Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 63% completion percentage

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    we're all excited about Geno, as we should be.

he had a strong performance, bounced back from some early jitters, and put us in a position to win the game.

i just don't get the obsession with ****ting on Mark at every turn.
    Most of the people are just sick and tired of sanchezs screw ups. Yes he made some great plays also. That was in his first two seasons, since he has not. There is a lot of blame to go around too. The jets front office never replaced key players on the O, add in two of the worst coaches(oc & qb coach). These guys never helped him develope. Put any rookie qb in this mix and they would fail. Rex acquired a talented team, set up to win now(aka old). Every move was to win it all in the first two years. Now we are the 21st century 49ers(after young), except no SB trophy. If a player is a Jet we should support him. The difference here is this team is stuck with Sanchez. If he didnt have a gaurenteed salary, he would be gone. That money could have brought in a few free agents that would help us, instead of wasting it on a wasted talent.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Lets not forget the OP said last week that Sanchez is faking his injury.

Regarding comparing first games:

Lets remember Different O, different OC. Different play calling. Away vs Home.

Also IIRC Sanchez converted a ridiculous % of 3rd down conversions.

Sanchez doesn't need surgery, he has a labral tear that you would probably find in 50% of all quarterbacks in the league right now but they just don't know it because they haven't had their shoulder MRI'd. You can have lots of injuries and not even know it, discs being one of them. I think his plan to throw the kid into the fire backfired on him last week. Sanchez won't have that surgery because he doesn't need it.

None of this matters though because he'll never start another game for the New York Jets anyway... Still, think of all the really great impact players we could have had if MT hadn't handed this player like $65 million dollars over the last 5 years.

Does anybody know exactly how much Sanchez will have taken from the New York Jets over the course of his time here? Add this years entire salary to the total. How much has he taken this team for?

I shudder to think of the really great players we could have had if the Jets never moved up in the draft to take this player. Could that have made the difference in at least one of those AFC Championship Games? Could we already have had another Superbowl victory of two if not for the signing of this Quarterback back then?

My personal opinion is that the Jets would have at least one Superbowl victory right now if not for the Sanchez move in the draft. Yes, we would have had the Lombardi Trophy and at least one SB ring... Mike Tannenbaum should be banned from the NFL for life for this.
    Last edited by billygreen; 09-12-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Sanchez doesn't need surgery, he has a labral tear that you would probably find in 50% of all quarterbacks in the league right now but they just don't know it because they haven't had their shoulder MRI'd. You can have lots of injuries and not even know it, discs being one of them. I think his plan to throw the kid into the fire backfired on him last week. Sanchez won't have that surgery because he doesn't need it.

None of this matters though because he'll never start another game for the New York Jets anyway... Still, think of all the really great impact players we could have had if MT hadn't handed this player like $65 million dollars over the last 5 years.

What? So he's still faking? Funny. Mike & Mike had an orthopedic Dr on today. A labrum tear in a QB needs surgery. Another position possibly could play through it. But as a QB the tear would affect his throwing motion/performance. But stick to your warped thoughts, Dr. You are truly clueless.

Does anybody know exactly how much Sanchez will have taken from the New York Jets over the course of his time here? Add this years entire salary to the total. How much has he taken this team for?

I shudder to think of the really great players we could have had if the Jets never moved up in the draft to take this player. Could that have made the difference in at least one of those AFC Championship Games? Could we already have had another Superbowl victory of two if not for the signing of this Quarterback back then?

My personal opinion is that the Jets would have at least one Superbowl victory right now if not for the Sanchez move in the draft. Yes, we would have had the Lombardi Trophy and at least one SB ring... Mike Tannenbaum should be banned from the NFL for life for this.
    You should be banned. Sanchez didn't **** the bed in 1 playoff game and wasn't the reason they didn't go to the SB. Clueless! Best of luck to you.

Oh and you can't use google to find your answer, Dr. Clueless.

You should be banned. Sanchez didn't **** the bed in 1 playoff game and wasn't the reason they didn't go to the SB. Clueless! Best of luck to you.

