Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Kerley has a concussion

Jeremy Kerley has a concussion

Probably will miss the Patriots game.... Great.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Wonder if we will bring back one of the vets who was cut now that salaries aren't guaranteed: Edwards, Obomanu or Massaquio

$hit! They better get Braylon on the phone.

I hope they fine that guy that popped him in the head along with the other one that hit Cumberland. 2 bad helmet to helmet hits in that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    $hit! They better get Braylon on the phone.
    I was thinking the same thing. In the WCO catching is more important than speed. He has the best hands of the bunch. Hill goes on a fly route and Braylon does an out to the same side.

All League
    Not good. At least Hill appeared improved yesterday. Maybe Spadola will step up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    What about Cumberland? He got a helmet to helmet and had to leave also.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    What about Cumberland? He got a helmet to helmet and had to leave also.
    No concussion, hurt his chin. Will play vs the Patriots.

Spads has to fill in, and we may re-sign someone. Kerley is actually our #1 receiver. Sucks that he's injured. Bucs did a number on the WRs.

On the other hand, Holmes needs to start being Tone-Time again.

All League
    don't understand how these guys keep getting back in the game...then they later find out it's a concussion, and it keeps the guy out a week or two. happened at least once or twice with the jets last year (revis may have been one of them). not sure if this happens with other teams too...but it makes me wonder about the Jets docs.

Maybe Holmes will step up this week? He looked fine running yesterday, just has to get the rust off and was also vs Revis.

I doubt he would have been allowed back in the game with a concussion

Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    don't understand how these guys keep getting back in the game...then they later find out it's a concussion, and it keeps the guy out a week or two. happened at least once or twice with the jets last year (revis may have been one of them). not sure if this happens with other teams too...but it makes me wonder about the Jets docs.
    The concussions tests are pretty standard. According to what I read, Kerley passed the test in-game and post-game.

Veteran
    @MMehtaNYDN: Team spokesman says team trainers erred on the side of caution and held Jeremy Kerley out of practice today due to a concussion. #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Kerley also passed concussion protocol after game & passed. However, he felt uneasy today and went thru tests today (cont) #nyj

@RichCimini: Kerley passed in-game concussion test, allowed to return, per team. Passed post-game test. Didn't pass test this AM. #Jets

From Braylon's twitter :

Braylon Edwards
    @OfficialBraylon
    8 Sep Checking out some football for a few before i do my ankle rehab...yeah, i gotta get back on the field asap.

Doesn't look like getting BE back is possible at this time. Damn.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    The concussions tests are pretty standard. According to what I read, Kerley passed the test in-game and post-game.
    so...what's the deal with this thread then? is it possible that he passed in game and post game, but not day after? and if so, is it likely he's out for thursday?

edit: ok, see my answer in the above tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
    Have you ever taken the concussion tests? They're very difficult to pass WITHOUT a concussion. They're based on military models that they give soldiers after they experience concussions from blasts.

We used to give them to each other after drinking. The results were hilarious.

Kerley's concussion is not.

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: Team spokesman says team trainers erred on the side of caution and held Jeremy Kerley out of practice today due to a concussion. #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Kerley also passed concussion protocol after game & passed. However, he felt uneasy today and went thru tests today (cont) #nyj

@RichCimini: Kerley passed in-game concussion test, allowed to return, per team. Passed post-game test. Didn't pass test this AM. #Jets
    Can't trust either of these guys

Quote Originally Posted by JetsThings View Post
    We used to give each other reach-arounds after drinking. The results were fabulous.
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Can't trust either of these guys
    Why would they lie and make the team look good?