Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 63% completion percentage

63% completion percentage

When was the last time Sanchez had a 63% completion percentage in a game around here?

Smith completed 63% of his passes, threw the ball away instead of eating it, fumbling it, or throwing it directly to a defensive lineman, took off down the field with his legs and got us some 1st downs, and did this with absolutely no run support...

NOT BAD!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    When was the last time Sanchez had a 63% completion percentage in a game around here?

Smith completed 63% of his passes, threw the ball away instead of eating it, fumbling it, or throwing it directly to a defensive lineman, took off down the field with his legs and got us some 1st downs, and did this with absolutely no run support...

NOT BAD!
    Wow...you really can't let it go, can you.

LOL! Let what go? The happy feeling Jets fans haven't been accustomed to the last 4 seasons? Nah, think I'll hold on to this if ya don't mind... lol

Jets get this run game going and this offense might actually command some respect this season. Wanna see what Goodson brings to the table in a couple of weeks. Give Geno a half decent run game and this kid is gonna shine!

Week 14 last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Week 14 last season?
    A couple times, actually. He even had 70%+ about 3 times last year.

#yoloswag

Practice Squad
    Geno already showed he has 5x better football knowledge than Mark.This possibly won him the job from day 1.

We didn't win BECAUSE of Geno

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A couple times, actually. He even had 70%+ about 3 times last year.

#yoloswag
    we're all excited about Geno, as we should be.

he had a strong performance, bounced back from some early jitters, and put us in a position to win the game.

i just don't get the obsession with ****ting on Mark at every turn.

we're all excited about Geno, as we should be.

he had a strong performance, bounced back from some early jitters, and put us in a position to win the game.

i just don't get the obsession with ****ting on Mark at every turn.
    True. If Geno truly is better, he won't need us to prove it to everyone.

I'm not a Mark guy by any stretch, but piling on him is boring. We should move on and concern ourselves with what's in front of us.

#yoloswag

All League
    Yes, and chances are Geno won't come close to doing what Mark did his first 2 years. Making the playoffs and then winning road games is unheard of for a rookie in this league. But I am hoping he can do better

NOT BAD!
    LOL -- he did "eat it" on bad sacks where he didn't throw it away, he did "fumble it" leading to an easy TD, he did throw it "directly" to a defender (though that could easily have been a wrong route by the receiver).

If the only way we can appreciate what Geno did on Sunday is to compare him to "the worst QB in the history of the NFL" (and not even do it accurately), then the kid must not have done much. Let him stand/fall on his own accomplishments instead of the constant straw man of "I've never seen Sanchez do that" (even though he most likely did multiple times) . . .

You really shouldn't compare Geno to Sanchez.

If we're going to extrapolate Geno's performance then you should do the negatives as well. He's on pace to have more turnovers than Sanchez over the next 2 seasons.

All League

NOT BAD!
    You're still a friggin douche and always will be for the "Sanchez is faking his injury" thread. Ahole.

At least Geno doesn't have to be taught how to slide.

Jets Insider VIP
    Week 14 last season?
    did he win the game? That is more important then stats!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    You're still a friggin douche and always will be for the "Sanchez is faking his injury" thread. Ahole.
    we do not need that kind of response around here. I think you should be banned. I do not like to accuse any player of faking anything. I see your point but it should have been made better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    did he win the game? That is more important then stats!
    actually, yes.

it was our last win of the season

Lol @ the playoffs argument.

You're right; Geno doesn't have an amazing team built up around him to ride into the playoffs.

#yoloswag

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You really shouldn't compare Geno to Sanchez.

If we're going to extrapolate Geno's performance then you should do the negatives as well. He's on pace to have more turnovers than Sanchez over the next 2 seasons.
    Only fact that is important is that Geno won! Id rather ride with a rookie's mistakes then a 5th year veterans constant errors and regression. I have hope for GENO that as he plays more his mistakes will be curtailed. I think he is a more talented QB then people want to give him credit for. I do not care to see Geno vs Mark comparisons here. Yet somehow I just know that if Geno has a bad game, the Sanchezites with start pounding themselves on the chest and demand that their hero be the starter! Yetif its Mark making the mistakes they go along for the ride making excuse after excuse for their hero. GO JETS!