Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: How was Franchesca today?

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,078

    How was Franchesca today?

    For those of us out of the area or unable to listen, how did mopey Mike handle a Jets win and Giants loss in Week 1?

    Let me guess, "Jets got lucky" and "Da Gianz will be fine. Youse guys will see. Don't nobody get worried, its juss Week 1. The Gianz played horrible and still coulda won. You juss know they won't play dat bad again."


  2. #2
    Yea! This is the time he FINALLY gets his comeuppance! Lets all show him by tuning in to see what he said!

    Do you not get it? Francessa's job is to be interesting enough to make people listen to him. His "shtick" is Giants yay, Jets boo. Giant fans listen to hear him say good things and jets fans listen to how "stupid he is." The thing is, you are all listening, he isnt stupid. Thats all he wants.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,858
    Honestly, i really almost never listen anymore. I tuned in dot a minute and heard a ridiculous comment about Geno celebrating at the end

  4. #4
    Don't listen and don't care

  5. #5
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,536
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Honestly, i really almost never listen anymore. I tuned in dot a minute and heard a ridiculous comment about Geno celebrating at the end
    The funny thing about that was...a Giants fan caller brought it up...then Fatty kept referencing it, prefacing it with "I didnt even bring this up BUT, what did HE do to celebrate?" (Er, he is supposed to be a team leader...one of the things you bashed Mark for...).

    Anyhoo..He acted as if bashing the Jets was never a part of his history and had the gall (as usual) to adopt his " who me? its just one game" attitude when Jet fans called him on it.

    Interestingly, he was not as critical of Eli, whose afternoon appearance on the show he kept teasing. Go figure!

    All in all, predictable Francesser behaviour.

    (and no, our discussing Fatcicles is not going to "keep him on the air", so dont bother whining)

    -

  6. #6
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,533
    Kid plays football his whole life, dreaming of playing in the NFL. Gets his first start as a rookie, leads two 4th quarter comeback drives, wins a crazy game, after everyone on the planet says he and his team are going to suck. Doesn't go overboard with the celebration, basically raises his arms and grins. SEE, WE TOLD YOU THIS KID WAS A P.O.S.!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    634
    Since Mad Dog left this show is just the pits. Nobody to keep his HUGE EGO in check.

  8. #8
    I hate that I can't even listen to a Jets radio show on my way to the stadium on Sunday's. you have Fatcessa on WFAN and the "mighty Midget" Lupica on ESPN Radio. Awful.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,202
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The funny thing about that was...a Giants fan caller brought it up...then Fatty kept referencing it, prefacing it with "I didnt even bring this up BUT, what did HE do to celebrate?" (Er, he is supposed to be a team leader...one of the things you bashed Mark for...).

    Anyhoo..He acted as if bashing the Jets was never a part of his history and had the gall (as usual) to adopt his " who me? its just one game" attitude when Jet fans called him on it.

    Interestingly, he was not as critical of Eli, whose afternoon appearance on the show he kept teasing. Go figure!

    All in all, predictable Francesser behaviour.

    (and no, our discussing Fatcicles is not going to "keep him on the air", so dont bother whining)

    -
    Very few callers make you imagine what they look like but every time that doosh calls in I recognize his cvnty lil voice. Guy sounds like his balls never dropped.

  10. #10

    francesa finds a way to diss the Jets

    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Honestly, i really almost never listen anymore. I tuned in dot a minute and heard a ridiculous comment about Geno celebrating at the end
    Exactly. He killed Geno for standing on the bench. hey , the kid is 22 and is starting his first NFL game. Of course, if it was the Mannings celebrating-- he would not bring it up.

    = He also mentioned that the Jets FO has been hiding the fact that Sanchez has a serious arm injury, to protect

    REX, who, is some sense was responsible for putting him in the last pre-season game.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,288
    I had the Yankees and always will; I think Fatty feels that way about the Jets. He is a fan of the Giants and can't be objective concerning the Jets; he's burnt his bridges with the organization. So why listen to this guy.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    Don't listen and don't care
    +1

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I had the Yankees and always will; I think Fatty feels that way about the Jets. He is a fan of the Giants and can't be objective concerning the Jets; he's burnt his bridges with the organization. So why listen to this guy.

    Yeah but, when Tuna was our coach, Fatso had his knee pads on and promised to swallow...

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,288
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Yeah but, when Tuna was our coach, Fatso had his knee pads on and promised to swallow...
    Yeah he has a thing for Parcells; they both like to eat 10 buckets of chicken. That's how they bonded.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    For those of us out of the area or unable to listen, how did mopey Mike handle a Jets win and Giants loss in Week 1?

    Let me guess, "Jets got lucky" and "Da Gianz will be fine. Youse guys will see. Don't nobody get worried, its juss Week 1. The Gianz played horrible and still coulda won. You juss know they won't play dat bad again."

    Petty much nailed. Gave the usual "a win is a win in the NFL opening" and then proceeded to spend 5 hours (only listened for a few minutes here and there for sh1ts and giggles) explaining how we didn't deserve the win and that the Bucs gave us the game.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    4,282
    If the constant unreasonable Jets bashing isn't enough to make you stop listening, then the constant mouth breathing in to the microphone, making you want to vomit, should be enough.

  17. #17
    I listen to his show.

    Mike Francessa is the GOAT at trolling Jets fans, and the idiots that call in and whine and/or make asses out of themselves makes me laugh.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    If the constant unreasonable Jets bashing isn't enough to make you stop listening, then the constant mouth breathing in to the microphone, making you want to vomit, should be enough.
    Oh, this makes me laugh too - the slob is so fat and unhealthy, he's got sleep apnea when he's awake. LOL

  19. #19
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    75
    Unfortunately the only way to shut that fat clown up is by winning a Super Bowl. Until then he will continue to clown us

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,653
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I listen to his show.

    Mike Francessa is the GOAT at trolling Jets fans, and the idiots that call in and whine and/or make asses out of themselves makes me laugh.
    Plus they only let the dumbest of the dumb Jet fans on the air with him. Anytime a Jet fan makes a coherent and valid thought, Francessa cuts them off and ignores the point.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us