Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Should the Jets ask Fireman Ed to come back?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we want him back!

74 67.27%
  • No, we're better off without him

36 32.73%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Should the Jets ask Fireman Ed to come back?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted NO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The chant was weak because nobody understood wtf the drum line would play and that they were supposed to tell us when to chant. We don't need Ed. We just need anybody to get on somebody's shoulders and lead it. Years ago, there used to be several people around the stadium, including ED, who did it at Giants Stadium. PSLs probably forced all of those people out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without Ed the chant has no chance of survival. The fans hearts are not in it when they are prompted by the big screen or other 'lame' attempts. At least Ed had his heart and soul burned into that chant. I doubt he will resume anytime soon. Maybe he will surprise us in a big spot and crank one out for old times sake.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that the Jets did reach out to him in August to come back, I thought there was a post back in August on this.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't even notice he was missing. Stadium seemed louder than past seasons!!!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Most definitely was, and hell know we are on a roll.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most definitely! I am challenging your Jets fans credentials if you feel otherwise. Fireman Ed I apologize for the 30% of people that call themselves Jets' fans. I would have rather seen Rex go than Fireman Ed! I'm just a bit fired up. I really can't believe 30% of Jets fans would say no. Boggles my mind. Fireman Ed is a legend and he is one of the things that makes the Jets the Jets. Love Ed!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love New York, but seriously. How is this a question? Only in New York can the New York City Council vote down a football stadium in Manhattan that would have brought the Olympics to New York. Only in New York would "sports writers" like Mike Lupica come out against a stadium on the grounds of economical theory. But then again somebody had to vote for Obama. I love New York, but sometimes I can't believe the things people say on this message board. I thought all Jets fans had a common blood. Fireman Ed is one of my heroes. I really expected to see 95% yes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fireman Ed should be known as the biggest poser if he shows up to another game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HighJetsFan View Post
    Where are people coming up with that the stadium was so loud the other day? I've been to a lot of Jets games, and the crowd noise from the other day was nothing to write home about, and in fact, since they've moved into the new stadium, the crowd was a little bit below average up until the final Jets defensive drive of the game. And that was on opening day when the place should've been rocking (no pun intended)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tedtedthefootballhead View Post
    Without Ed the chant has no chance of survival. The fans hearts are not in it when they are prompted by the big screen or other 'lame' attempts. At least Ed had his heart and soul burned into that chant. I doubt he will resume anytime soon. Maybe he will surprise us in a big spot and crank one out for old times sake.
    You nailed it!!!! It's hard for anyone to really get "into" the chant when it's being led people who couldn't possibly care any less about the Jets (don't these same guys also work for the Giants as their drumline?) It's baffling the hatred people have for Fireman Ed, and also the complaints that they have that he got paid by the Jets, but yet the drumline sits on their ass and gets paid to pound a few drums, and that somehow qualifies as a paying job. WTF?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    Would like to hear your thoughts on possibly bringing back Fireman Ed.
    Real Jet fans never quit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It should go back to the old way before ED. When it was section against section like in Shea and the old GS. I guess most of the old farts like Sar use to call them got priced out.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest issue with Sunday was timing. True the stadium was very loud, great opening day loud. What I missed was the chant at kickoffs. Ed always had the right timing for kickoffs and this drumline crap simply doesn't. They were either too ealy or missed the kickoff altogether. I'm amazed at how an organization could be so out of touch with the fans and game experience. "JET UP" was starting to grow on me a bit though, I hafta admit

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes guy was good stadium was louder with chant

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ed (the person) is a class act and a really nice guy. But we can do without the "Fireman Ed".

No "Ed", no problem. The crowd was great yesterday b.c we had a reason to cheer. The fans feed off the players and vice versa.
    b.s. i used to have tickets and remember quit well how ed got that stadium rocking.i rember the first year he skipped for whatever reason.plenty of people tried to pick up the slack.never happened and that stadium was LAME that year. LAME