Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 63% completion percentage

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    actually, yes.

it was our last win of the season
    Thank you. Mark was so comical I barely watched his great games last year! How many times has he eclipsed a 60 per cent rating in 5 years? I don't know but it can not be a lot.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 09-10-2013 at 06:56 AM.

70% is where you need to be consistently to be a good nfl QB. Lets hope he gets there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Only fact that is important is that Geno won! Id rather ride with a rookie's mistakes then a 5th year veterans constant errors and regression. I have hope for GENO that as he plays more his mistakes will be curtailed. I think he is a more talented QB then people want to give him credit for. I do not care to see Geno vs Mark comparisons here. Yet somehow I just know that if Geno has a bad game, the Sanchezites with start pounding themselves on the chest and demand that their hero be the starter! Yetif its Mark making the mistakes they go along for the ride making excuse after excuse for their hero. GO JETS!
    Geno played one game. While it was a great game, and the Jets won, anointing him the answer to Sanchez is premature at this point.

Let him continue playing the way he did after his initial hiccups, and we can move from there. I'm excited as well, but we can't think that the "hard to watch" games aren't coming. If they don't, great, but a few things in this thread are silly.

EDIT: Comparing him to Sanchez is not only ridiculous, but check this out:

2009 at Houston - opening day:

18 att/31 comp 272 yds 1TD/1INT 58% 84.3 QB rating

Not that different from Geno's opening day.

Point is, don't compare one to the other. Geno's performance has nothing to do with Sanchez.
    Last edited by John_0515; 09-10-2013 at 07:20 AM.

same mentality as the media. pile on the easy target.

we're all excited about Geno, as we should be.

he had a strong performance, bounced back from some early jitters, and put us in a position to win the game.

i just don't get the obsession with ****ting on Mark at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    same mentality as the media. pile on the easy target.
    But the media aren't necessarily "fans" of the team.

It's ridiculous some people can get so much pleasure trashing a guy who still wears the jersey, half the time not even accurate with the venom they're spewing, and somehow think that makes them a better fan than people who just want to move on . . .

i just don't get the obsession with ****ting on Mark at every turn.
    It's because he sucks at doing the thing that we hired him to do - play QB in the NFL. And then we paid him more money to suck even worse.

Despite 3 seasons of top-to-bottom sucking, there are still Jets fans who cherry pick single games (or certain plays) and imagine "what if every Sanchez game/throw was like this" and then come up with excuses why they aren't. These excuses are almost always the fault of someone besides the guy whose job it is to actually throw the ball.

It's pretty straightforward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Snatchez's best completion percentage is with women, not in-game. Now he'll have more time to perfect that.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    When was the last time Sanchez had a 63% completion percentage in a game around here?

Smith completed 63% of his passes, threw the ball away instead of eating it, fumbling it, or throwing it directly to a defensive lineman, took off down the field with his legs and got us some 1st downs, and did this with absolutely no run support...
    NOT BAD!

M sanchez has games where he completed in the seventies and high sixties completion percentage Case In point last year opener against the Bills he was 19 for 27 266 yards with 3 TD. The problem is Qbs aren't judged on one game, but what you do over a season. YEs Geno smith had some very good numbers in week one (should be ecstatic but like all rookie Qb's going to have his ups and downs this year. The question is will his completion percentage be in the sixty percentile by seasons end?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Geno played one game. While it was a great game, and the Jets won, anointing him the answer to Sanchez is premature at this point.

Let him continue playing the way he did after his initial hiccups, and we can move from there. I'm excited as well, but we can't think that the "hard to watch" games aren't coming. If they don't, great, but a few things in this thread are silly.

Point is, don't compare one to the other. Geno's performance has nothing to do with Sanchez.
    +1

You really can't compare the two until you have a body of work on Geno. Sanchez was way up and down in year one, but it was hard to find a Jets fan that wasn't ready to hail him as the "Sanchize" after a rookie year where he finished strong. Let's also remember he beat a middle of the road team in Week 1 (Texans) followed by a win in Week 2 against the Pats on his way to starting 3-0, when Jets fans were already thinking about a deep run (which eventually happened).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    LOL -- he did "eat it" on bad sacks where he didn't throw it away, he did "fumble it" leading to an easy TD, he did throw it "directly" to a defender (though that could easily have been a wrong route by the receiver).

If the only way we can appreciate what Geno did on Sunday is to compare him to "the worst QB in the history of the NFL" (and not even do it accurately), then the kid must not have done much. Let him stand/fall on his own accomplishments instead of the constant straw man of "I've never seen Sanchez do that" (even though he most likely did multiple times) . . .

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    We didn't win BECAUSE of Geno
    Not so fast.... You have to consider how many games the Jets LOST last season BECAUSE of QB play. So, if the Jets did NOT LOST BECAUSE of QB play, it means that they WON BECAUSE of QB play.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    70% is where you need to be consistently to be a good nfl QB. Lets hope he gets there.

Dude,

Look up how many times Peyton Manning and Tom Brady completed 70% in a season before you make that comment.

Disagree. Geno had no running game, while the Jets racked up 190 yards vs the Texans.

Lets not forget the OP said last week that Sanchez is faking his injury.

Regarding comparing first games:

Lets remember Different O, different OC. Different play calling. Away vs Home.

Also IIRC Sanchez converted a ridiculous % of 3rd down conversions.

Exactly, but we didn't lose because of Geno either. When was the last time we could say that our QB didn't lose the game. He did everything he was asked and bounced back from mistakes. Made plays when necessary. I like how Geno can make plays with his legs. He also slides at first sight of defensive player. He may not be Manning or Brady, but he is 100% better than Sanchez has ever been.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    True. If Geno truly is better, he won't need us to prove it to everyone.

I'm not a Mark guy by any stretch, but piling on him is boring. We should move on and concern ourselves with what's in front of us.

#yoloswag
    I agree. Sanchez didn't preach ground and pound, hire Tebow etc. Let Mark Sanchez get better and be our backup for the rest of the year.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    we do not need that kind of response around here. I think you should be banned. I do not like to accuse any player of faking anything. I see your point but it should have been made better.
    wow. I just saw this response from you and lol that you wanted me banned for my response to the idiot thread. YOU should be banned for thinking I shoulda been banned, even though you agreed with me. Hilarious.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    When was the last time Sanchez had a 63% completion percentage in a game around here?

Smith completed 63% of his passes, threw the ball away instead of eating it, fumbling it, or throwing it directly to a defensive lineman, took off down the field with his legs and got us some 1st downs, and did this with absolutely no run support...

NOT BAD!
    Being conservative, or WCO will help with that and who cares. How many 3rd down conversions are there, how many drives kept alive to score or at the very least keep the opposition off the field are made, how many TD's are scored instead of 3's, How much are you outscoring the opponent by so if the D gives one up it doesn't make much of a difference?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If you don't count the game other than the hit on Geno, you're right.

Its pretty dumb to look at one play and think thats the entire game, not look at all the other plays Geno made on Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post

Sure, imagine a world where this is true.

Name the "good" QBs with 70% completion percentages. You know, not counting playing Madden