View Poll Results: Should the Jets ask Fireman Ed to come back?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we want him back!

74 67.27%
  • No, we're better off without him

36 32.73%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Should the Jets ask Fireman Ed to come back?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Poll: Should the Jets ask Fireman Ed to come back?

Would like to hear your thoughts on possibly bringing back Fireman Ed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    Would like to hear your thoughts on possibly bringing back Fireman Ed.
    Placed sounded pretty loud on t.v. to me...looked a little empty towards the end though.

Obviously Ed is a Week 1 free agent signing....important news.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we won't have to guarantee his salary for the whole season - LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is it so hard for someone else to get on their buddy's shoulders and do the JETS chant?!

Every JETS bar I have ever been to has a guy that leads it... And if he's not there one week? ANOTHER person does it! What a concept!

Ed's a Dollfish fan anyways. Seriously... Policeman 32 Green could easily take over and become the new icon, I'm sure.

Policeman Green sounds better than Fireman Ed anyways. Also, Mr Green, you should wear a giant Pot Leaf Necklace when you take over your new spot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the game was fine without him, the fans knew to get loud on 3rd downs. we dodnt need ed for that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not needed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last year at the Jets-Colts game I was a few rows back from him. He was great. It wasn't about him. He just gets the crowd going at the right times and helps the D. Jets won that game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Why is it so hard for someone else to get on their buddy's shoulders and do the JETS chant?!

Every JETS bar I have ever been to has a guy that leads it... And if he's not there one week? ANOTHER person does it! What a concept!
    We had some @sshat in our section who tried to do it. Got on the shoulders of someone else, did all the Ed motions, and everything. Problem was, he did it when the Jets were at the 7 going into the score to Winslow, in the endzone that the Jets were in. Most of the fans in the section at least were smart enough to know that is the worst possible time to get loud and make noise and ignored him.

So, apparently, anyone can get on someone's shoulders and do it, but you need a guy with an IQ higher than the number of fingers he has to know NOT to do it when the offense is trying to run a play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn straight

The Jets chant will eventually die without him.

The crowd was pretty loud yesterday, but the chant sounded weak and pathetic everytime they attempted it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    We had some @sshat in our section who tried to do it. Got on the shoulders of someone else, did all the Ed motions, and everything. Problem was, he did it when the Jets were at the 7 going into the score to Winslow, in the endzone that the Jets were in. Most of the fans in the section at least were smart enough to know that is the worst possible time to get loud and make noise and ignored him.

So, apparently, anyone can get on someone's shoulders and do it, but you need a guy with an IQ higher than the number of fingers he has to know NOT to do it when the offense is trying to run a play.
    Well... That's dumb. If you're gonna do it, it should be done after a scoring drive and for the D. I still say anoint Policeman Green

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like Ed's routine, and I wish he would come back. But I wonder why the chant can't be led by the stadium graphics. I think that's the way the Broncos do it for their "in-com-plete" chant when a visiting QB fails to connect with a receiver. Why can't the Jets chant work the same way?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Damn straight

The Jets chant will eventually die without him.

The crowd was pretty loud yesterday, but the chant sounded weak and pathetic everytime they attempted it.
    +1.. The chant was pretty much dead yesterday

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The answer is YES.

Come back Fireman Ed!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd definitely be happy to see Fireman Ed come back.

But I agree. The Jets can keep it alive -- if they stop over thinking it. Why do we need a different letter on each side of the stadium, or the drumline to instigate it? We don't even need Fireman Ed LIVE, even footage of him getting on his buddy's shoulders and quieting the crowd would work. Just throw it up on the big screens. If he's not cool with that, could have a couple Jets players just act out the motions on screen. It doesn't have to be complicated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This should end well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphin fan
    Unretire?
    Must
    Prohibit!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ed (the person) is a class act and a really nice guy. But we can do without the "Fireman Ed".

No "Ed", no problem. The crowd was great yesterday b.c we had a reason to cheer. The fans feed off the players and vice versa.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That'll be no Scott!!!!! Say it with the Dr Evil Accent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ed (the person) is a class act and a really nice guy. But we can do without the "Fireman Ed".

No "Ed", no problem. The crowd was great yesterday b.c we had a reason to cheer. The fans feed off the players and vice versa.
    It's not like he was getting paid as he was not. He wore a Sanchez jersey and a few fans gave him a hard time about it after Marks poor play. It was the straw that broke the camel's back. He still goes to games but he feels unappreciated for all his efforts. I doubt he comes back.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, hell yes and yes please. Drumline is doing a good job of getting the chant going, but not enough and not right before each kickoff, which Ed was great for.