Oh and you can't use google to find your answer, Dr. Clueless.

You're one of his girlfriends aren't you... I knew it.

Nice intelligent response. Shocking.

THE SIGNING OF MARK SANCHEZ COST THE NEW YORK JETS AT LEAST ONE SUPERBOWL RING!

I will say that with no reservation what so ever... We could have signed bigtime players with all that money! We could have been a MONSTER with all that cash!

But no... Tanenbaum strikes again...

We could've had another Superbowl ring after all this time... maybe two... It's not easy being green... TILL GENO THAT IS!

Hall Of Fame
    Nice intelligent response. Shocking.
    LOL....dont waste your time C Mart. You are attempting to debate with one of the worst posters around here. Some of the non sense spouted by that guy is truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL....dont waste your time C Mart. You are attempting to debate with one of the worst posters around here. Some of the non sense spouted by that guy is truly amazing.
    Excuse me "Row 23" would you mind moving back to Row 60, or maybe the parking lot? We're trying to have a discussion here and figure out what went wrong with the Jets and why we don't have at least one recent Superbowl ring right now k?

I will say that with no reservation what so ever... We could have signed bigtime players with all that money! We could have been a MONSTER with all that cash!

We could've had another Superbowl ring after all this time... maybe two... It's not easy being green... TILL GENO THAT IS!
    Grow up. You're being more than just a regular JI attention whore right now; you're showing very little human spirit. Sanchez wasn't the reason we lost any of those playoff games, and if nothing else, he's a stand up citizen and classy guy in a world filled with people like you. Claiming he's faking an injury, and calling him the things you've called him simply because he regressed over the past two years in a game which we participate in for sheer entertainment value is beyond pathetic. If your face were attached to your screen name, it may remind me of Bobby V at this very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Grow up. You're being more than just a regular JI attention whore right now; you're showing very little human spirit. Sanchez wasn't the reason we lost any of those playoff games, and if nothing else, he's a stand up citizen and classy guy in a world filled with people like you. Claiming he's faking an injury, and calling him the things you've called him simply because he regressed over the past two years in a game which we participate in for sheer entertainment value is beyond pathetic. If your face were attached to your screen name, it may remind me of Bobby V at this very moment.

How many girlfriends does this guy have? Really, how many?

Jets Insider VIP
    with each new thread he starts, billygreen is adding to his campaign for a vacation from JI

Hall Of Fame

Are you 12 years old?

You really are useless around here.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Geno played one game. While it was a great game, and the Jets won, anointing him the answer to Sanchez is premature at this point.

Let him continue playing the way he did after his initial hiccups, and we can move from there. I'm excited as well, but we can't think that the "hard to watch" games aren't coming. If they don't, great, but a few things in this thread are silly.

EDIT: Comparing him to Sanchez is not only ridiculous, but check this out:

2009 at Houston - opening day:

18 att/31 comp 272 yds 1TD/1INT 58% 84.3 QB rating

Not that different from Geno's opening day.

Point is, don't compare one to the other. Geno's performance has nothing to do with Sanchez.
    Way different than Geno's day. We ran for like 200 yards in that game and Sanchez had a clean pocket all day. Even then he still threw a Pick 6 even in that game.

This dude is worse than McGinley.

And that's saying something.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    True. If Geno truly is better, he won't need us to prove it to everyone.

I'm not a Mark guy by any stretch, but piling on him is boring. We should move on and concern ourselves with what's in front of us.

#yoloswag
    agreed plus lets hope the guy can revive his career elsewhere. I'd hate to see his shoulder hold him back in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    We didn't win BECAUSE of Geno
    Oh yes we did. Geno's speed was the difference on that play. Any slower and he is hit in bounds and the game is over.

Disagree because who were they going to play at QB? Kellen Clemens?

Sanchez doesn't need surgery, he has a labral tear that you would probably find in 50% of all quarterbacks in the league right now but they just don't know it because they haven't had their shoulder MRI'd.
    This. As I heard someone say "who DOESN'T have a partial labral tear?".