He had no preseason. Will he be rusty in the early going maybe resulting in a pick or 2?

Mike Vick in Chip Kellys insane offense? Whats that going to produce?

This is a real tough choice. I might roll the dice and go Mike Vick being that he has played in the preseason and isnt coming off a blown out knee.

Good luck buddy.
    thanks Namath.

I would probably go with Vick, based on the situation. I like RGIII as the better fantasy QB over the course of the season, but I believe Vick is more likely to give you a 20+ point performance. As already said, the rust factor and injury for RGIII probably pose a bigger risk to his production than Vick and his new offense. Plus, I could see Shanahan and co. doing every thing they can to keep him in the pocket and limit the scrambling. Vick won't be as restricted.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I would probably go with Vick, based on the situation. I like RGIII as the better fantasy QB over the course of the season, but I believe Vick is more likely to give you a 20+ point performance. As already said, the rust factor and injury for RGIII probably pose a bigger risk to his production than Vick and his new offense. Plus, I could see Shanahan and co. doing every thing they can to keep him in the pocket and limit the scrambling. Vick won't be as restricted.
    yeah, i hear you. but i've decided to role with RG3. just can't find any experts who are saying to go with vick, although I agree it's sketchy with RG3. thanks for advice though...we'll see.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 09-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    yeah, i hear you. but i've decided to role with RG3. just can't find any experts who are saying to go with vick, although I agree it's sketchy with RG3.
    Anonymous player says RG3 is excited to play..

Jets Insider VIP
    RG3bow just told the espn sideline lady that God handled hirehab and told him he's ready to play

All League
    guess i blew that one...oh well, at least I've got Vick. Looks like he could put up big numbers in that offense.

How many points did RGIII end up getting you? He started racking up the numbers in the last quarter and change. May have got around the 20 you needed depending on your league scoring.

Undrafted Free Agent
    RGIII kind of looked rustic a bit in the first half due to not playing all pre-season. But then picked up where he left off. But too little too late.

In the end of that game both guys put up good points.

All League
    Great 4th quarter bailed me out. RG3 ended up with about 21...just enough. Vick had 24.

Thanks for the help.